Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

thebeast wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38 am
osubuckeyeman wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:17 am Hue is not a head coach. He might be a good coach but is not a "head coach". I don't see anyway Hue is with Cleveland next year. Not to get off track. I don't know how to feel about Coleman. The Browns traded him for a 2020 conditional 7th??? The Bills bought him for a conditional 7th. It tells you a lot about what both teams feel about Coleman. He was not thought of well in Cleveland. I mean at that price they could have done him justice and just cut him. I guess you keep him out of the division by trading him but is this really a concern because the Bills have nothing invested in Coleman and can cut him later in camp and he can still end up in your division. The Bills paid some lint in Beane's pocket and a stick of Juicy Fruit for Coleman how can anyone feel good about that. Coleman better wake the fudge up or he could find his way out of the NFL. If I was him this would shake me to the core hope it does for his sake.
I think the reason they didn't just cut him has to do with salary, I think the rookie contracts are guaranteed and Cleveland would still have to pay him.
That would make sense. I wonder if the Bills agreed to pay the full contract? That does make sense though.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:28 pm

He's apparently getting reps with the first team offense, now. This combined with a better than expected performance from Josh Allen is finally some positive news for Coleman.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am
osubuckeyeman wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:17 am Hue is not a head coach. He might be a good coach but is not a "head coach". I don't see anyway Hue is with Cleveland next year. Not to get off track. I don't know how to feel about Coleman. The Browns traded him for a 2020 conditional 7th??? The Bills bought him for a conditional 7th. It tells you a lot about what both teams feel about Coleman. He was not thought of well in Cleveland. I mean at that price they could have done him justice and just cut him. I guess you keep him out of the division by trading him but is this really a concern because the Bills have nothing invested in Coleman and can cut him later in camp and he can still end up in your division. The Bills paid some lint in Beane's pocket and a stick of Juicy Fruit for Coleman how can anyone feel good about that. Coleman better wake the fudge up or he could find his way out of the NFL. If I was him this would shake me to the core hope it does for his sake.
I think the reason they didn't just cut him has to do with salary, I think the rookie contracts are guaranteed and Cleveland would still have to pay him.
That would make sense. I wonder if the Bills agreed to pay the full contract? That does make sense though.
Yeah I would like to know that as well. I am always curious about these things - wonder if anyone still owes money (Titans or Eagles) for DGB or whenever a Rookie on a 4-5 year deal gets released early. I guess that is why you hear occasionally of players being slow to report because their Agent is hashing out some of the terms of how much money a player will get if they are cut/injured/traded before the end of their rookie deal?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Yeah I would like to know that as well. I am always curious about these things - wonder if anyone still owes money (Titans or Eagles) for DGB or whenever a Rookie on a 4-5 year deal gets released early. I guess that is why you hear occasionally of players being slow to report because their Agent is hashing out some of the terms of how much money a player will get if they are cut/injured/traded before the end of their rookie deal?
Coleman's Contract was fully guaranteed. Had the Browns cut him they would have had to eat the remaining contract at 100% immediately including the signing bonus that was amortized over the contract term.

That contract is still enforce with the Bills for the next 2 years. the amount guaranteed still is around 3.5 million. The main reason the Bills gave a 7th 2 years out is they are now responsible for the balance if they cut him.

The Bills win if he makes the team and contributes. The Browns win or cut their losses because they didn't have to eat the 3.5 million for a player they didn't want.

Coleman wins if he turns his career around. Pretty low risk move for the Bills overall.

The real winner is probably Kelvin Benjamin given Coleman's speed will ensure the Safeties will have to cover deep leaving KB in single coverage.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 pm

I heard on Dynasty Nerds (who are Ohio based) that Coleman was regularly frequenting strip joints, dropping 8-15K, and getting prostitutes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Artair
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Artair » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm The real winner is probably Kelvin Benjamin given Coleman's speed will ensure the Safeties will have to cover deep leaving KB in single coverage.
Benjamin throwing shade at Newton for being an inaccurate passer and now he has Josh Allen as his QB of the future

i doubt there will be any winners in Buffalo :(

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Artair wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm The real winner is probably Kelvin Benjamin given Coleman's speed will ensure the Safeties will have to cover deep leaving KB in single coverage.
Benjamin throwing shade at Newton for being an inaccurate passer and now he has Josh Allen as his QB of the future

i doubt there will be any winners in Buffalo :(
While Newton is a great fantasy QB, KB spoke the truth about Newton. Only 3 QB's in the league were less accurate last year that started or player in 10 plus games

Siemian, Brissett and they were .1 and .3 % worse and Kiser who was 53.6. None of them will start this year. Newton's career completion percentage is 58.5. Newton hasn't hit the 60% threshold since 2013.

Artair
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Artair » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm KB spoke the truth about Newton. Only 3 QB's in the league were less accurate last year that started or player in 10 plus games

Siemian, Brissett and they were .1 and .3 % worse and Kiser who was 53.6. None of them will start this year. Newton's career completion percentage is 58.5. Newton hasn't hit the 60% threshold since 2013.
preach, brother! i'm in the choir

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:51 am

I’m not a huge Cam Newton fan, but overall completion percentage isn’t all that fair a gauge of true accuracy. Compare his completion percentage at different distances thrown to other quarterbacks and if he’s behind there too, then you can label him truly inaccurate. It may be that he simply throws downfield far more often than most and chooses to run when the choice is run or throw a short gain but high percentage completion.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 am

Wow. How has a thread about an under-achieving receiver who will never amount to anything made it to page 10?
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 am

Ice wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm
Coleman's Contract was fully guaranteed. Had the Browns cut him they would have had to eat the remaining contract at 100% immediately including the signing bonus that was amortized over the contract term.

That contract is still enforce with the Bills for the next 2 years. the amount guaranteed still is around 3.5 million. The main reason the Bills gave a 7th 2 years out is they are now responsible for the balance if they cut him.

The Bills win if he makes the team and contributes. The Browns win or cut their losses because they didn't have to eat the 3.5 million for a player they didn't want.

Coleman wins if he turns his career around. Pretty low risk move for the Bills overall.

The real winner is probably Kelvin Benjamin given Coleman's speed will ensure the Safeties will have to cover deep leaving KB in single coverage.
Thanks for the information. 8-)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:02 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:51 am I’m not a huge Cam Newton fan, but overall completion percentage isn’t all that fair a gauge of true accuracy. Compare his completion percentage at different distances thrown to other quarterbacks and if he’s behind there too, then you can label him truly inaccurate. It may be that he simply throws downfield far more often than most and chooses to run when the choice is run or throw a short gain but high percentage completion.
I agree.

I am a Newton fan for Fantasy football purposes but he really isn't all that accurate. KB did speak the truth but he has his own issues so would have been better to just not say anything IMO.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:20 am

So first round rookies have their full contract guaranteed through 4 years. 2nd round picks it's the first two years, after that, I believe it's only the signing bonus that's guaranteed.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:20 am
So first round rookies have their full contract guaranteed through 4 years. 2nd round picks it's the first two years, after that, I believe it's only the signing bonus that's guaranteed.
Ok that makes sense - appreciate it! 8-)

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 am

Newton is a great fantasy QB but a terrible real life QB. His accuracy is garbage
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff