No Win situation for Saquon?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: No Win situation for Saquon?

Postby skip » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 pm There's not another back who could've scored that TD against Jacksonville last week.
I can put together a list. You can't honestly believe this statement and accuse others of bias...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm

skip wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 pm There's not another back who could've scored that TD against Jacksonville last week.
I can put together a list. You can't honestly believe this statement and accuse others of bias...
The statement was a little hyperbolic, but not entirely inaccurate, obviously there are RBs capable of pulling off a run that long against that defense but not many and even fewer in the way he did it. He's going to have several runs like that this year and throughout his career.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm

People refuse to believe that Barkley is a lot more Reggie Bush than LaDanian Tomlinson.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm

CK_ wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm People refuse to believe that Barkley is a lot more Reggie Bush than LaDanian Tomlinson.
Heh.. that is how I have felt for a long time.
Given - Reggie Bush had more of a respectable career than people give him credit for but the expectations were just way too high..

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm
CK_ wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm People refuse to believe that Barkley is a lot more Reggie Bush than LaDanian Tomlinson.
Given - Reggie Bush had more of a respectable career than people give him credit for but the expectations were just way too high..
Injuries derailed Bush's career more than anything else. He always seemed to get dinged up and was playing at less than 100%. Plus, Bush also worked punts/kick returns for most of his career which sapped some of his energy. However, he did fairly well when he was able to stay healthy and no longer played on special teams. Does Saquon have a history of injuries I'm not aware of (serious question)? To my knowledge he played every game other than his freshman year when he missed 2. He seems to be able to withstand the rigors of the bell-cow lifestyle.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Mefisto wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm
Injuries derailed Bush's career more than anything else. He always seemed to get dinged up and was playing at less than 100%. Plus, Bush also worked punts/kick returns for most of his career which sapped some of his energy. However, he did fairly well when he was able to stay healthy and no longer played on special teams. Does Saquon have a history of injuries I'm not aware of (serious question)? To my knowledge he played every game other than his freshman year when he missed 2. He seems to be able to withstand the rigors of the bell-cow lifestyle.
He's able to stay healthy more so than other RBs because of his running style. I keep hearing people say how he needs to stick his nose in the dirt and get those ugly yards but that's what leads to increased injury risk. I'd rather see him continue to run how he did in college and evade tackles instead of lowering his shoulder like Fournette to try and run over tackles.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Go for it

alex33
Starter
Starter

Postby alex33 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:48 pm
Go for it
lol I would like to see that list also, all I can think of is Gurley, Zeek, Kamara, maybe Hunt, Mixon, Bell when he is playing lol
starting requirements- 1QB, 2RB, RB/WR, 3WR, WR/TE, TE
10 team league, PPR, 1 point for every 10 completions
QB- Newton, Freeman,
RB- Foster,Mccoy , Doug Martin and David Wilson
WR- AJ Green, Calvin Johnson ,Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Denarius Moore
Te Ed Dickson
team 2
2 ppr, ten teams
starting lineup requirements
roster Requirements 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM
Totals 20: 11 Starters, 9 Bench, +4 IR
QBs Colin Kaepernick,Michael Vick,Josh Freeman
rbs Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, LaMichael James,Ronnie Hillman
wrs, Calvin Johnson,Michael Crabtree ,Kendall Wright,Malcom Floyd,Vincent Jackson
TE Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph
Defense Houston Texans

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:37 pm

I think prime McCoy or Charles had the agility to pull that off, but I don't think there's anyone currently who could.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:39 pm

alex33 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Go for it
lol I would like to see that list also, all I can think of is Gurley, Zeek, Kamara, maybe Hunt, Mixon, Bell when he is playing lol
At least those 6...ninja thinks there are zero. Which is exactly the point. Do there even need to list more?
Barkley's fans believe him to have no faults, absolutely elite, and you can't think otherwise. Reality is there are several backs in the league who can make that same play happen.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm

skip wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:39 pm
alex33 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Go for it
At least those 6...ninja thinks there are zero. Which is exactly the point. Do there even need to list more?
Barkley's fans believe him to have no faults, absolutely elite, and you can't think otherwise. Reality is there are several backs in the league who can make that same play happen.
I don't think any of them can. Bell has the agility, but I don't think he would've had the breakaway speed to outrun the defenders on the sideline.

I do not think Barkley is good because I am a fan. I am a fan because I think he is good. His college tape convinced me that he is the real deal, so I decided to target him this offseason. Never suggested he has no faults. He needs to do a little more north-south running, but come on. The guy is special. Once the NYG offense (or at least the line) improves a little, he could easily be a perennial top 3 back.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:07 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm
Phaded wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Careful skip, you will upset the "flawless prospect" group.
Love this, dude has sucked so far, people overpaid for him and are gonna justify it all season with the PPR logic. Just ask them if they would pay that amount for Cmac who is another back that is a PPR beast. Hope it continues all season and people are eating crow.
There's not another back who could've scored that TD against Jacksonville last week. You're letting some sort of bias influence you if you think he's "sucked."

Saquon is not elite between the tackles, but he's elite in space and at making people miss. He does not suck.
Keywords SO FAR, I’m not saying he sucks in general but he has def sucked to begin his career. And I’m biased because everyone on here was just so ridiculous about him all offseason when the guy hadn’t played an NFL snap yet. It was extremely annoying. Rookies who performed last year should have been ranked ahead of him easily.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:13 pm

I got blasted here for saying that Barkley's college tape looked a lot like Bush's. Barkley is a lot bigger but he didn't really use it much in college, which is why he disappeared at times in games that he shouldn't have. His big runs were typically runs where he got through a clean hole early and then outraced everyone to the sideline, similar to Bush. Even statistically, his yards created per rush (which is meant to try and take O-line play out of it) was all-world running outside but was below average between the tackles.

Regardless, I've actually been impressed with him so far in the NFL personally. He looks far better to me already than Bush ever did in the pros.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:37 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm
Man, I got crushed in either the team advice or player debates in the off-season for digging my heels in and opposing the notion Saquan was worth Kamara and a first.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am

I think he is more Barry Sanders than LT or Bush. That is what has you confused, you don’t understand his true comparison. He will take a lot of negative yards, but will rip off a lot of monster runs as well.