Ronnie Jones

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Re: Ronnie Jones

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Player profiler is the worst thing to ever happen to dynasty football conversations
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm Player profiler is the worst thing to ever happen to dynasty football conversations
Sure is nice on the eyes tho.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

I actually think its very helpful

How else would I know who was best compared to Spider-Man or Zangief?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am Not a fan of this player. He could be serviceable but isn't really fast or quick. His body type is too lean for my liking.

Looks like slower version of Charles Simms but with better vision. Pad level is not good.

Wasn't really even on my draft board. Seemed like he was average in all areas. Maybe he will surprise but I see an average player that isn't very fluid on team that can't run the ball. Tampa could finish last in YPC this year.
No offense but I think every point you make is wrong except about his weight...

He looks amazingly fast and quick and shifty (when you watch him other than at the combine)

He is an incredibly powerful run for his size BECAUSE he ran so fast with such a good pad level, I do think his pad level rises when in the open field but I feel like that aids in lateral agility, but when there is no way around a guy Jones puts his head down and goes through them

I thought his vision was so-so. He is great at hitting a cutback and outrunning everyone (at least at college) but he is so fast the sometimes he is past the point of no return before a better hole can develop
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:35 am
Ice wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am isn't really fast or quick
Another one? You gotta do more than just look at playerprofiler.com.

Jones has issues. Lack of long speed, short area quickness or acceleration are very extremely not among them.

Jones on tape is estimated to be running an upper range 4.3 or lower range 4.4 40.
Looks like slower version of Charles Simms but with better vision. Pad level is not good.
His pad level is consistently good.

Jones' vision is somtimes spotty, because he can be impatient.

And Charles Sims never saw a run between the tackles he wasn't reluctant to take. Jones? If anything, sometimes he's too eager to slam it up the gut.
Is this statement quantifiable, or are you just saying he looks fast?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am isn't really fast or quick

Jones has issues. Lack of long speed, short area quickness or acceleration are very extremely not among them.

Jones on tape is estimated to be running an upper range 4.3 or lower range 4.4 40.

And Charles Sims never saw a run between the tackles he wasn't reluctant to take. Jones? If anything, sometimes he's too eager to slam it up the gut.
I'm also curious

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:36 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am Not a fan of this player. He could be serviceable but isn't really fast or quick. His body type is too lean for my liking.

Wasn't really even on my draft board. Seemed like he was average in all areas. Maybe he will surprise but I see an average player that isn't very fluid on team that can't run the ball. Tampa could finish last in YPC this year.
No offense but I think every point you make is wrong except about his weight...

He looks amazingly fast and quick and shifty (when you watch him other than at the combine)

He is an incredibly powerful run for his size BECAUSE he ran so fast with such a good pad level, I do think his pad level rises when in the open field but I feel like that aids in lateral agility, but when there is no way around a guy Jones puts his head down and goes through them

I thought his vision was so-so. He is great at hitting a cutback and outrunning everyone (at least at college) but he is so fast the sometimes he is past the point of no return before a better hole can develop
No offense taken, I have reviewed practically every play he ran in college. RB evaluation is something I take very seriously and no issues with criticism. I had plenty when I took Richardson completely off my draft board and when I contended Lacy was nothing special and probably a one contract player. I was blasted pretty hard when I went against the grain on Reggie Bush claiming he would be a far better receiving back than a running back. I was laughed at when I drafted Arian Foster in the first round of a 1000 dollar redraft league until he carried me to a title.

I have also had my fair share of misses over the years. I hit in a big money league on Hunt last season but missed on Kamara.

While I see a willingness in Jones I see no real power. In the NFL he will get swallowed up running to his left. You can count on one hand the times he transitions the ball to his left hand. You can count on one hand his weak non existent stiff arm capability. His first step quickness IMO is below average.

He is way too upright for his smallish frame and doesn't look like he can add much weight. While I like his long speed when he gets in the open I do not like his burst to the corner. Think he will struggle against NFL caliber players given the speed to power ratios are infinitely better in the NFL.

He should be a serviceable NFL player but IMO he will have to vastly improve his catch radius and learn to catch away from his body. Don't think he much of a chance in pass protection. He is a bit stiff in the upper body.

I didn't pay any attention to his combine, I saw all the tape I needed to make a determination. Would just as soon own a player like Duke Johnson who can already catch and has a far better burst.

Time will tell but my read is he is a much better college player than he will be in the pros.

Could be wrong but not a player I would consider drafting at this point in fantasy. I see a change of pace back that will struggle in early downs especially when the field shrinks in the red zone.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:48 pm

maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 am(1) TB line isn't great.... (2) He is a breakaway guy...... (3) Nobody has a shittier backfield... (4) We have seen plenty of lesser backs succeed because they get touches
Here's what you basically said:

-- (1) He needs a good O-line.
-- (2) He can't avoid tacklers, but he's runs in a straight line really fast.
-- (3) He has value because everyone else on the team is garbage.
-- (4) If he gets fed carries, volume alone will carry him.

These are not the same kinds of things one would use to describe say.... any top RB that ever existed ever.
Ice wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 pmWhile I see a willingness in Jones I see no real power. In the NFL he will get swallowed up running to his left. You can count on one hand the times he transitions the ball to his left hand. You can count on one hand his weak non existent stiff arm capability. His first step quickness IMO is below average.

He is way too upright for his smallish frame and doesn't look like he can add much weight. While I like his long speed when he gets in the open I do not like his burst to the corner. Think he will struggle against NFL caliber players given the speed to power ratios are infinitely better in the NFL.

He should be a serviceable NFL player but IMO he will have to vastly improve his catch radius and learn to catch away from his body. Don't think he much of a chance in pass protection. He is a bit stiff in the upper body.

I didn't pay any attention to his combine, I saw all the tape I needed to make a determination. Would just as soon own a player like Duke Johnson who can already catch and has a far better burst.

Time will tell but my read is he is a much better college player than he will be in the pros.

Could be wrong but not a player I would consider drafting at this point in fantasy. I see a change of pace back that will struggle in early downs especially when the field shrinks in the red zone.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 pm

I don't know what the future portends, though Ronnie Jones did not impress me much when I viewed a few minutes of his tape back in April....

But come end of the season, this will be a fun thread to re-read from the beginning and watch one side each a lot of crow.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 pm I don't know what the future portends, though Ronnie Jones did not impress me much when I viewed a few minutes of his tape back in April....

But come end of the season, this will be a fun thread to re-read from the beginning and watch one side each a lot of crow.
What if he's like Doug Martin. Great season, poo season, great season, poo season

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Cheers Ice

I hope for my dynasty team he doesn't do well (don't own him, took penny) but I hope for him he does well because I don't wish failure upon not total douchebags (not that you are)

I guess we will have to agree to disagree :)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 am

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:48 pm
maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 am(1) TB line isn't great.... (2) He is a breakaway guy...... (3) Nobody has a shittier backfield... (4) We have seen plenty of lesser backs succeed because they get touches
Here's what you basically said:

-- (1) He needs a good O-line.
-- (2) He can't avoid tacklers, but he's runs in a straight line really fast.
-- (3) He has value because everyone else on the team is garbage.
-- (4) If he gets fed carries, volume alone will carry him.

These are not the same kinds of things one would use to describe say.... any top RB that ever existed ever.
Yeah cuz I don't think he is one of the best backs ever...just one of the better ones in this draft

Also you are terrible at reading between the lines. ;)

1) I said his oline sucked not that he needs a good one...USC's was bad too
2) Whether he finds or creates a hole he has speed to generate extra yards at the next level
3) True
4) True (also true for every RB aside from David Johnson or Kamara rookie years)
Last edited by maxhyde on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Just traded Jones for Anthony Miller and Landon Collins

wildabeast49
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wildabeast49 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm also curious
100 meter best of 10.37 in high school thats flying.
10 team, .5 ppr dynasty
QB: Brady, Wilson
RB: Fournette, cook, mixon, Ajayi, Gordon, Ware, Joe Williams, Hunt, Martin
WR: Evans, TY, Dez, Sammy, Coleman, Diggs, Ross, White, Fitz
TE: Watson, Eifert, Bennet

PPR 12 team superflex, limited devy (1 per year) heavy return yardage
Cousins, Rivers, Kizer
Fournette, Zeke, Mixon, mcCaffrey, Joe Williams, Mcnichols, Mack, Martin
Cooper, Evans, Watkins, Coleman, Diggs, Martavis, Chad Williams, Parker
Henry, Rudolph, Hodges

Dunville
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dunville » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:09 am

I can’t say that I’m as qualified as some of the guys here but here’s my take from the bits of tape I’ve watched and the reports I’ve read.

He seems to me like a guy who relied a lot on speed and big plays in college and wasn’t great at shedding tackles, he also wasn’t great in pass pro (from what I’ve read and the little I’ve seen) and his hands aren’t great. All this combines to a big red flag to me as the NFL is much tougher reducing the likelihood of big plays and poor hands leads to a severely low floor. If I drafting an undersized guy I want him to show me enough in the pass game to at least have a reasonable floor ala Cmac, Duke etc...
12 Team 1 pt PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1K
QB Tua Stroud
RB Bijan, Gibbs, kamara Jamaal, CEH, Allgeier, Brown
WR Hill, JJ, Higgins, Keenan, Reed, Thielen, Boyd, Iosivas, Tucker
TE Hockenson Friermuth, Likely
K Elliot
1DT 2DE 3LB 1CB 2S 1Flex
DT Donald Zach Allen
DE Crosby, Hutchinson Van Ness, Turner, Wonnum,
LB Greenlaw, Kendricks, Bernard, Mosley, McFadden, Barton, Overshown, Cashman, Henley
CB Stream
S Bynum, Blankenship fuller, grant,
2024 -2.05, 3.05, 3.12, 6th
2025 2 x 1st, 2, 3,4,5,6