1.4 Trade Veto

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Nate21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 1.4 Trade Veto

Postby Nate21 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey mike thats all on your Co-commish you got you might wanna talk to him it really shows how much he knows.. vetos will cause drama in the league.. to me the league is doing fine and like others are saying that our league wont last long, it will we have very active gms thats not the worry its the chemistry that might fall apart. With alot of trades getting vetoed for minor issues we need to let them go and only focus on the onesided trades getting vetoed.. This league is legit mike your a great Commish
32 Team, 25 man roster, 1pt PPR, 2pt Tackle
Start: 1Qb 2Rb 2WR 1TE 1DT 1DE 1DT/DE 3LB 1CB 1S 1CB/S (Draft in Process)
QB- R.Tannehill B.Petty S.Mannion
RB- B.Shanky J.Randel
WR-D.Bryant D.Funchess M.Floyd
TE- J.Reed B.Celek
DT-S.Lissemore E.Goldman
DE- C.Thornton
LB- M.Foster A.Hitchens A.Lynch S.McClellin J.Trusnik
CB-D.Dennard J.Gilbert D.Rodgers-Cromartie
S- R.Nelson
PK- R.Bullock

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:47 pm

He is a very knowledgable dynasty commish, as well as a nice guy, its not a personal thing, I just think hes dead wrong on this one. Looking for someone to tell me im crazy. We have some inexpierienced GMs, and a problem with a person/people colluding and trying to disrupt our league at one point, they have since been removed...so thats why we have such a strict Veto, to protect our league. In years to come, we may have a much more lienent veto policy. I feel like I got done wrong on this one is all, asking your opinion on my trade, more than our veto policy, cos our veto policy isthere for a reason at the moment. I respect and love everything he does for our league, like I said, I was hoping to be wrong on this one.
Last edited by MikeCross on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:31 am

Dude, the trade & the Veto go hand in hand. The trade is just an average trade for both owners. Veto's in dynasty leagues are stupid in general. that's the point I'm teying to make. if an owner makes a BS trade and its a consensous among the other owner that he was trying to cheat you give him the boot. A lot of longtime dynasty guys are trying to tell you that your league is on a dangerous path. you wanted our advise and there it is.

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:49 am

thx for everyone's input, I think its obv this trade isnt biased. Its not an option to leave my league, its my hobby, and weve got a great group of 12 guys. if anythign we've learned somethign from it, trade will stand vetoted, and im restructuring... thx for your input.
Adam "PacMan" Jones

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 am

Having that trade vetoed is ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned, it was vetoed by idiots that have no idea about fantasy football or player values. This league is doomed from the start. I would threaten to quit right now if the trade isn't reinstated, because it is NOT colusion. Not everyone values picks and players the same way. No matter how many owners you have in a league, there will not be 2 owners that think alike when it comes to valuing players and pick.

Skip is right, Vetoes are the worse things that can happen to a fantasy league.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 am

Vetoes are never a good idea in dynasty leagues. Inexperienced dynasty players don't understand player value yet in a dynasty format. Sometimes no matter what you say they won't see the value of a trade for either side. Boldin for R1.04 is a bad trade IMO but still should not be vetoed, Boldin and V8.12 for R1.04 is better but also should not be vetoed. The known value of Boldin vs the unknown picks is most likely the stalling point for the newbs in your league. In either case you are playing/drafting to win now but some folks can't see that.

Dynasty leagues need to operate on a free market system. The only avenues we have to improve our teams after inaugural drafts are trade, free agency and rookie drafts. Allowing vetoes can seriously disrupt how owners in your league improve their team today and in the future.

You're crazy for being worked up over it since as co-commish or commish (not sure which one) you have/had a say in the creation of league bylaws. Either get the veto removed or let it go. Getting angry over it will only generate animosity, which eventually will break up your group of 12 great guys.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 am

Have your commish come and read this thread. We'll straighten him out.

-oo-

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm

I let it go, hes a great guy, and were reviewing the whole veto thing policy.
Adam "PacMan" Jones

Ragin Kajun
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Ragin Kajun » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 pm

MikeCross wrote:I just had a trade vetoed. I was trading the 1.4Rookie Pick, for Boldin, and an 8.9 in our inaugural draft, which is in round 7. Trade was vetoed.... said boldin was only worth the 1.4, I think thats completey rediculous, i feel if anything I should be getting MORE value, than Boldin(picked late 6th round) and an 8th. Im pretty upset, what are yalls thoughts.. furthest thing from my mind was a veto... I think they are vetoing as a GM not a commish, cos they know i need a reciever, not even a borderline trade imo. Thoguht are appreciated.
Here are my thoughts:

1. Bad trade for you; no way do I trade a 1.4 for Boldin under any circumstances, he will likely never see your starting lineup except in bye weeks or as injury filler.
2. Bad decision to stay in a league that allows a Commish to veto trades for any reason except collusion.
3. Bad Commish if he thinks Boldin is worth a 1.4 and he is an even bigger tool if he thinks adding the 8.9 makes any substantive difference whatsoever.
4. Good decision (for you) by the Commish to veto this deal - you should thank your lucky stars that Commish interfered in this deal, saving you a great deal of (further) embarrassment later on.

:roll:

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Veto's in dynasty leagues are stupid in general.
^^^^

I had a huge feud with an owner of the league I run with a similar situation. Bottom line is that if you can at least rule out collusion and you trust the members of the league, every trade:

A) is an entity unto itself
B) cannot be compared to past or future trades
C) must be left to each individual to accept or decline

As a commish, you must work under the assumption that each owner is, above all else, acting on his/her team's best interest. (if you can't, then the league will have major issues). Also, even though most educated dynasty players can put a general rule of thumb as to each player's value, it is still only perceived value (which everyone's can be close on this or drastically different).

Every trade will lead someone to say team A got the better end of the deal or vice versa. This will always be debated. You cannot police trades. Everyone must reap what they sew. IMHO, as a commish, it is not my job to have everyone perceive a player's value exactly as I see it. That's what trade vetoes are. I really need to print out this thread and give it to an owner in my league. Nice job members. :clap:
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 pm

skip wrote:One of the fundamental failures of any fantasy league redraft/keeper/dynasty is the existence of the veto. I have no issue with a commissioner stepping into a league to handle issues of collusion, however anything beyond that should be free wheeling and dealing.
I couldn't agree more. I have been commish of a dynasty league since 1999 and have never had to veto a trade. I've had to adjust some lameduck lineups from owners trying to tank a game to improve their draft position for the next year but never have vetoed a trade.
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm quite happy with the trade! My team is really young with a lot of potential and the trade just made my team even younger
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams