Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:41 pm

I'd hold. He won't be relevant in that system this year, but could be next season. Look at Dorsett, I know 1 week sample, but regardless.

If you could get something of value sure, but for a throwaway pick, I'd hold. Worst case you miss out on a getting a late pick, who cares.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 pm

jman3134 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:05 pm
jman3134 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:02 pm

If he can't learn the Bills playbook in the preseason (and they are desperate and the worst WR core in the league), what makes you think he will learn the most complicated playbook in the league and be suddenly fantasy relevant? Best case scenario they hold on the practice squad and redshirt him for the entire year+. That's why you sell if you can.

If you really believe in his talent, you can buy then for a lot less than the initial hype.
You mean the franchise that has thought, now twice, that Nathan Peterman is a starting QB in this league?
You are right. The pre-2017 Eagles and pre-2017 Titans were awful decision making organizations. Stupid organizations didn't recognize DGB's talent.

Non sequitur much?
DGB was a first-round draft pick due to physical attributes and metrics and not based on his ability to play football. Coleman was a first round pick because he was a good football player. His career went off track due to freak injuries and questionable (although not illegal) decision making off the field. Coleman has talent that DGB never had, which is what makes them very different.

The more I think about it, your reply is the one that makes zero sense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:23 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 pm
You mean the franchise that has thought, now twice, that Nathan Peterman is a starting QB in this league?
You are right. The pre-2017 Eagles and pre-2017 Titans were awful decision making organizations. Stupid organizations didn't recognize DGB's talent.

Non sequitur much?
DGB was a first-round draft pick due to physical attributes and metrics and not based on his ability to play football. Coleman was a first round pick because he was a good football player. His career went off track due to freak injuries and questionable (although not illegal) decision making off the field. Coleman has talent that DGB never had, which is what makes them very different.

No he wasn't. 2nd round.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:26 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Non sequitur much?

You are missing my point: I was trying to be ironic with the first part of my post.

I would agree that DGB is less talented and showed less in college than Coleman. I was trying to point out the logical break here. The Eagles were once pretty desperate at receiver and cut bait on DGB. Two organizations who made poor personnel decisions making the correct call to cut DGB. That is how I was linking them.

Your argument that because the Bills make poor QB decisions, they shouldn't be trusted for cutting Coleman, does not follow.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 pm

^ my point is that the current regime in Buffalo is just poor at making decisions. The GM explaining himself around cutting Coleman shows that he is bad at making decisions.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:53 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:41 am Anybody who owns Coleman should sell immediately while you still can. It's amazing that this is even happening for you.

I'd love to list the 15-20 WRs that the Pats signed over the past 10 years, who were awesome and going to such a great sitatution.... only to be cut later on.
For what though? I doubt anyone is going to give more than a 3rd for him at this point, and for that I'd rather just hold on the off chance that he becomes relevant again.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 pm ^ my point is that the current regime in Buffalo is just poor at making decisions. The GM explaining himself around cutting Coleman shows that he is bad at making decisions.
I understand your point. It doesn't inherently mean or even logically follow that the organization is wrong about Coleman. You mention their inability to evaluate the QB position. Coleman isn't a QB. So, now every decision Buffalo makes is inherently wrong because of their poor QB decision making?

It isn't just one organization at this point either. At some point, it is the player. Coleman was traded by the Browns first.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Coleman was traded for a 2020 7th round pick. Most 7th round picks don't do anything anyway, so it wasn't a bad decision at all to trade it for essentially a tryout of Coleman. They didn't risk anything.

New England is really good at putting players in position to do what they're really good at. They don't try to teach cats how to bark, or dogs how to meow as some teams do. Coleman (at least in college) had one really good skill and that was stretching the field. Unfortunately, that wasn't shown much in Cleveland with the QB play.

That's not to say that Coleman wasn't at fault for his own downfalls. It's similar to DGB in that he wasn't good at getting the playbook down, didn't improve as a route runner, and his hands were shaky. However, it also didn't seem like Cleveland had a real plan after selecting him from watching games.

I doubt anything comes from the signing, but New England has shown a history of getting guys for nothing and putting them in the right spots to learn and succeed.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:12 pm

The odds are obviously against anything happening from this..
But if anything is going to happen with Coleman - the Patriots are quite possibly the best possible landing spot.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:21 pm

jman3134 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 pm ^ my point is that the current regime in Buffalo is just poor at making decisions. The GM explaining himself around cutting Coleman shows that he is bad at making decisions.
I understand your point. It doesn't inherently mean or even logically follow that the organization is wrong about Coleman. You mention their inability to evaluate the QB position. Coleman isn't a QB. So, now every decision Buffalo makes is inherently wrong because of their poor QB decision making?

It isn't just one organization at this point either. At some point, it is the player. Coleman was traded by the Browns first.
They let Woods & Goodwin walk and brought in two guys they got nothing from in JMatt and, thus far, Benjamin. They drafted Zay Jones... Not sure their receiver scouting is any better than their QB scouting.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:21 pm

They let Woods & Goodwin walk and brought in two guys they got nothing from in JMatt and, thus far, Benjamin. They drafted Zay Jones... Not sure their receiver scouting is any better than their QB scouting.
They got minimal production from Woods and Goodwin. They dealt with injuries in their time there as well.

So is it a receiver valuation problem or something else? JMatt was hurt last year. And Benjamin is talented, but injury prone.

Still doesn't explain away Cleveland arriving at the same conclusion.
K:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:53 pm

jman3134 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:21 pm

They got minimal production from Woods and Goodwin. They dealt with injuries in their time there as well.

So is it a receiver valuation problem or something else? JMatt was hurt last year. And Benjamin is talented, but injury prone.

Still doesn't explain away Cleveland arriving at the same conclusion.
Maybe it is something else. Seems to me that if guys that can be successful elsewhere are consistently not successful in your offense, maybe you try something new. Either way, they are doing something drastically wrong in Buffalo.

Cleveland has a problem with drafting low character guys and bringing them into a locker room with no leadership. They also have a coach that is too busy worrying about right now to worry about the future and he's effectively failed to develop anyone at this point. The few guys that are good in Cleveland, started good. Hopefully Haley can change that, but we'll see.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 am

Coleman is a hold. 3rds are worthless.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 am

btv802 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 am Coleman is a hold. 3rds are worthless.
I got Phillip Lindsay in the 4th, not worthless, if you know what you’re doing.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:03 am

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 am
btv802 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 am Coleman is a hold. 3rds are worthless.
I got Phillip Lindsay in the 4th, not worthless, if you know what you’re doing.