Ronnie Jones

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Ronnie Jones

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:27 am

In my original rankings, I put Jones dead last. This past weekend of games only solidified my thinking. He's terrible. The time to sell high is now.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:12 am

This is the most ridiculous thread on the entire forum right now. It’s just people who had RoJo ranked low because they looked at his weight/catches without watching him play bragging that they were right because his YPC was low in his 1st preseason game and he dropped one pass.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:41 am

lol And I thought reactions to week one of the regular season were over the top..

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:12 amThis is the most ridiculous thread on the entire forum right now. It’s just people who had RoJo ranked low because they looked at his weight/catches without watching him play bragging that they were right because his YPC was low in his 1st preseason game and he dropped one pass.
This isn't true at all in my case. I did a HUGE write up on him back in April/May. He's terrible. He's always been terrible. I've always said he's terrible. His skillset was perfect for college. It's not going to translate to the NFL well at all.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am
Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:12 amThis is the most ridiculous thread on the entire forum right now. It’s just people who had RoJo ranked low because they looked at his weight/catches without watching him play bragging that they were right because his YPC was low in his 1st preseason game and he dropped one pass.
This isn't true at all in my case. I did a HUGE write up on him back in April/May. He's terrible. He's always been terrible. I've always said he's terrible. His skillset was perfect for college. It's not going to translate to the NFL well at all.
Then you're the exception amongst the RoJo haters but you're still the victim of confirmation bias and thus severely overreacting. I didn't like Chubb in the pre-draft process at all and while his 1st preseason game confirms what I saw at Georgia to me I'm not definitively saying he's awful based on one preseason game.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:22 am

Every touch week 1

Just watched his week 1 stuff. For the most part it looked fine. Had a run or two towards the end that didn't seem optimal and the football bouncing off his chest was a bad look :lol: . But he also had some good runs as well.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:22 am Every touch week 1

Just watched his week 1 stuff. For the most part it looked fine. Had a run or two towards the end that didn't seem optimal and the football bouncing off his chest was a bad look :lol: . But he also had some good runs as well.
I agree. As an owner I was fine with the performance. You can see him glance away from the QB for a half second before the ball was thrown to him. Hopefully he corrects that and is at least a serviceable pass catcher.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:23 am
Then you're the exception amongst the RoJo haters but you're still the victim of confirmation bias and thus severely overreacting. I didn't like Chubb in the pre-draft process at all and while his 1st preseason game confirms what I saw at Georgia to me I'm not definitively saying he's awful based on one preseason game.
One of my critiques against him was that he always carries the ball in his right arm, even if that's where the defenders are. Pre Season Week 1, 10 touches or so, ALL in his right hand. That's an over reaction?

You are supposed to protect the ball by keeping it shielded from defenders at all times. He is still not doing that.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:45 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:22 am Every touch week 1

I agree. As an owner I was fine with the performance. You can see him glance away from the QB for a half second before the ball was thrown to him. Hopefully he corrects that and is at least a serviceable pass catcher.
Really not a lot you can discern from this. He got what he had blocked for him, no opportunities to show any big play ability, and on the drop, he was looking for the DB and focused on getting hit too much, rather than catching the ball.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:43 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 am
One of my critiques against him was that he always carries the ball in his right arm, even if that's where the defenders are. Pre Season Week 1, 10 touches or so, ALL in his right hand. That's an over reaction?

You are supposed to protect the ball by keeping it shielded from defenders at all times. He is still not doing that.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upi.co ... 518380025/

RoJo has the 3rd best fumble rate out of all the 2018 RB prospects.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Ok. So what? That's pretty easy to fix and regardless doesnt quality someone as a terrible football player. Take a chill pill. We saw him in one preseason game. Correction half a preseason game. Just as 1 preseason game doesn't make you into a surefire star it won't make you into a confirmed bust. It takes at least 2 seasons to determine if a high profile rookie is a bust IMO.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:04 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Ok. So what? That's pretty easy to fix and regardless doesnt quality someone as a terrible football player. Take a chill pill. We saw him in one preseason game. Correction half a preseason game. Just as 1 preseason game doesn't make you into a surefire star it won't make you into a confirmed bust. It takes at least 2 seasons to determine if a high profile rookie is a bust IMO.
He’s giving into his base instinct and prematurely celebrating his hot take based on 1 preseason game.

I get the desire, we get invested in our rookie takes and desperately want them to be right, and I want to do the same thing with Nick Chubb after Friday night.

Still, you should be able to show a little more self control as an adult human being.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:44 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 amOne of my critiques against him was that he always carries the ball in his right arm, even if that's where the defenders are. Pre Season Week 1, 10 touches or so, ALL in his right hand. That's an over reaction?

Ok. So what? That's pretty easy to fix and regardless doesnt quality someone as a terrible football player.
It is not easy to fix if you've been doing this since peewee football. Do you know about the 4 points of pressure? He has to coordinate those movements right to left in an instant while running/juking at full speed. This is not something that is easily learned in days or even weeks if you've never done it in 16 years as a running back. It's definitely not a "so what" moment. RJ had a great fumble rate in college, but in the NFL he's playing the best defenders from college each and every play.

The only other player I've seen play in the NFL who didn't protect the football by switching away from a defender was Bryce Brown, and he didn't last in the NFL because of his fumbling issues. I can't even name another RB in the history of the NFL who didn't protect the ball.

You're not worried about it? Awesome. I'll pass and that's fine too. And while the above is just the beginning of what I didn't like about him, this and this alone would make me pass on anyone.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:04 pmHe’s giving into his base instinct and prematurely celebrating his hot take based on 1 preseason game.
1 preseason game AND his entire college career. He had the entire offseason to work on it and he obviously didn't.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:26 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:04 pmHe’s giving into his base instinct and prematurely celebrating his hot take based on 1 preseason game.
1 preseason game AND his entire college career. He had the entire offseason to work on it and he obviously didn't.
Cool. You aren't a fan of Jones. We got it.