Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby AussieMate » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:48 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 am
Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am Damn, these last few comments are very high on Miller. Let me ask this question out of pure curiosity: who would you rather have in a straight-up trade, ARob or Miller? Either way, how big is the gap to you?

I easily have ARob > Miller and I'd say the gap is a late 1st... but I'm starting to feel like I'd be laughed at for that opinion.
If you go by trending target shares and current season stats, there’s no way ARob is worth that much more.
You would have to take into account Arob missing 2 games with injury and basically played as a decoy for the game before that with said injury. On the other hand Miller is a rookie so hopefully this is just the beginning of his ascent. I feel this offense will run more like the Rams with 2 viable low end wr1s both getting their own, Trub has been looking better and they are both the best receivers on the team.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby AussieMate » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:48 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 am
Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am Damn, these last few comments are very high on Miller. Let me ask this question out of pure curiosity: who would you rather have in a straight-up trade, ARob or Miller? Either way, how big is the gap to you?

I easily have ARob > Miller and I'd say the gap is a late 1st... but I'm starting to feel like I'd be laughed at for that opinion.
If you go by trending target shares and current season stats, there’s no way ARob is worth that much more.
You would have to take into account Arob missing 2 games with injury and basically played as a decoy for the game before that with said injury. On the other hand Miller is a rookie so hopefully this is just the beginning of his ascent. I feel this offense will run more like the Rams with 2 viable low end wr1s both getting their own, Trub has been looking better and they are both the best receivers on the team.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:28 am

A couple weeks ago I paid A Miller plus a 2nd for ARob and felt like I got a steal... I still like the ARob side better but I'm not feeling like I won that trade quite so unanimously
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

aaaaaaaack
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby aaaaaaaack » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:38 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am I easily have ARob > Miller and I'd say the gap is a late 1st... but I'm starting to feel like I'd be laughed at for that opinion.
As a Miller owner, if someone offered me ARob for Miller straight up, I wouldn't do it. That being said, If I had ARob and someone offered me Miller, I also wouldn't do it. It's a young offense intentionally designed to be unpredictable and to exploit mismatches to help a still growing QB. So any given week the most productive players on the team can and will shift around. I think it will take at least this full season, more likely into next season as well, to get a sense of who the WR to own in this offense will be.

What I do know for sure is that both Robinson and Miller are great dudes on and off the field who are really fun to watch and root for!
12 Team - .5 PPR, .5PPFD, SF
QBx1 RBx2 WRx3 SFx1 FLEXx1

QB: Mahomes, Herbert, Mayfield, Foles, Trubisky, Eason
RB: CMC, Jacobs, CEH, David Johnson, Mike Davis, Bell, Royce Freeman
WR: Adams, Godwin, Robinson, Allen, McLaurin, Cooks, Marquise Brown, Crowder
TE: Kittle, Logan Thomas, Hurst, Kmet

2.03, 3.07, 4.10, 5.10

2018 CHAMP, 2019 5th, 2020 3rd

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:19 pm

ARob is a polarizing player; many are convinced he's a one-year wonder, many are equally convinced otherwise. I'd rather see/hear input on Miller's current market value relative to other players or picks, since Robinson's is all over the map.

Ant was a rookie-draft late-1st / early-2nd dude by the beginning of August after climbing up from a late-2nd / early-3rd throughout the offseason. Has that rough valuation changed?
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:59 pm

I think Miller still deserves that late 1st ranking. Hes done just as much as pretty much any other rookie WR this year. The problem is there are a lot of good ones potentially.

I'd still rather have Moore and Ridley. After that it's a toss up. I'm not big on Sutton but I know most here prefer him to Miller. I wouldnt argue with anyone who would prefer MVS or Kirk to him either.

As far as rookies go he has been playing well. Needs to put together a few games consecutively to boost him up

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Going to be 25 early next season. Sure he’s been fine, but he’s still on a tight timeline. I certainly wouldn’t overpay. WR3 with an accelerated timeline. Amari Cooper is younger by only a few months for comparison...and has been in the league for years. Yes Miller is a rookie, but his clock is ticking at an accelerated rate. He better justify owners ASAP.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:55 am

I agree his owners should start sweating if Ant doesn't have a proper breakout in year two. I wanna see at least 800-900 yards next season.

By the by: I think Miller is a sneaky start this week against Mack Alexander's coverage. Worst graded starting CB in Minny. Robinson should get Rhodes, and on paper Trae Waynes matches up well with Gabriel. I'm looking to one or two of Burton, Miller, and Cohen to have a productive game through the air.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Many love ARob; Personally, I would rather own Miller. Just never been a big fan of ARob's route running ability or separation from better DB's. Not saying he is bad but his production is 12 points per game this season which isn't 1st round worthy. Robinson has had 1 1000 yard season and he is not on track to get there this his 5th season. He has also only had one 80 catch season and he won't get there either.

Won't laugh but I think your value of Arob is pretty far off. The Bears won't just throw it up to him like Blake did. A 53% career pass reception to to target ratio is not real good. It shows Separation concerns. His targets will drop IMO which will help his completion percentage some but if he is not open he won't get near the targets. Thinking he is 60-70 reception guy which is JAG these days.

By next year Miller will be the #1 WR on this team. More talent and a better route runner IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Chicago will be paying Robinson 15 mil next year unless they decide saving 8 mil is worth cutting him already. I doubt that will happen, ofc. Robinson has mostly disappointed so far as a Bear but it can be rationalized as a growing-pain of Trub's development. I'm pretty sure Chicago will want to see how Robinson does with a Year 3 Trubisky and Year 2 Nagy before deciding whether or not 15 million in '20 is worth it.

As such, I think the most Miller owners can plausibly hope for is a '19 ascension to a 1b status alongside Robinson's nominal 1a status.

I do think Gabriel's target-share is set to shrink next year. He hasn't been very effective in the way they're trying to use him, targeting Gabriel close to the line of scrimmage and asking him to get yards after catch. Both Miller and Cohen would be more effective with those targets.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Anthony Miller value?

Postby megager » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:50 am

Hi all.
What in terms of 2019 picks is Anthony Miller's value right now?

Is he a hold?

Thanks

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Anthony Miller value?

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 am

I'm not understanding this question. I searched the news because I thought maybe he got traded or in trouble or whatever. Nope.

A Miller was a rookie. He had 1 season. His arrow is pointing up. He's a hold.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:38 am

Sorry I posted in the wrong place. Apologies.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Judging from myself, his believers last year are still comfortably keeping the faith, so I say hold.

Reportedly, Miller first injured his shoulder last year in Week 3, and he just played with it all year. I won't lie -- his rookie year was disappointing for me, I expected more, but the shoulder thing helps explain it.

To his credit, he still lived up to his boasting regarding red-zone prowess.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:55 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 pm Judging from myself, his believers last year are still comfortably keeping the faith, so I say hold.

Reportedly, Miller first injured his shoulder last year in Week 3, and he just played with it all year. I won't lie -- his rookie year was disappointing for me, I expected more, but the shoulder thing helps explain it.

To his credit, he still lived up to his boasting regarding red-zone prowess.
I didn't know about the shoulder injury. That does explain some things.

I agree that he's a hold unless you can get a first round pick.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.