2018 Training Camp Superstars

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2018 Training Camp Superstars

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:02 pm

dawgs4life wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:49 pm Matt Brieda is looking like the best RB on the roster.
Beat writers in SF are saying the same for Joe Williams. Explosive. Play8ng without hesitation meaning he is getting comfortable. Think there is a 2x time share with both Bredia and Williams if McKinnon get hurt, which is a strong possibility with his track record.
[/quote]

:lol: Meanwhile McKinnon has ripped off 70 yard TD runs and is excelling is pass catching. I don't even love any of these guys, have 1 McKinnon share, but this is why the off-season cracks me up. Breida. Man, people will do anything for attention, and this happens. You need something contrarian right now to be noticed. As Denzel said, "it's more important to be first than to be right." That's the way media works these days.

McKinnon is not a workhorse, but I expect Williams to be out there on early downs over Breida. Nobody is going to take McKinnon's 3rd down role on that roster. McKinnon is by far the best 3rd down back on that roster and it's not remotely close.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm

tombonneau wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm Adding what I don't think I've seen mentioned ...

* Mike Williams has been looking like a top 10 pick in LA.

* Dorsett making plays in NE and opportunity is there. Could be September hero

* Kittle living up to the hype so far

Interesting. Where did you see this? I havent heard a peep about Williams since camp started.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 am

Jeremy Kerley has been lighting it up with the ones . If you are looking for a free stash in ppr leagues
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

tombonneau
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tombonneau » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm
tombonneau wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm Adding what I don't think I've seen mentioned ...

Interesting. Where did you see this? I havent heard a peep about Williams since camp started.
His buzz has been loud and consistent. From earlier this week:

https://www.chargers.com/news/practice- ... rgers-camp
WHO IMPRESSED:

Ricky Henne’s Take:

Have a day, Mike Williams! The wide receiver showed exactly why he was the seventh-overall selection in last year’s draft with a bevvy of highlight reel catches. Williams has gotten better each day, but Tuesday was far and away his most solid. Whether it was his full-extension snare over the middle with a man in place to lay him out or a 45-yard bomb down field, the wideout is quickly gaining Philip Rivers’ trust. On defense, undrafted free agent Patrick Afriyie had a pair of back-to-back plays that caught my eye. The 6-2, 240-pound defensive end shed the tackle with ease for a big-time tackle for loss, and then on the next play came around the edge for a sack.

Hayley Elwood’s Take:

Head Coach Anthony Lynn said it in his post-practice presser, but Mike Williams had his best day of camp on Tuesday. Frankly, his performance over the last two days in pads has shown why the Chargers took him with the seventh-overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. He’s making and completing contested catches while playing more physical, aggressive and even a little more cerebral. While what he’s doing in camp is great, what he does on Sundays will be infinitely more important. Still, his performance has been a welcome sight to see thus far.

Chris Hayre’s Take:

After catching a 40-plus yard reception from Philip Rivers on Monday, Mike Williams had his best practice of camp on Tuesday according to Head Coach Anthony Lynn. There was a specific sequence early in which the second-year receiver was hit over the middle and still managed to hold onto the football. It showed toughness, and it was a play that Lynn said “may have woke him up because after that, he had a hell of a practice.” Williams is gaining confidence and is back to making the types of plays he routinely made as an All-American at Clemson.
Chargers Twitter posted some serious highlight catches as well.

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:44 am

Lindsay hype:

104.3 The FAN@1043TheFan

“He has gone, in four days, from an interesting local story … to this guy could be the starter for the Broncos at running back, not just a satellite back.” – @CecilLammey

READ MORE: http://ow.ly/gwwK30leSFF

10:58 AM - Aug 2, 2018

Cecil Lammey✔@CecilLammey

This is a talented backfield the #Broncos have assembled ....and rookie Phillip Lindsay clearly belongs.

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/ ... 1628920833

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:08 am

WR Jake Kumerow is running with GB 1s.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:05 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:17 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:24 am Shame ,Shame on you Orenthal Shames :snooty:

"People love Cohen and Scott is bigger with better speed & agility and freak level physical strength. Love the player in this landing spot. "

Slightly bigger, speed about a draw but quickness is Cohen by quite a bit, strength is Boston's hands down but neither is big enough to consistently move a pile or run over / through a LB or strong safety.

Now it takes some real mental gymnastics ( I guess you could call it cerebral agility ) to claim Scott has better agility :doh:

Obviously you're heavily invested the Saints rookie as a Kamara owner and buying B.S. hype to get playing time while Ingram is out. Johnny Canuck pretty much nailed it. Not expecting much if any results out Scott , surely not anywhere near Cohen's whom he's been compared to.

Maybe I'm in theTarik nut huggers club but I expect fantasy relevant results from the diminutive Bear RB . As for the Boston's Tea baggers party I wouldn't go too overboard in acquiring Scott.
Cohen tested at 5'6 179, Scott 5'7 195.
20 lbs is a bit more than slightly bigger. According to Playerprofiler, Scott has better speed and burst scores and a 97th percentile agility score. Cohen didn't register an agility score, so I'll give you that. But with equal 40 times; better size; strength; speed and burst scores and an elite agility score, it's far from mental gymnastics.

I'm not saying go crazy and spend a 2nd or something on Scott, nor am I saying I'd even value them currently anywhere near one another. Pre-OTAs, Scott was essentially free. I spent a 4th in a 16 team rookie draft. In most leagues, Cohen is anything but cheap.
Cohen's up to 190 lbs , like Dalvin you have to watch his game tape to see that it doesn't matter what his test scores were. They both are much better in game situations. Scott isn't on Tarik's level in space.

Agree with your assessment that for where you could get him Scott is worth a shot, especially if you have Kamara. We took Cohen in May last year before the rookie camp as an UDFA in our league. Paid decent amount to assure we'd get him w/o any Jordan. So it was basically the same price then. Hope for your sake B.S. turns out as well but I don't see the opportunity for him that was there for Cohen. That's why we passed on him and went with Trenton Cannon instead. Jets seem intent on moving on from Bilal and no one has the "jets" on their roster @ RB like Cannon. Don't think either Scott or Cannon are close to Tarik as a receiver though.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:05 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:17 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:24 am Shame ,Shame on you Orenthal Shames :snooty:

"People love Cohen and Scott is bigger with better speed & agility and freak level physical strength. Love the player in this landing spot. "

Slightly bigger, speed about a draw but quickness is Cohen by quite a bit, strength is Boston's hands down but neither is big enough to consistently move a pile or run over / through a LB or strong safety.

Now it takes some real mental gymnastics ( I guess you could call it cerebral agility ) to claim Scott has better agility :doh:

Obviously you're heavily invested the Saints rookie as a Kamara owner and buying B.S. hype to get playing time while Ingram is out. Johnny Canuck pretty much nailed it. Not expecting much if any results out Scott , surely not anywhere near Cohen's whom he's been compared to.

Maybe I'm in theTarik nut huggers club but I expect fantasy relevant results from the diminutive Bear RB . As for the Boston's Tea baggers party I wouldn't go too overboard in acquiring Scott.
Cohen tested at 5'6 179, Scott 5'7 195.
20 lbs is a bit more than slightly bigger. According to Playerprofiler, Scott has better speed and burst scores and a 97th percentile agility score. Cohen didn't register an agility score, so I'll give you that. But with equal 40 times; better size; strength; speed and burst scores and an elite agility score, it's far from mental gymnastics.

I'm not saying go crazy and spend a 2nd or something on Scott, nor am I saying I'd even value them currently anywhere near one another. Pre-OTAs, Scott was essentially free. I spent a 4th in a 16 team rookie draft. In most leagues, Cohen is anything but cheap.
Cohen's up to 190 lbs , like Dalvin you have to watch his game tape to see that it doesn't matter what his test scores were. They both are much better in game situations. Scott isn't on Tarik's level in space.

Agree with your assessment that for where you could get him Scott is worth a shot, especially if you have Kamara. We took Cohen in May last year before the rookie camp as an UDFA in our league. Paid decent amount to assure we'd get him w/o any Jordan. So it was basically the same price then. Hope for your sake B.S. turns out as well but I don't see the opportunity for him that was there for Cohen. That's why we passed on him and went with Trenton Cannon instead. Jets seem intent on moving on from Bilal and no one has the "jets" on their roster @ RB like Cannon. Don't think either Scott or Cannon are close to Tarik as a receiver though.
That 20 lbs is all in the penis. https://imgur.com/a/yDlXElI
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm
tombonneau wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm Adding what I don't think I've seen mentioned ... It

He's overstating it.

The deal on Williams so far is that he's flashing in 1v1 drills, but mostly struggling in 11 on 11.

Most of the clips on Twitter I've seen are from 1v1.

I don't know what to make of that, but the point is, Mike Williams' camp is a mixed bag so far.

Edit: I will say that this reminds me of Braxton Miller, who ever since his Senior Bowl practices has excelled in 1v1 reps, but tends to disappear in 11 on 11.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm
And the risky click of the day goes to this guy

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:55 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:02 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm
And the risky click of the day goes to this guy
Don't act like you're not impressed
- Ron Burgundy
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Honey Badgers
Captain
Captain

Postby Honey Badgers » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Treadwell is continuing to impress in vikings camp...
Dynasty League 12 Team .5 PPR
20 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Wilson
Gordon, CMC Freeman, Ekeler, J. Williams
OBJ, Nuk, K. Allen, Golladay, Fitz Funchess, Cobb, Isabella, McLaurin, Cain
Kelce McDonald, Doyle, Waller

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR

2019 Champion
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Rivers, Big Ben
Zeke, Cook, Connor, A. Jones D. Williams, Ballage, M. Brown
Nuk, M. Thomas, AJG, Alshon A-Rob, Sammy, Crowder, Gallup
Njoku Henry, Hooper, Waller
20 picks-2 1sts, 2 2nds

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start, QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, 1 Superflex, Def
Rodgers, Cam Wilson
Miller, AP A. Jones, Gore, McGuire
Evans, OBJ, A-Rob, Boyd, Sutton Crowder, Sanu, Sutton, Grant, Kearse, C0Patt
Burton Butt, Uzomah
Jacksonville

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Michael Gallup is looking strong in Cowboys camp so far too.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 pm

zeeshan2 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:44 am Lindsay hype:

104.3 The FAN@1043TheFan

“He has gone, in four days, from an interesting local story … to this guy could be the starter for the Broncos at running back, not just a satellite back.” – @CecilLammey

READ MORE: http://ow.ly/gwwK30leSFF

10:58 AM - Aug 2, 2018

Cecil Lammey✔@CecilLammey

This is a talented backfield the #Broncos have assembled ....and rookie Phillip Lindsay clearly belongs.

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/ ... 1628920833
Is there ever going to be a camp where a late round rookie RB isn't getting hyped in Denver? I swear this happens every year.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Kerryon Johnson is pleasing the coaching staff in practically every area; rushing, receiving, pass-protection.

Still every indication there's gonna be a 3-man committee, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE