Nick Foles

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Nick Foles

Postby skip » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 pm

2QB might give him some value but almost nothing in a league where only 180 players are on rosters. I wouldn't pay anything for him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 pm

18 man roster in a 10 team league?? I'd have to imagine he's waiver wire material. I picked him up really cheap in a 12 team SF with 25 player rosters and barely have room to hold him.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:04 am

36 man (extended offseason) rosters, 12 team league and he's on waivers - but only 1QB.

32 starting QB's, and he's not currently one. However, with your very limited roster requirements rookie picks don't really hold any value after a 2nd - is that right/fair to say? If you think he's getting a shot at starting, now is the time to pick him up, but I wouldn't want to pay more than a third for him.

Have you had your rookie draft yet? I'd probably be looking to pick up one of this year's QB's first to upgrade on Beathard over trading for Foles. And then upgrading Gallman and Blount over trading for Foles, as you have two solid starting QB's in Wilson and Garoppolo. But that is just my opinion
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 pm
Valhalla wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:20 pm I’d want a 2nd rounder for him in a league like that...but just do an advanced search with Foles and me as the author and you’ll see I’ve always liked him a lot more than most people do. Him and Bradford all over my post history...for what it’s worth...
No guarantee he ever gets his fair extended, legitimate shot, but if he does he’s plenty valuable in a 2qb league. Think if Jacksonville wisens up and signs him in the offseason...
I'd want a first to sell, and would gladly pay a 2nd in a 2 QB league. I think he gets a shot to start somewhere next year.
He SHOULD get a shot...but I’ve lost faith in the league GMs as a whole. Most would rather have Josh Allen...and before that, Brock Osweiler...
Poor Foles. Every single non-Fisher chance he’s had, he’s been a good to great looking QB. Yet...he has red hair and was not beloved by the media so the herd thinks he must not be good.
He was mostly garbage under Andy Reid as well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:05 am

skip wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 pm 2QB might give him some value but almost nothing in a league where only 180 players are on rosters. I wouldn't pay anything for him.
Agree with this. 180 rostered is really shallow, 2QB or otherwise.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:59 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:05 pmhe has red hair
Not sure what more evidence you need.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:05 am
skip wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 pm 2QB might give him some value but almost nothing in a league where only 180 players are on rosters. I wouldn't pay anything for him.
That is my opinion as well - even if Foles is on a roster - someone with similar talent, opportunity or upside is bound to be available. So maybe a 4th round pick if one was a Foles fan.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 amHe was mostly garbage under Andy Reid as well.
Why do you say this? His two games under Reid in KC were quite positive. His rookie season he wasn't statistically much different than Wentz. I'm only going off stats, so maybe he looked visually much different on tape.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am
That is my opinion as well - even if Foles is on a roster - someone with similar talent, opportunity or upside is bound to be available. So maybe a 4th round pick if one was a Foles fan.
You're only considering one side of the equation here. Sure, 180 deep is pretty shallow so Foles is less valuable...but that 4th round rookie has nearly zero chance to make your roster. Nearly a worthless asset in a league of that depth. Names in that range include Justin Jackson, John Kelly, Bo Scarbrough, Jordan Lasley, and Daurice Fountain. I'd take Foles over these guys in a 2QB and it isn't even close...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:45 am

I expected this response from you, Skip. Your dislike of Foles is historically like the dark side to my "light side" admiration of him. :D

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 am

You're only considering one side of the equation here. Sure, 180 deep is pretty shallow so Foles is less valuable...but that 4th round rookie has nearly zero chance to make your roster. Nearly a worthless asset in a league of that depth. Names in that range include Justin Jackson, John Kelly, Bo Scarbrough, Jordan Lasley, and Daurice Fountain. I'd take Foles over these guys in a 2QB and it isn't even close...
I totally agree with taking the shot at qb, but at 180 rostered in a 2qb, the talent pool available will be better the the types listed above. You're talking the likes of Corey Clement, Paul Richardson, Jordan and Rishard Matthews, Ty Montgomery, etc. Plenty of viable upside options. No way I'd pay a 2nd to get Foles there. If he's not on waivers, draft a guy next year.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:35 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:45 am
I expected this response from you, Skip. Your dislike of Foles is historically like the dark side to my "light side" admiration of him. :D
I'm just being realistic. You said he's worth more than a 4th in this league. Probably so, but you still have to figure out how to roster one of those two. Rosters are far too small it makes both the pick or Foles equally valueless.

As for your Jacksonville comment, Foles isn't more than a lateral move at best from Bortles.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:49 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 am
Valhalla wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 am

I totally agree with taking the shot at qb, but at 180 rostered in a 2qb, the talent pool available will be better the the types listed above. You're talking the likes of Corey Clement, Paul Richardson, Jordan and Rishard Matthews, Ty Montgomery, etc. Plenty of viable upside options. No way I'd pay a 2nd to get Foles there. If he's not on waivers, draft a guy next year.
It comes down to what you think of Foles as a fantasy producer IF he gets his chance.
I've admittedly been a lot higher on Foles' ability than the average football fan. Due to the (for lack of better phrasing coming to mind) football culture/group-think/media-driven choices, I don't think a team is as likely to give Foles a chance as he deserves. Even if a Jacksonville gives up on Bortles, and Foles is available and expresses interest in signing there, at BEST what the media in Jacksonville would nearly DEMAND of the GM (through article after article after article) is for them to sign Foles as a bridge, and no better, and for Jacksonville to draft a QB very high that would be taking over for Foles within a year. That's not fair, but it's likely the reality of what will happen to Foles. And if you don't think the media has a VERY strong sway over what most GMs do, you don't pay close enough attention or hold NFL management in too high of reverence. There are exceptions that don't give a bleep about public opinion (like Belichick), but most of these guys go the direction of what the media is saying they should do, and the media always loves the next rookie QBs (at least SOMEONE in the QB class but rarely the right one(s)).

Now...IF he gets his fair chance to start in a non-horrific situation (like being thrown into Fisher's offense), I think his potential for high statistical output is great. He's not just a QB to be had in 2QB. He's a GOOD QB to be had (in my opinion). Because of that GOOD upside, I value him higher than any 3rd round rookie (which would be a rookie QB of little note in a 2QB), but because of the NFL's pattern of ignoring/writing off Foles' continued successes, no way can I pay or expect a 1st for him. There's where my 2nd round value in even a shallow 2QB league comes from.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 am

skip wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:35 am
As for your Jacksonville comment, Foles isn't more than a lateral move at best from Bortles.
I think you're wrong again, Skip...
skip wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:45 am Wow... Foles is better than Brock? Not sure I agree with that... Whether he is or not doesn't matter, the decision to move ahead without Tyrod is foolish. As a Cleveland fan, I would LOVE him coming to the Browns. But I'd definitely be frustrated as a Watkins owner. Foles is a huge downgrade to just about anyone currently starting in the NFL.
BTW great call on Tyrod to the Browns. Tyrod AND Mayfield...I really like the way your squad is moving with its QBs...finally.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 am

gmoftheyear wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:59 pm 10 Team 2 QB league 18 players on a roster
I'd say early 3rd. I don't see him as more than a streaming low-end QB1/high-end QB2 if Wentz isn't ready to start Week 1. I also don't see him being a successful starter anywhere in 2019 even if he leaves PHI.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd