Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:22 am

crisdecamposmd wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:20 am
Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am
skip wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:30 am

I don't think he's over-hyped. He's falling into the 2nd round this season in a class that overall is weak at the position. He's just as likely to be the best WR in this class as the handful going ahead of him. He's the only "2nd round player" that I voted for that I'd trade my 2019 1st to obtain. Can't ask for a better combination of talent and opportunity from this class, imo.
Hes over hyped in the sense hes being valued as a top 12 WR, in my league, after 1 week of practices.

It is a little much. But, in the realm of dynasty I think it's justified. I have him in my league and I honestly wouldn't give him up for anybody right now (I have Saquon too). He just seems to have everything. My league has bonuses so you really get extra value out of the alpha dog kind of guys. He has some of the largest hands in this draft and if you compare his combine to OBJ they're about the same. He has the same swag as AB, KA, and OBJ. He's in prime position to be Trubisky's favorite target. Straight out of the gait as a rookie - that's hard to find.

League: NorCal Hoe Down
Team: JUGGERNUTS

-- QB: Cousins

-- WR: AJ Green, Funchess, Garcon, Meredith, Doctson, Lee, T. Williams, AM, Gallup, Enunwa, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mack Hollins, Chris Conley, Treadwell, J'mon Moore, Jordan Matthews (IR)

-- RB: Saquon, Carson, Breida, Clement, CJA, Rob Kelley, James Conner

-- TE: Kelce, Blake Jarwin

-- LB (IDP): Kwon Alexander, Anthony Hitchens, Rashaan Evans
You are naming some of the best WR's of the last 10 years and your comparison is hand size. That's all they have in common. Miller may end up being AB, but the chance is astronomical. Listing swag for a WR is like saying a hooker is hot because she wears lipstick, seriously. I would also expect that roster to need an overhaul, no offense, but you should be trading AJG and Garcon ASAP.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:30 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 pm A few favorable quotes come out on a rookie (who will very soon be 24) getting the role absolutely expected of him and suddenly he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Better hope he hits in year 1 or you have a 25 who’s proven nothing. It also equates to a guy who ‘dominated’ college at an older age. It is a slippery slope. A few quotes have changed his perception, little else. I’d be cautious investing in those types of sudden risers.

With ARob, Miller, Burton, And Cohen all getting their prices raised, in an unproven offense banking on a first time HC and sophomore QB, this smells of people banking on a Rams like offensive jump, which I’d be pessimistic happens. Something likely has to give.

I’m fine buying, but not at these inflating prices.
Funny thing is I've been equating Miller with Kupp- an older player who hit immediately. Both perceived as slot primarily/only.

The age thing doesn't bother me as much because he can still be a valuable player even if he isn't consistently startable during year one. If that's still the case by the end of year three, that's when I'd be concerned.

I agree about the issue with all Bears players getting talked up as if they're part of some offensive explosion. The ones that worries me the most is Trubisky. He didn't even start more than one college season, then got over drafted in the NFL based purely on position/need and potential. He's the linchpin, and can take down everyone down with him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:49 am

Really nice write up! I think Miller has all the skills to be a nice WR in the league, but I believe ARob is easily the WR1 on that team. I’ll take the guy who was routinely tearing up the Jax dbs in practice and who posted a dominant season already despite horrid QB play.

People are sleeping on ARob and forget his value pre injury, this type of injury should change nothing and his situation has likely gotten better.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 am

As others have said - nice write up and a lot of effort went into this.

I like Miller but I do not think he is anything "special". I think he is currently being drafted right around where he should be to be honest.

Honestly - when you look at his age versus the age of others he was playing against in College, he should have been dominating them and it would be a MAJOR red flag if he did not. He is a mere 17th percentile for breakout age.

ARob is still going to be the #1 guy and I'm not sure what type of WRs Trubisky can support but we will see.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:47 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:23 pm Thank you for the thread! Regardless of anyone else’s opinion, you’ve got some well written content and you obviously did homework to be able to create this post.

I hope you’re right. I snagged him in 2 of my 3 leagues, and he is my WR1 of this class.
He was mine as well. I think he is the safest bet for a wr2 career path.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:36 am

There's really three different stages of NFL hype:

Training Camp (driven by beat writers, very erratic and inaccurate)
Preseason (the first real eye-test, limited sample size, 4/5ths speed)
Regular season (the real deal)

We are now in the first stage, and Anthony Miller has probably done better here than any other player. However, until I see him excelling in preseason, I am very much curbing my excitement. And even if he looks great in preseason action, we all know it won't mean nothing until the regular season comes around.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 am

Jaguars with Allen Robinson
3-13
5-11
3-13

Jaguars without Allen Robinson
10-6 and AFC runner up

Clearly he was the problem. Get ready to stink, Bears.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:42 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 am Jaguars with Allen Robinson
3-13
5-11
3-13

Jaguars without Allen Robinson
10-6 and AFC runner up

Clearly he was the problem. Get ready to stink, Bears.
This may actually be the dumbest correlation I’ve ever seen on these boards.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:47 am

Adam Jahns✔@adamjahns

I continue to be impressed by the separation #Bears rookie WR Anthony Miller gains with his route running -- and it comes against the defensive starters.

9:21 AM - Aug 5, 2018

Adam Jahns✔@adamjahns

Mitch Trubisky is responding. Just hit Anthony Miller for a long gain. Miller, again, had gained significant separation as Jackson and Kwiatkoski chased after him.

10:24 AM - Aug 5, 2018

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:58 am

thebeast wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:42 amThis may actually be the dumbest correlation I’ve ever seen on these boards.
Was really hoping that last line would tip off the sarcasm.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:18 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:58 am
thebeast wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:42 amThis may actually be the dumbest correlation I’ve ever seen on these boards.
I thought it was pretty obvious.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am

Didn’t translate for me. Lol, what made me think otherwise was that you looked up the Win Losses timeline. Lol, looks like my post is one of the dumberst.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

thebeast wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am
Didn’t translate for me. Lol, what made me think otherwise was that you looked up the Win Losses timeline. Lol, looks like my post is one of the dumberst.
Definitely the dumberst. :wink: :lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm
look at this moron, can't even spell dumbest

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm
look at this moron, can't even spell dumbest
You shouldn't talk. You couldn't even spell "dumist" right.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def