Luck - Still top 5?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Luck - Still top 5?

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:19 pm
mild wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:37 pm I'll play - we're playing Dynasty, and it's still all about that long term outlook. His whole situation reminds me of Drew Brees - potentially career ending injury, with the upside of being a top 3 QB in three years time, or out of the league if he blows up his arm again.

The buy low window has definitely passed, if that's what you're wondering. Probably more of a buy "semi low". He's not got the deep ball back yet, but he was always an elite decision maker so the short game will suit him fine, and if his arm can keep regaining strength then it appears he is out of the woods... I would buy if he could be had for a discount on the dollar. The upside is worth it.
Luck is not an elite decision maker, he is actually a poor decision maker which results in him turning the ball over far too frequently of the course of his career.
I absolutely agree with this, Luck is a poor decision maker...he decided to sign long term with the Colts! That proves his decision making ability...

On the football field, Luck is an absolute stud. Hope his shoulder fully recovers so we can see Luck winning football games in January.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 pm

...he had 60+ attempts and is on pace for 750.
The Colts are going to destroy him long term at this rate.

Luckily for his owners, volume has a direct correlation to fantasy points.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:47 pm

He really needs to start running again if he's ever going to get back to the elite QB range. That was really the difference maker for him. He's on pace to have just over half the number of rushing attempts as his previous career low.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:11 am

It wasn't Josh Gordon long, but the dude hasn't played in forever. I think we need to allow time for Luck and the Colts to sort things out, and (hopefully) get some balance.

The very encouraging things for me are that:
1. Luck's shoulder looks healthy
2. We saw some deeper throws
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:18 am

As a Colts fan that watches every play and has since he joined the league, some of these negative comments baffle me. The Colts probably have the worst roster in the NFL. Luck has 1 weapon at his disposal, TY Hilton. He has spent his entire career lifting and carrying the offense with his arm. Yes he is high on the turnover scale, but name a QB that is throwing as much as he is to WR's that can't run routes or catch passes doesn't also turn the ball over.

I am pissed at my Colts for failing year after year giving him protection. It cost us a full year of his prime and this year also looks lost.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 am

I wholeheartedly agree ^ Luck's problems aren't all "Luck's" problems.

It's the inability to protect and surround him with adequate NFL caliber talent.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 am

Top 5 is tough.

Rodgers
Mahomes

Then (in no particular order)

Wentz
Watson
Wilson
Luck
Cam

So definitely top 7 for me
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 am

His weapons suck, but his volume is through the roof. Hopefully TY is back soon, and hopefully they get him more help going forward. (Rishard Matthews???)

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:01 am You will anger the Luck lovers throwing that around.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I think Winston & Luck are incredibly similar quarterbacks in more ways than not.
I think this worth repeating. Luck = Winston. Tremendous recognition of talent...

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Luck easily > Winston

It is not even close. Luck only have 8 interceptions for all the season. Winston have 19 interceptions in just...... 4 games. The comparison is silly
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:45 am

Lol if youd trade Luck for Winston... all the guy does is put up junk time numbers. I usually wouldnt rely on it, but it happens all the time with that team. Imagine if he had some form of an offensive weapon. Winston has a plethora (including a couple of 6'5 giants) and still throws it to the defense

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 am

Moving on from Luck vs Winston back to Luck being top 5.

I have seen enough to say that Luck is not top 5. I wish he was, and I think he could be if they got him either a better line (1st choice) or better weapons (2nd choice).

I think top 5 are/will be Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Goff, Wentz.
Then Wilson (similar problems to Luck), Cam and Luck.

I think he's at the edge and there is little difference between 4/5 and 6/7...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 am

I agree with the above. Hes in that 4-8. I'd rather have him over Cam and Wilson still. Watson is a toss up. Goff is easily in that top tier if he sticks around in that offense

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Mahomes
ARod
Wentz
with Luck, Cam, Russ, Goff, and Watson
Watch Baker tho if he gets Riley as his coach imo

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm

JDogil12 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:22 pm Mahomes
ARod
Wentz
with Luck, Cam, Russ, Goff, and Watson
Watch Baker tho if he gets Riley as his coach imo
Remember when Baker was supposed to have an abundance of WR weapons?
Gordon gone, Coleman gone, Callaway has drop issues, Njoku defines drop issues, Landry has been underwhelming as he needs some coverage pulled off of him. Six months ago I was not thinking that they would need to heavily address Mayfield's targets this coming offseason. Now, I do.