2018 Training Camp Superstars

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Re: 2018 Training Camp Superstars

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:11 am

Jacob Hollister is getting a lot of love from the Patriots beat writers - and even BB himself by all accounts.

He's more of a WR frame than traditional TE... but Patriots like to play 12 personnel sets, so maybe he has a chance, especially with Gronk's future up in the air after this year
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:44 pm

DJ Chark is beating Ramsey.... they have lots of praise for the rookie.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm

One that cracked me up was, Tannenhill to Amendola until he gets him killed, keeps throwing hospital balls to him ..

Hearing that Anthony Miller is looking like the real deal, read the same news about Phillip Lindsay, also the buzz about Akrum Wadley ..

Alex Smith seems to have chemistry with everybody, every day they list another receiving option .. PRich, Doctson, Crowder, Quinn, Sprinkle ..

Flacco finding "smoke" ..

Heard the same buzz on Boston Scott ..

Heard Sony Michel was taking laps for fumbling .. now missing in camp o.O :P

Hogan leads all WRs in targets in camp ..

Beat reporters are finding it funny to watching SF CBs (including Sherman) try to cover Goodwin's speed ..

Early so far in camp, D Lewis and Henry split evenly 50/50 for carries ..

Gesicki absolutely getting smoked in blocking drills .. Burke keeps blitzing guys on him, thinks its funny .. no one can block TJ McDonald

Heard the same love for D Cain, so far out performing Fountain .. one quote that he is looking like the best player in camp ..
(Also read that under Reich that we should expect an increase in TE usage, ala Ertz, Burton)

CB Kirkpatrick keeps getting beat by double moves in camp ..

Mahomes up and down in camp ..

LB B Marshall was quoted saying Lindsay "is going to be the 3rd down back."

Case Keenum finding Manny a lot .. DEN is using Hamilton 20 to 20, Sutton in the RZ ..

Ian Thomas looking good in camp ..

Gruden giving the nod to Doctson in the RZ ..

Dupre getting 1st team reps for BUF .. Kelvin seen lining up some in the slot ..

BAL installing some RPO's in camp .. Chris Moore continues to stand out in camp (he did last year too, some are wondering if this year it will translate to games)

Trubisky is checking down A LOT in camp .. (Alex Smith disease) ..

Rodgers and Graham have an instant connection ..

McCown compares Enunwa to Anquan Boldin ..

Kerryon getting the goal line work in DET ..

Crowell getting pass RB reps ..

Etta-Tawo getting some love in camp for the Giants ..

Also heard Gruden about Ateman, and Dylan Cantrell is catching EVERYTHING in camp .. :P
@PlankMelody

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Some of these belong in the "turds" thread. Please move them immediately.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Guard TJ Lang says Ameer Abdullah has been the best back in camp thus far.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Riley McCarron is getting some pub in patriots camp, and had a nice athletic profile com8ng out from Iowa. While everyone is looking for the Edelman replacement he might have a lattice bit of value.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:31 am

Has anyone noticed nobody has mentioned Barkley recently? Just saying, usually the top back would be garnering more attention, but I read more about his dart capital, and quads at a baseball game than what he's done in camp. ( Whispery voice )"Buuuuuuuuuuust." LOL. Seems eery, though. In a time when the non contact stuff reigns supreme, that we would not be hearing more about the silky moves of Saquon.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:41 am

FYI for those of you with rookie drafts upcoming you might want to consider Courtland Sutton at number two. Aparantly he’s been the best wr at camp and that’s saying something drawing comparisons to aj green and deandre Hopkins. Here are some quotes from the broncos beat writers. Also something interesting. They put gps trackers in the shoulder pads of all the players and apparently Sutton was the fastest wr on the team

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bronco ... 20385422_4

SLIDE
4 of 12
SUTTON'S PLAY OF THE DAY

This man is simply unstoppable. I'm running out of superlatives to describe the Broncos' second-round rookie. Just a phenomenal talent, continually torching an elite secondary.

Courtland Sutton does it again:
Again, I try not to repeat storylines multiple days in a row but the rookie wide receiver Courtland Sutton is the biggest story at Broncos camp right now. Today he caught a bomb from quarterback Case Keenum despite fellow rookie cornerback Isaac Yiadom draped all over him desperately trying to slow down the behemoth. After that play, Sutton then hauls in a pass with Chris Harris Jr. in coverage. Even Bradley Roby was getting frustrated by Sutton’s dominance and got a little physical with him which didn’t well with the Broncos coaches.

It is just more of the same for Sutton who is earning rave reviews from Broncos coaches and players. Head Coach Vance Joseph called Sutton a quarterback’s best friend after practice today.Veteran wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was asked if Courtland Sutton reminds him of a younger version of himself and DT said no and that Sutton is his own player. He also noted Sutton’s route running ability as a strength of his which is great to hear.

Thumbs up

WR Courtland Sutton. Who else, right? To start QB Case Keenum’s second team segment, Sutton was covered closely by CB Brendan Langley, but made the acrobatic catch for a long touchdown. The Broncos’ offensive line ran the 40-plus yards to the end zone to help Sutton celebrate.
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:31 am Has anyone noticed nobody has mentioned Barkley recently? Just saying, usually the top back would be garnering more attention, but I read more about his dart capital, and quads at a baseball game than what he's done in camp. ( Whispery voice )"Buuuuuuuuuuust." LOL. Seems eery, though. In a time when the non contact stuff reigns supreme, that we would not be hearing more about the silky moves of Saquon.
Last I read was a few days ago, Barkley was unstoppable on wheel routes.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 am

No reports because reports can't see him. Too fast.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:05 am

C_n_red_again wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:41 am FYI for those of you with rookie drafts upcoming you might want to consider Courtland Sutton at number two. Aparantly he’s been the best wr at camp and that’s saying something drawing comparisons to aj green and deandre Hopkins. Here are some quotes from the broncos beat writers. Also something interesting. They put gps trackers in the shoulder pads of all the players and apparently Sutton was the fastest wr on the team

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bronco ... 20385422_4

SLIDE
4 of 12
SUTTON'S PLAY OF THE DAY

This man is simply unstoppable. I'm running out of superlatives to describe the Broncos' second-round rookie. Just a phenomenal talent, continually torching an elite secondary.

Courtland Sutton does it again:
Again, I try not to repeat storylines multiple days in a row but the rookie wide receiver Courtland Sutton is the biggest story at Broncos camp right now. Today he caught a bomb from quarterback Case Keenum despite fellow rookie cornerback Isaac Yiadom draped all over him desperately trying to slow down the behemoth. After that play, Sutton then hauls in a pass with Chris Harris Jr. in coverage. Even Bradley Roby was getting frustrated by Sutton’s dominance and got a little physical with him which didn’t well with the Broncos coaches.

It is just more of the same for Sutton who is earning rave reviews from Broncos coaches and players. Head Coach Vance Joseph called Sutton a quarterback’s best friend after practice today.Veteran wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was asked if Courtland Sutton reminds him of a younger version of himself and DT said no and that Sutton is his own player. He also noted Sutton’s route running ability as a strength of his which is great to hear.

Thumbs up

WR Courtland Sutton. Who else, right? To start QB Case Keenum’s second team segment, Sutton was covered closely by CB Brendan Langley, but made the acrobatic catch for a long touchdown. The Broncos’ offensive line ran the 40-plus yards to the end zone to help Sutton celebrate.
I am amazed it took this long for Sutton to be mentioned. For some reason the fantasy community has developed a collective blindspot to Sutton. He has been destroying camp and I have little doubt a year or two from now there will be threads about how on earth he was missed by so many in the draft. He has always been my 1.02 this year by a wide margin.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:08 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:31 am Has anyone noticed nobody has mentioned Barkley recently? Just saying, usually the top back would be garnering more attention, but I read more about his dart capital, and quads at a baseball game than what he's done in camp. ( Whispery voice )"Buuuuuuuuuuust." LOL. Seems eery, though. In a time when the non contact stuff reigns supreme, that we would not be hearing more about the silky moves of Saquon.
Yea I heard they eve. Have him lining up as WR sometimes and he's burning DBs for long scores.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:20 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:08 am
Bot101 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 am
Yea I heard they eve. Have him lining up as WR sometimes and he's burning DBs for long scores.
Yeah I just did a google search. One of the first things I read was he torched Janoris Jenkins. And hes routinely dusted Olivier Vernon.

tombonneau
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tombonneau » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:59 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm
tombonneau wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm Adding what I don't think I've seen mentioned ... It

* Mike Williams has been looking like a top 10 pick in LA.

* Dorsett making plays in NE and opportunity is there. Could be September hero

* Kittle living up to the hype so far

Interesting. Where did you see this? I havent heard a peep about Williams since camp started.
He's overstating it.

The deal on Williams so far is that he's flashing in 1v1 drills, but mostly struggling in 11 on 11.

Most of the clips on Twitter I've seen are from 1v1.

I don't know what to make of that, but the point is, Mike Williams' camp is a mixed bag so far.

Edit: I will say that this reminds me of Braxton Miller, who ever since his Senior Bowl practices has excelled in 1v1 reps, but tends to disappear in 11 on 11.
I'm not sure I'm overstating it with Williams. I've not read anything bad.

Here is today's report of him dominating again including team Twitter video:

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2018/8 ... -scrimmage

Pay special attention to two closely guarded TDs in 11-on-11s. 8-)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Funchess having a good camp.

Funchess was arguably the Panthers' most impressive performer during training camp, ESPN's David Newton reports.

Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer wrote after Sunday’s practice that Funchess has had an “excellent training camp”

Like this one handed grab.

https://twitter.com/panthersglobal/stat ... 0632842240