Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:22 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:39 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 am I do not really care what other rookies do when I am talking about him - I care what he does.
ok...... he's still receiving a 12% target share, which is damn good in itself.
Except he didn't do much with that target share, and others did more with less target share.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Not off to an amazing start, I'm using the opportunity to try to buy low.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:09 am

Sounds like Miller is back to practicing in full. Gabriel's breakout week might make his usage interesting though.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:09 am Sounds like Miller is back to practicing in full. Gabriel's breakout week might make his usage interesting though.
was happy to see gabriel and cohen both have big weeks. as a miller truther (before the concensus was on to him), i have to think thats a good sign for miller. split those touches up, to go along with his share of targets....and i think anthony feasts... 8-10 touches a game.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 am
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:09 am Sounds like Miller is back to practicing in full. Gabriel's breakout week might make his usage interesting though.
was happy to see gabriel and cohen both have big weeks. as a miller truther (before the concensus was on to him), i have to think thats a good sign for miller. split those touches up, to go along with his share of targets....and i think anthony feasts... 8-10 touches a game.
I think this effects Cohen more than Gabriel.

Gabe. was seeing about the same amount of targets when Miller was active. Also 2 different types of players, Nagy is using Gabe for his play making ability so I still see him getting 5-7 touches a game, with a sprinkled TD every now and then.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 am
sloth8u wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 am
I think this effects Cohen more than Gabriel.

Gabe. was seeing about the same amount of targets when Miller was active. Also 2 different types of players, Nagy is using Gabe for his play making ability so I still see him getting 5-7 touches a game, with a sprinkled TD every now and then.
its far too early into the offense (4 games) to say how everything unfolds. the big picture here (if your a miller guy) is that the offense has the potential to be explosive.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Bumping this. Looked damn good with only a few looks.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Ant gets open all day on his rookie film. Until more recently, his rookie flaw has been too much route improvisation; that's generally a no-no in the NFL, especially with an inexperienced QB like Trub. Ant's been improving on that, and consequently he's getting targeted more.

I love watching how quick he is off the line and into his route. He's a sudden, twitchy athlete. Guys like that have a lot of upside.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 am

Had an offer last week of a 1st from a contender and turned it down.

I really like this kid.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:24 am

His target share has been increasing weekly. Over the last 4 weeks he's had 26 targets for 15 catches, 250 yards and 2 TDs.

For a rookie WR, that's gotta be rare.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:26 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 pm Bumping this. Looked damn good with only a few looks.
He is getting around 7 targets a game now so his looks are going up as he improves. I was a big fan and he is really starting to shine.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 am Had an offer last week of a 1st from a contender and turned it down.

I really like this kid.
That wasn't much of an offer even before the season when he was going in the late first or high 2nd round of the drafts. Today it's laughable from a contending team.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am

Damn, these last few comments are very high on Miller. Let me ask this question out of pure curiosity: who would you rather have in a straight-up trade, ARob or Miller? Either way, how big is the gap to you?

I easily have ARob > Miller and I'd say the gap is a late 1st... but I'm starting to feel like I'd be laughed at for that opinion.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 am

Ice wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am
MrUbuto wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 am Had an offer last week of a 1st from a contender and turned it down.

I really like this kid.
That wasn't much of an offer even before the season when he was going in the late first or high 2nd round of the drafts. Today it's laughable from a contending team.
Yea that's basically what I told him. He fell to be at pick 16 I think so like a mud 2nd. I was ecstatic to get him there.

But that doesn't mean his value is a mid 2nd. I just got luckily
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am Damn, these last few comments are very high on Miller. Let me ask this question out of pure curiosity: who would you rather have in a straight-up trade, ARob or Miller? Either way, how big is the gap to you?

I easily have ARob > Miller and I'd say the gap is a late 1st... but I'm starting to feel like I'd be laughed at for that opinion.
If you go by trending target shares and current season stats, there’s no way ARob is worth that much more.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134