2018 Training Camp Superstars

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: 2018 Training Camp Superstars

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Mack is seeing most of the 1st team looks, as he should.
And this is untrue. I told you. They're all mixing in. Mack has been with the 2nd team plenty, while Wilkins/Turbin/Michael was taking a turn.

About the only consistent trend so far on the chart is that Hines is getting reps everywhere as a gadget.

You know how Reich handled the Philly backfield last year? That's happening in Indy. It was a carousel, and that was even with Sproles out for the year. If Reich had him available, there would've been a four-man rotation of Blount-Ajayi-Sproles-Clement. It is very plausible Reich does exactly that this year with Mack-Turbin/Michael-Wilkins-Hines.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:09 pm
Mack is seeing most of the 1st team looks, as he should.
And this is untrue. I told you. They're all mixing in. Mack has been with the 2nd team plenty, while Wilkins/Turbin/Michael was taking a turn.

About the only consistent trend so far on the chart is that Hines is getting reps everywhere as a gadget.
He's getting the first looks, anyway, that's what I meant. Everybody i've heard in the Indy area I've listened to sees Mack as the top back, but I'm not invested, so I don't really care, I just happen to agree with the assessment that he will get the most touches, barring injury.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:55 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 pm -
- Jordan Wilkins drew attention with his play when the pads came on for the first time, now reportedly he's in the mix for the 1st-team.

- Deon Cain is impressing every practice, reportedly. He's not ahead of Ryan Grant and Chester Rogers on the chart yet, but if it keeps up...

- J'Mon Moore taking an early lead for the competition to be Green Bay's 3rd WR.

I’ve heard and read a lot about these three players and I have waivers going through on Wednesday night in several leagues and Cain and Moore are available in most of them. I’ve got Moore on two teams already and very intrigued by Deon Cain and Wilkins too, that WR group and RB group isn’t overly impressive to me, other than Hilton of course. I can’t wait to see if these players carry it over to the preseason.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:24 am

Shame ,Shame on you Orenthal Shames :snooty:

"People love Cohen and Scott is bigger with better speed & agility and freak level physical strength. Love the player in this landing spot. "

Slightly bigger, speed about a draw but quickness is Cohen by quite a bit, strength is Boston's hands down but neither is big enough to consistently move a pile or run over / through a LB or strong safety.

Now it takes some real mental gymnastics ( I guess you could call it cerebral agility ) to claim Scott has better agility :doh:

Obviously you're heavily invested the Saints rookie as a Kamara owner and buying B.S. hype to get playing time while Ingram is out. Johnny Canuck pretty much nailed it. Not expecting much if any results out Scott , surely not anywhere near Cohen's whom he's been compared to.

Maybe I'm in theTarik nut huggers club but I expect fantasy relevant results from the diminutive Bear RB . As for the Boston's Tea baggers party I wouldn't go too overboard in acquiring Scott.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:37 am

Tweets about Goedert have been all positive, all saying he's been dominating practice.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 am

Dorsett and CPatt have apparently looked good so far. Dorsett getting work out of the slot, possible Edelman replacement for the first four games?

NE WR depth is pretty thin...
WR1: Hogan
WR2: Edelman (suspended 4 games)
WR3: JMatt (cut from the team this morning)
WR4/5: Britt (injured and possibly washed)
WR4/5: Dorsett
WR6: Mitchell (recovering from injury and rumors about him being shopped).
WR7: Berrios (just haven't heard anything)

Dorsett does fit the Brandin Cooks mold...in fact Cooks is his best comparable via playerprofiler https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/phillip-dorsett/

Is it possible he fills the Edelman role, then once Edelman is back, jumps into a poor mans Cooks role opposite Hogan?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 am Dorsett and CPatt have apparently looked good so far. Dorsett getting work out of the slot, possible Edelman replacement for the first four games?

NE WR depth is pretty thin...
WR1: Hogan
WR2: Edelman (suspended 4 games)
WR3: JMatt (cut from the team this morning)
WR4/5: Britt (injured and possibly washed)
WR4/5: Dorsett
WR6: Mitchell (recovering from injury and rumors about him being shopped).
WR7: Berrios (just haven't heard anything)

Dorsett does fit the Brandin Cooks mold...in fact Cooks is his best comparable via playerprofiler https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/phillip-dorsett/

Is it possible he fills the Edelman role, then once Edelman is back, jumps into a poor mans Cooks role opposite Hogan?
I know to most this comment will create hilarity, but I think it’s a mistake to leave Patterson off that depth chart

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 am

TY Hilton looking fantastic. Folk are gonna regret writing him off, myself included (traded a share for sub-optimal value in season).

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am I know to most this comment will create hilarity, but I think it’s a mistake to leave Patterson off that depth chart
Nope you're right that was just a simple mistake. I'd prob slide him in right behind Dorsett, giving Dorsett the edge due to time in the system.

Interesting read after the JMatt release...https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/7/24/17 ... ndin-cooks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:42 am

Marcel Ateman getting the attention of Gruden, says he's making plays everyday. Maybe he can crack the 53, who knows.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

tombonneau
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tombonneau » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Adding what I don't think I've seen mentioned ...

* Mike Williams has been looking like a top 10 pick in LA.

* Dorsett making plays in NE and opportunity is there. Could be September hero

* Kittle living up to the hype so far

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 pm

J'Mon Moore is beginning to separate himself from the other WRs drafted with him. Could be the WR3 or even WR2.

Matt Brieda is looking like the best RB on the roster.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:49 pm

Matt Brieda is looking like the best RB on the roster.
[/quote]

Beat writers in SF are saying the same for Joe Williams. Explosive. Play8ng without hesitation meaning he is getting comfortable. Think there is a 2x time share with both Bredia and Williams if McKinnon get hurt, which is a strong possibility with his track record.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:17 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:24 am Shame ,Shame on you Orenthal Shames :snooty:

"People love Cohen and Scott is bigger with better speed & agility and freak level physical strength. Love the player in this landing spot. "

Slightly bigger, speed about a draw but quickness is Cohen by quite a bit, strength is Boston's hands down but neither is big enough to consistently move a pile or run over / through a LB or strong safety.

Now it takes some real mental gymnastics ( I guess you could call it cerebral agility ) to claim Scott has better agility :doh:

Obviously you're heavily invested the Saints rookie as a Kamara owner and buying B.S. hype to get playing time while Ingram is out. Johnny Canuck pretty much nailed it. Not expecting much if any results out Scott , surely not anywhere near Cohen's whom he's been compared to.

Maybe I'm in theTarik nut huggers club but I expect fantasy relevant results from the diminutive Bear RB . As for the Boston's Tea baggers party I wouldn't go too overboard in acquiring Scott.
Cohen tested at 5'6 179, Scott 5'7 195.
20 lbs is a bit more than slightly bigger. According to Playerprofiler, Scott has better speed and burst scores and a 97th percentile agility score. Cohen didn't register an agility score, so I'll give you that. But with equal 40 times; better size; strength; speed and burst scores and an elite agility score, it's far from mental gymnastics.

I'm not saying go crazy and spend a 2nd or something on Scott, nor am I saying I'd even value them currently anywhere near one another. Pre-OTAs, Scott was essentially free. I spent a 4th in a 16 team rookie draft. In most leagues, Cohen is anything but cheap.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Jjipp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jjipp » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Trenton Cannon possibly filling in now that Elijah McGuire is gone?

Anybody taking any fliers on Justin Watson, or is he too buried on the depth chart to have any chance?
Casterly Rock Hard
14 team, 0.5 PPR, 30-man

QB - P. Mahomes, J. Garoppolo
RB - L. Fournette, D. Cook, M. Breida, R. Freeman, Justice Hill, Dex. Williams, R. Burkhead
WR - K. Allen, S. Diggs, C. Davis, C. Kirk, Ty. Williams, Taywan Taylor, J'M Moore, A. Callaway, D. Cain, M. Boykin, B. Berrios, D. Bryant,
TE - E. Engram, V. McDonald, A. Seferian-Jenkins, G. Everett, A. Shaheen