Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RocketDr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Anthony Miller advice

Postby RocketDr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:31 am

For the team in my sig, I feel I need better quality at RB, especially with the Shady situation. The only assets that I have, that anyone in my league would be interested in (that I am also currently willing to move) are: Alshon, Anthony Miller, Godwin and/or Allen Hurns. I simply do not know much about Miller and he is getting a lot of hype. Owner of Kerryon Johnson has expressed a lot of interest in Miller, and some in Godwin in the past. He paid quite a bit (can't remember exactly what right now) to trade up to 1.08 to get KJ. Should I stay put and wait till the season starts to see how things are going with Burkhead and Carson (and Miller), or should I try to make some sort of package deal for KJ using Miller and Godwin? I don't really see any other RB targets that I think I could work a deal for. Thx
2-years into dynasty with middle of the pack finish both times
12 team full ppr, .25 ppc, 1.5 TE ppr
Start: QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST, 2 Flex
QB: ARod, Newton, Lamar Jackson
RB: Hunt, Shady, Burkhead, Carson, T. Riddick, Corey Grant, Chase Edmonds, Jordan Wilkins,
WR: AB, Davante Adams, Alshon, Allen Hurns, Pryor, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller
TE: Delanie Walker, Austen Hooper, Rico Gathers
K: Jake Elliott
D: Jax

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Anthony Miller advice

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:40 am

I would be shocked if you could do that.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 am

i would probably keep miller with your team. i know it means that your working the wire for rb's, but i just think miller is the better option for that team.

you may be able to trade arod or cam for a rb if you want rb.

RocketDr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RocketDr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:40 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 am i would probably keep miller with your team. i know it means that your working the wire for rb's, but i just think miller is the better option for that team.

you may be able to trade arod or cam for a rb if you want rb.
Thx for the feedback.
2-years into dynasty with middle of the pack finish both times
12 team full ppr, .25 ppc, 1.5 TE ppr
Start: QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST, 2 Flex
QB: ARod, Newton, Lamar Jackson
RB: Hunt, Shady, Burkhead, Carson, T. Riddick, Corey Grant, Chase Edmonds, Jordan Wilkins,
WR: AB, Davante Adams, Alshon, Allen Hurns, Pryor, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller
TE: Delanie Walker, Austen Hooper, Rico Gathers
K: Jake Elliott
D: Jax

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 pm

if you want kj...offer him cam and godwin.....add a 3rd if need be.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:40 pm

I would probably avoid Miller if possible - does not seem like his focus is in football as the DLF writing staff has discovered with this "Anthony Miller staking a claim" article - his focus could be on becoming a Gold Miner, or perhaps the owner of a saloon.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/player-news?id=2251
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:23 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:40 pm I would probably avoid Miller if possible - does not seem like his focus is in football as the DLF writing staff has discovered with this "Anthony Miller staking a claim" article - his focus could be on becoming a Gold Miner, or perhaps the owner of a saloon.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/player-news?id=2251
:lol: spittoon polisher was last I heard
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I would be aiming a bit higher than Kerryon Johnson. 1.08 is pretty rich for him to begin with so you will have to overpay that owner.
However I would be shocked if Cam isn't worth a mid-1st even in a 1QB league.

Anyway I think I would be targeting undervalued guys like Lamar Miller and offer Anthony Miller straight up for him (or Godwin).
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:14 am

I love this sub for the discussions & opinions. The topics here have become stagnant for a few days/weeks, so I wanted to create something I thought might be fun for everyone. Feel free to argue below.

=====================================================================

Anthony Miller is Amazing

What makes a WR amazing in the long run? The best and most-successful WRs in the NFL have had similar traits; ability to run precise routes, quickness over speed, durability, and big hands to name a few. Today we need to look at Anthony Miller so I can help you discover the WR you need to own before it's too late.

Durability: This is the easiest one to talk about so let's start here. His injury history consists of two injuries total (LINK). He missed the entire 2014 season with a shoulder injury his freshman year. This happens to a lot of freshmen though. Freshmen aren't used often in games, yet can stay on the team if given an injury designation. If you search for this injury, there's nothing that can be found about it any shoulder injury, and Miller never references it, so it's highly likely that it was minor or even never happened. Second injury: He hurt his foot during his final game at Memphis, which caused him to miss the senior game and not participate in drills at the combine, and also hurt his pro day numbers ever-so-slightly. This put him under the radar even more than he was before.

Hands: If you have small hands, it's hard to catch the ball. If you have large hands, it's easier to catch the ball. Not rocket surgery. Not only are his hands huge (10"), but the guy makes one-handed catches all the time.

Catch 1: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/10 ... 8038153216
Catch 2: https://youtu.be/CVf_ptNBzyY?t=24s
Catch 3: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/916453145231986689
Catch 4: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... .image.jpg

Picture of Catch 2:

Who does this remind you of? OBJ has 10" hands, stands at 5'11", 200 pounds. Anthony Miller?
10" hands, stands at 5'11", 200 pounds.

Route Running: I'll just leave this part to a site dedicated to studying the metrics of potential NFL stars: ...... Miller’s 85.1 percent success rate vs. zone coverage cleared the 96th percentile among prospects charted over the last three classes. This was an important result given that we’re discussing a likely slot receiver. In the NFL, receivers who primarily line up on the outside see more attempts against man coverage, whereas slot receivers are left to pick through the holes and crevices of zones in the middle of the field. Miller testing out one of the best receivers at getting open against zone coverage is just what you want to see for a player with his projection. (LINK)

Route Tree Success (Green = Good, Red = Bad).

Quickness & Speed: "Memphis WR Anthony Miller (foot) ran the 40-yard dash in an unofficial 4.48 seconds while notching a vertical leap of 39 inches during Tuesday's pro day." It should be noted that Miller was still in his recovery stages when he ran the 40. Here's a recent tweet that shows the quickness he has in his feet: https://twitter.com/AnthonyMiller_3/sta ... 5873661952

Accomplishments:

High School (non-football):
--- The 2013 Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) Division II Class AA state 110m hurdles champion (14.44)
--- Undefeated in the 110m hurdles in 2013
--- TSSAA Division II Class AA state runner-up in the long jump (22-11.75)
--- Two-time regional 110m hurdles champion in 2012 and 2013

College:
--- Put together the best season by a receiver in school history (2016)
--- Set school season records for receptions (95), receiving yards (1,434), TD catches (14) and 100-yard receiving games (8)
--- 9th WR in FBS in receiving yards & receiving yards per game (9th) & TD catches (9th)
--- Set school’s single-game receptions record with 15 (169 yards/2 TD) win over No. 18 Houston
--- Caught 12 passes for a school single-game record 250 yards and two TD vs. Tulsa
--- NCAA Consensus All-American (2017)
--- First Team All-America honoree by AFCA, the Associated Press, ESPN, The Athletic's All-American and Phil Steele
--- Second Team All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Sports Illustrated and the Sporting News
--- Named a finalist for the Burlsworth Trophy and a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award
--- Holds career, single season and single game records in receiving yards, catches and receiving touchdowns
--- First team all-conference in 2017
--- Miller and Isaac Bruce are the only 2 Memphis 1,000 yard, single season receivers in school history

Article in The Players Tribune written by Anthony Miller to all of the NFL GMs. (LINK). The Bears traded up to take Anthony Miller 51st overall. The Bears have a running game that defenses have to plan for. That leaves the middle of the field wide open, which is where Miller excels.

ARob is an overrated scrub: Here's a quick 2 minute explanation by Rotoworld that explains my point of view pretty well, and why you shouldn't at all be worried about the presence of ARob in the lineup. In fact, this is a gift because most people are under-valuing Miller as a result of ARob's existence, when in fact it should be the other way around.

And last but not least, here is a link to a Vikings-Dedicated website that called Anthony Miller "The Biggest Steal In The Draft" (LINK).

Summary: Anthony Miller is a HARD worker. He was a walk-on at Memphis. He had to work non-stop to make the team and win a starting job. He set multiple school records, and placed near the top in all WR categories in the FBS. His frame, hand size, and route running is eerily similar to OBJ. He's made multiple one-handed catches with ease, so the dude can catch anything near him. He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL draft, but also the 2nd round of many Dynasty Rookie Drafts. His value is still extremely low, so this is your LAST SHOT at buying him low before the hype gets insane.

GO GET HIM!
GO GET HIM!
GO GET HIM!
GO GET HIM!

Argue below.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Bot101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 am

Hes already over hyped. His owner in my league believes hes already a WR 1.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby skip » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:30 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 am Hes already over hyped. His owner in my league believes hes already a WR 1.
I don't think he's over-hyped. He's falling into the 2nd round this season in a class that overall is weak at the position. He's just as likely to be the best WR in this class as the handful going ahead of him. He's the only "2nd round player" that I voted for that I'd trade my 2019 1st to obtain. Can't ask for a better combination of talent and opportunity from this class, imo.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 am

Think this class will surprise a lot of people. Think there’s 2 to 3 WR1s. Miller, Sutton, Moore all have it. Just got to put it together. Ridley should be a low WR2. And someone else will surprise us all.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:20 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 am Think this class will surprise a lot of people. Think there’s 2 to 3 WR1s. Miller, Sutton, Moore all have it. Just got to put it together. Ridley should be a low WR2. And someone else will surprise us all.
One thing you didn’t mention. Playerprofiler did a study of players to ever have 2 or more 1,000 yard seasons and almost every player had a Dominator Rating of 30% or higher. I think Doug Baldwin was the only outlier. They also showed that above all stats Dominator Rating, Draft Capital, and Speed Score were the stats that were commonalities of successful WRs. Miller has a very good DR (I think highest in the draft), obviously the Bears invested a 2nd Round pick in him, and his lower speed score can be explained away by his hurt foot.

So interesting stuff.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:16 am

The biggest steal of the draft comment means absolutely nothing at this point. That won't be know for years. The thing about Miller that concerns me is he will be 24 in October. He really didn't do all that much until he was 22. Not saying he can't be good, but he is an older prospect, and he needs to get going in the NFL sooner rather than later, so if he doesn't, his trade value immediately dips compared to a guy like Kirk. I'm also not sold on Trubisky, but apparently he's been checking down a lot in camp, so maybe that's a good thing for Miller.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am

skip wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:30 am
Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 am Hes already over hyped. His owner in my league believes hes already a WR 1.
I don't think he's over-hyped. He's falling into the 2nd round this season in a class that overall is weak at the position. He's just as likely to be the best WR in this class as the handful going ahead of him. He's the only "2nd round player" that I voted for that I'd trade my 2019 1st to obtain. Can't ask for a better combination of talent and opportunity from this class, imo.
Hes over hyped in the sense hes being valued as a top 12 WR, in my league, after 1 week of practices.