Ronnie Jones

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ronnie Jones

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:37 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:46 am
ImaRounder wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 am Peyton Barber is a much better all around back than Ronald Jones. Period.
I actually think Barber is a good running back who will have a role because RoJo probably shouldn't get 300+ carries, but your statement is a little misleading. Barber isn't near the running back that Jones is. Sure, he's a better blocker and receiver, but he's not a better running back. He will steal time because of that, but RoJo should (and I think will) be the primary ball carrier.
Barber is a more experienced NFL RB than Jones...

BTW you are welcome ImaRounder for fixing your inaccurate statement. Good all round RB do not go undrafted in the NFL. Period.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 am

maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:37 am
ImaRounder wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:11 am Peyton Barber is a much better all around back than Ronald Jones. Period.
I actually think Barber is a good running back who will have a role because RoJo probably shouldn't get 300+ carries, but your statement is a little misleading. Barber isn't near the running back that Jones is. Sure, he's a better blocker and receiver, but he's not a better running back. He will steal time because of that, but RoJo should (and I think will) be the primary ball carrier.

BTW you are welcome ImaRounder for fixing your inaccurate statement. Good all round RB do not go undrafted in the NFL. Period.
I wouldn't say that's 100% true, some slip under the cracks, or just need to be taught better.

Some examples are
Arian Foster
Priest Holmes
Fred Jackson
Isiah Crowell ( I'm sure some will disagree here)

I'm sure their are more but I cant think of any others

not saying Barber is going to be a all time great, but Good all around RB's from time to time to slip under the cracks.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:43 pm

What I saw at USC was a guy who couldn't do anything between the tackles.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Max, I dont need you to fix anything for me. Joey gave you a list of why your statement is undeniably false.

Space Cowboy, this is exactly what i see. Also, cant hold on to the ball.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:09 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:46 pm Also, cant hold on to the ball.
Two fumbles on 600 carries.

I've been a fan of Barber since last year, and my post record here shows it.

But several of you guys trendily piling on Ronald Jones right now are blatantly faking your knowledge of his profile and his tape. You imply you've seriously studied him when it's obvious to anyone who really has that you haven't. At all.

smh
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:37 am Good all round RB do not go undrafted in the NFL. Period.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPWD5SrD4h7/
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -position/
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 am

I wouldn't say that's 100% true, some slip under the cracks, or just need to be taught better.

Some examples are
Arian Foster
Priest Holmes
Fred Jackson

not saying Barber is going to be a all time great, but Good all around RB's from time to time to slip under the cracks.
OK...some slip through the cracks...in 20+ years we have 2, Holmes and Foster...I mean Fred Jackson was OK but took about 4 years (various sub-NFL leagues) to get any sort of traction...who waits that long on guys? Crowell wasn't drafted because of off field stuff and was never (still isn't) considered a 3 down RB
So let's look at the 2...clearly win the job as rookies in camp and start the season as starting RB's...Barber is about 2 years late so we can safely say he better be on the Fred Jackson path to relevance.

So sure guys slip through the cracks but Barber's path doesn't seem to be one of those very rare cases...yet. However, gamble away on the exceptions while I gamble on draft capital because that generally gets opportunities sooner rather than later.

Impossible to say a guy isn't good with 3-4 weeks of NFL experience and 12 pre-season touches against starters mostly but for confirmation bias purposes keep on keepin on...you can safely ignore if that changes
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:22 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:46 pm Max, I dont need you to fix anything for me. Joey gave you a list of why your statement is undeniably false.

Space Cowboy, this is exactly what i see. Also, cant hold on to the ball.
It is roughly equivalent to as undeniably false as your statement that Barber is a better all round back than Jones. 2+ years of NFL experience/training and working in the same offense is a huge advantage so "better" is very subjective...not a fact

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 pm

A lot slips through the cracks. Because it's a devalued position with its short shelf-life, and its perceived to be replaceable production (which it often is).

Also because the more intangible quality of vision/instinct/etc is difficult for even professional scouts to reliably judge off of college tape, because there often isn't an all-22 vertical angle to college tape freely available. Hence why scouts failed to appreciate how high IQ a runner Arian Foster was, because that quality wasn't obvious on the standard tape, and his profile was was low enough and the position devalued enough that no one bothered to call up the University of Tennessee's coaching staff to beg for the vertical game film they record for their own use.

NFL teams just don't look very hard at running-back prospects unless they're already hyped, thus Day 3 and undrafted running-backs become significant contributors on the regular, as the links in my previous post show.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm

maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Some examples are
Arian Foster
Priest Holmes
Fred Jackson

OK...some slip through the cracks...in 20+ years we have 2, Holmes and Foster...I mean Fred Jackson was OK but took about 4 years (various sub-NFL leagues) to get any sort of traction...who waits that long on guys? Crowell wasn't drafted because of off field stuff and was never (still isn't) considered a 3 down RB
So let's look at the 2...clearly win the job as rookies in camp and start the season as starting RB's...Barber is about 2 years late so we can safely say he better be on the Fred Jackson path to relevance.

So sure guys slip through the cracks but Barber's path doesn't seem to be one of those very rare cases...yet. However, gamble away on the exceptions while I gamble on draft capital because that generally gets opportunities sooner rather than later.

Impossible to say a guy isn't good with 3-4 weeks of NFL experience and 12 pre-season touches against starters mostly but for confirmation bias purposes keep on keepin on...you can safely ignore if that changes
Undrafted RBs happen is my point, your point was good backs don't go undrafted when in fact they do.

I can see your very passionate about RoJo, and I wish you the best of luck. he has some positives going for him, young, fast and on a good team with a lot of good weapons so maybe some of his vision flaws will be masked.

But if he's losing to Barber, the arrow isn't exactly point up for Mr. Jones
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm
maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Some examples are
Arian Foster
Priest Holmes
Fred Jackson

Undrafted RBs happen is my point, your point was good backs don't go undrafted when in fact they do.

I can see your very passionate about RoJo, and I wish you the best of luck. he has some positives going for him, young, fast and on a good team with a lot of good weapons so maybe some of his vision flaws will be masked.

X2

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:25 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:53 pm
maxhyde wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm OK...some slip through the cracks...in 20+ years we have 2, Holmes and Foster...I mean Fred Jackson was OK but took about 4 years (various sub-NFL leagues) to get any sort of traction...who waits that long on guys? Crowell wasn't drafted because of off field stuff and was never (still isn't) considered a 3 down RB

I am very passionate about not ending guys careers before they have played a game that means something.
I like Jones enough but I would hardly say I am passionate regarding his future.

I just think it is foolish to assert rookies suck in August...just trying to clear it up.

I am definitely less passionate about his success than you 2 are about his impending failure

IF peyton Barber was good he wouldn't have been a FA in almost every one of my leagues in September/October last year but he was and I play in some deep leagues. Being better than a guy that has one month of NFL experience is a long way from being good...maybe Barber runs away with the job and Jones barely sees the field but I doubt that happens

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Perhaps Peyton Barber is not all that good but one thing for certain is he looks great compared to Jones regardless if he slipped through the cracks or not.....Just sayin.....
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:21 am
MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 am
FiremanEd wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 amPretty sure Lotto’s comment was largely in jest, implied by the second statement regarding Josh Gordon (and the more obvious ‘so it means everything’ statement)...
I thought maybe, but I wanted to dispel the notion that Bryce Brown had anything to do at all with his or any teams' success. People don't need to be reading that and even slightly believing in that BB was anything special.
I don't think we know this for a fact, maybe he started him a game that was the determining factor for a win?
Two games. Weeks 12 and 13. 178 yards and 2 TDs followed by 169 yards and 2 TDs.
Josh Gordon in week 13 went for 116 and 1 TD. I managed to get into the playoffs by just a few points.

Finally found the results. Beat a guy by 3.5 points in week 12. Had he beat me, he would have been in because he scorched everybody in week 13.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:56 pm Perhaps Peyton Barber is not all that good but one thing for certain is he looks great compared to Jones regardless if he slipped through the cracks or not.....Just sayin.....
Barber looks like one of those RB's who won't do anything wrong but isn't a difference maker. As long as he's your best back, you'll want to upgrade. That was one of the things people were touting about Rob Kelley entering last season. These type of RB's are largely replaceable, but they're also preferrable over RB's who clearly make mistakes.