Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am
skip wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:30 am
Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 am Hes already over hyped. His owner in my league believes hes already a WR 1.
I don't think he's over-hyped. He's falling into the 2nd round this season in a class that overall is weak at the position. He's just as likely to be the best WR in this class as the handful going ahead of him. He's the only "2nd round player" that I voted for that I'd trade my 2019 1st to obtain. Can't ask for a better combination of talent and opportunity from this class, imo.
Hes over hyped in the sense hes being valued as a top 12 WR, in my league, after 1 week of practices.
Ridiculous. To skips comment, I voted Sutton, I prefer to trade firsts for guys who have a legit shot at becoming an X receiver, not slot guys, personally. Sutton will get that shot next year, and by the looks of it, he'll work into by being the number 3 this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby playa_hata » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:22 pm

love me some anthony miller man i was able to score some shares of him DIRT cheap. my first rookie draft (superflex league) i ended up getting him in the 3rd round... this was the day after the nfl draft finished up so he was somewhat under the radar at the time but still getting him in the 3rd was stupid.... I only had 1.9 and 3.7 in the draft and was trying to trade with everyone once he was still on the board half way into the 2nd. needless to say i ended up snagging him at 3.7 and have been beyond excited since then.... Also was able to grab a share of him for tyler eifert and mo sanu team was set to win now and needed some depth not sure how i pulled the deaal off but those are my two anth miller shares and i seemed to have scored big time so far....

Just to brag really quick.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Nice post, thanks.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:41 pm

i hope your right! i own several shares and if he is the real deal....would complete some wr's corps nicely as a wr1/2 flex....and send me in to contention. i passed on him for gesicki in the hof league because of te need and the loss of landry, and question the decision every time i visit the roster (im in desperate need of wr).

my concerns obviously are the competition and age, not to mention the size. how will he hold up? a "football player" plays football, if the guy is a stud, we are likely to see it immediately based off his age. he is what he is at this point.

i try not to get to excited by metrics...some guys, put it together, some dont. a significant or nagging injury can always derail guys aswell. im optipistic as an owner and like you....think getting him early 2nd in most instances is a nice land and the farther back you get....he's a steal (in terms of prospects).

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Great post! Hopefully someone else takes the time do the same on someone else.

Miller's only drawback is his age
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 pm

You lost me when you called arob a scrub..... But seriously I do like Miller, out of the wrs this yr it's Moore, Sutton then Miller and I think he will be a very good slot receiver and a serviceable fantasy player (wr2) with a high floor.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:15 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 pm You lost me when you called arob a scrub.....
I assume he was being facetious.

As for Miller, he's a guy that seems like average or above average. It's always kind of hard to tell how those guys will pan out. Basically if I don't own them they do great, if I own them they are terrible.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:15 pm As for Miller, he's a guy that seems like average or above average. It's always kind of hard to tell how those guys will pan out. Basically if I don't own them they do great, if I own them they are terrible.
This is exactly how I feel

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 pm

A few favorable quotes come out on a rookie (who will very soon be 24) getting the role absolutely expected of him and suddenly he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Better hope he hits in year 1 or you have a 25 who’s proven nothing. It also equates to a guy who ‘dominated’ college at an older age. It is a slippery slope. A few quotes have changed his perception, little else. I’d be cautious investing in those types of sudden risers.

With ARob, Miller, Burton, And Cohen all getting their prices raised, in an unproven offense banking on a first time HC and sophomore QB, this smells of people banking on a Rams like offensive jump, which I’d be pessimistic happens. Something likely has to give.

I’m fine buying, but not at these inflating prices.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:58 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 pm A few favorable quotes come out on a rookie (who will very soon be 24) getting the role absolutely expected of him and suddenly he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Better hope he hits in year 1 or you have a 25 who’s proven nothing. It also equates to a guy who ‘dominated’ college at an older age. It is a slippery slope. A few quotes have changed his perception, little else. I’d be cautious investing in those types of sudden risers.

With ARob, Miller, Burton, And Cohen all getting their prices raised, in an unproven offense banking on a first time HC and sophomore QB, this smells of people banking on a Rams like offensive jump, which I’d be pessimistic happens. Something likely has to give.

I’m fine buying, but not at these inflating prices.
Yep. With a QB who's proven nothing, to boot. Good luck with that. It could happen, but I doubt it. Guys like Kirk ( I own zero shares, BTW) are so young they are insulated in value much more than Miller, so be careful how you value your early 2nd round rookie pick. I want no part in the Bears offense, unless it's Howard on the cheap. Not convinced Trubisky is anything special, with a first year head coach, a bunch of FA acquisitions, some of whom (Burton) have not really done anything, a guy coming off a major injury etc. Everybody has these guys pegged as the Rams (but there is nobody named Todd Gurley, or anyone close to his talent level), and I see the chances of it as a disaster (based on perceived expectations) in the making.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Thank you for the thread! Regardless of anyone else’s opinion, you’ve got some well written content and you obviously did homework to be able to create this post.

I hope you’re right. I snagged him in 2 of my 3 leagues, and he is my WR1 of this class.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:30 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:23 pm Thank you for the thread! Regardless of anyone else’s opinion, you’ve got some well written content and you obviously did homework to be able to create this post.

I hope you’re right. I snagged him in 2 of my 3 leagues, and he is my WR1 of this class.
Unknown-2.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg (10.06 KiB) Viewed 658 times
:lol: I admire your resolve. I don't see the upside, but I have Penny firmly at 1.02, and get called out on it. I was a Michael Thomas guy, and a Kareem Hunt guy, so I have had some hits against the grain, but I was also a Sterling Shepard guy in that class (same as Thomas), and I am now more wary of the older slot guys who come out and their ultimate upside. I think Sutton is the best shot at being a true X in this class. DJ I'm high on, but I think he might be a Golden Tate/Steve Smith type hybrid as his absolute upside. We shall see. Trubisky worries me. I'd be way higher on Miller if he went to a more established QB.

crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crisdecamposmd » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:05 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:14 am I love this sub for the discussions & opinions. The topics here have become stagnant for a few days/weeks, so I wanted to create something I thought might be fun for everyone. Feel free to argue below.

=====================================================================

Anthony Miller is Amazing

What makes a WR amazing in the long run? The best and most-successful WRs in the NFL have had similar traits; ability to run precise routes, quickness over speed, durability, and big hands to name a few. Today we need to look at Anthony Miller so I can help you discover the WR you need to own before it's too late.

Durability: This is the easiest one to talk about so let's start here. His injury history consists of two injuries total (LINK). He missed the entire 2014 season with a shoulder injury his freshman year. This happens to a lot of freshmen though. Freshmen aren't used often in games, yet can stay on the team if given an injury designation. If you search for this injury, there's nothing that can be found about it any shoulder injury, and Miller never references it, so it's highly likely that it was minor or even never happened. Second injury: He hurt his foot during his final game at Memphis, which caused him to miss the senior game and not participate in drills at the combine, and also hurt his pro day numbers ever-so-slightly. This put him under the radar even more than he was before.

Hands: If you have small hands, it's hard to catch the ball. If you have large hands, it's easier to catch the ball. Not rocket surgery. Not only are his hands huge (10"), but the guy makes one-handed catches all the time.

Catch 1: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/10 ... 8038153216
Catch 2: https://youtu.be/CVf_ptNBzyY?t=24s
Catch 3: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/916453145231986689
Catch 4: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... .image.jpg

Picture of Catch 2:

Who does this remind you of? OBJ has 10" hands, stands at 5'11", 200 pounds. Anthony Miller?
10" hands, stands at 5'11", 200 pounds.

Route Running: I'll just leave this part to a site dedicated to studying the metrics of potential NFL stars: ...... Miller’s 85.1 percent success rate vs. zone coverage cleared the 96th percentile among prospects charted over the last three classes. This was an important result given that we’re discussing a likely slot receiver. In the NFL, receivers who primarily line up on the outside see more attempts against man coverage, whereas slot receivers are left to pick through the holes and crevices of zones in the middle of the field. Miller testing out one of the best receivers at getting open against zone coverage is just what you want to see for a player with his projection. (LINK)

Route Tree Success (Green = Good, Red = Bad).

Quickness & Speed: "Memphis WR Anthony Miller (foot) ran the 40-yard dash in an unofficial 4.48 seconds while notching a vertical leap of 39 inches during Tuesday's pro day." It should be noted that Miller was still in his recovery stages when he ran the 40. Here's a recent tweet that shows the quickness he has in his feet: https://twitter.com/AnthonyMiller_3/sta ... 5873661952

Accomplishments:

High School (non-football):
--- The 2013 Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) Division II Class AA state 110m hurdles champion (14.44)
--- Undefeated in the 110m hurdles in 2013
--- TSSAA Division II Class AA state runner-up in the long jump (22-11.75)
--- Two-time regional 110m hurdles champion in 2012 and 2013

College:
--- Put together the best season by a receiver in school history (2016)
--- Set school season records for receptions (95), receiving yards (1,434), TD catches (14) and 100-yard receiving games (8)
--- 9th WR in FBS in receiving yards & receiving yards per game (9th) & TD catches (9th)
--- Set school’s single-game receptions record with 15 (169 yards/2 TD) win over No. 18 Houston
--- Caught 12 passes for a school single-game record 250 yards and two TD vs. Tulsa
--- NCAA Consensus All-American (2017)
--- First Team All-America honoree by AFCA, the Associated Press, ESPN, The Athletic's All-American and Phil Steele
--- Second Team All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Sports Illustrated and the Sporting News
--- Named a finalist for the Burlsworth Trophy and a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award
--- Holds career, single season and single game records in receiving yards, catches and receiving touchdowns
--- First team all-conference in 2017
--- Miller and Isaac Bruce are the only 2 Memphis 1,000 yard, single season receivers in school history

Article in The Players Tribune written by Anthony Miller to all of the NFL GMs. (LINK). The Bears traded up to take Anthony Miller 51st overall. The Bears have a running game that defenses have to plan for. That leaves the middle of the field wide open, which is where Miller excels.

ARob is an overrated scrub: Here's a quick 2 minute explanation by Rotoworld that explains my point of view pretty well, and why you shouldn't at all be worried about the presence of ARob in the lineup. In fact, this is a gift because most people are under-valuing Miller as a result of ARob's existence, when in fact it should be the other way around.

And last but not least, here is a link to a Vikings-Dedicated website that called Anthony Miller "The Biggest Steal In The Draft" (LINK).

Summary: Anthony Miller is a HARD worker. He was a walk-on at Memphis. He had to work non-stop to make the team and win a starting job. He set multiple school records, and placed near the top in all WR categories in the FBS. His frame, hand size, and route running is eerily similar to OBJ. He's made multiple one-handed catches with ease, so the dude can catch anything near him. He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL draft, but also the 2nd round of many Dynasty Rookie Drafts. His value is still extremely low, so this is your LAST SHOT at buying him low before the hype gets insane.

GO GET HIM!
GO GET HIM!
GO GET HIM!
GO GET HIM!

Argue below.

LOL, I've been waiting for this post -- thank you!

crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crisdecamposmd » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 am Hes already over hyped. His owner in my league believes hes already a WR 1.
Because he is. He's going to be ridic. AB + SSS + OBJ = AM

League: NorCal Hoe Down
Team: JUGGERNUTS

-- QB: Cousins

-- WR: AJ Green, Funchess, Garcon, Meredith, Doctson, Lee, T. Williams, AM, Gallup, Enunwa, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mack Hollins, Chris Conley, Treadwell, J'mon Moore, Jordan Matthews (IR)

-- RB: Saquon, Carson, Breida, Clement, CJA, Rob Kelley, James Conner

-- TE: Kelce, Blake Jarwin

-- LB (IDP): Kwon Alexander, Anthony Hitchens, Rashaan Evans

crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crisdecamposmd » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:20 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am
skip wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:30 am
I don't think he's over-hyped. He's falling into the 2nd round this season in a class that overall is weak at the position. He's just as likely to be the best WR in this class as the handful going ahead of him. He's the only "2nd round player" that I voted for that I'd trade my 2019 1st to obtain. Can't ask for a better combination of talent and opportunity from this class, imo.
Hes over hyped in the sense hes being valued as a top 12 WR, in my league, after 1 week of practices.

It is a little much. But, in the realm of dynasty I think it's justified. I have him in my league and I honestly wouldn't give him up for anybody right now (I have Saquon too). He just seems to have everything. My league has bonuses so you really get extra value out of the alpha dog kind of guys. He has some of the largest hands in this draft and if you compare his combine to OBJ they're about the same. He has the same swag as AB, KA, and OBJ. He's in prime position to be Trubisky's favorite target. Straight out of the gait as a rookie - that's hard to find.

League: NorCal Hoe Down
Team: JUGGERNUTS

-- QB: Cousins

-- WR: AJ Green, Funchess, Garcon, Meredith, Doctson, Lee, T. Williams, AM, Gallup, Enunwa, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mack Hollins, Chris Conley, Treadwell, J'mon Moore, Jordan Matthews (IR)

-- RB: Saquon, Carson, Breida, Clement, CJA, Rob Kelley, James Conner

-- TE: Kelce, Blake Jarwin

-- LB (IDP): Kwon Alexander, Anthony Hitchens, Rashaan Evans