the man the myth the legend... Tyrrelle Pryor

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

the man the myth the legend... Tyrrelle Pryor

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 pm

So i am buying him up for dirt cheap think he could easily have big bounce back in new york. they will be playing from behind a lot and the wr room is wide open on top of him and mccown being back together i think pryor could have a big bounce back but i havent heard anyone talking bout him much or see any love for him on dlf. is he really just worth a 3rd - 4th round rookie pick or do any of you have high hopes for him as well ? i think TP is gonna show out this year! also think last year was a bad landing spot/injured Cousins spreads it and he had no time to build up a rapport with pryor and i also think he tried playing through injuries bc he had a lot to prove n didnt want to just sit out and rest. thoughts??
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: the man the myth the legend... Tyrrelle Pryor

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm

I think Pryor is a former QB playing WR, but he was an athlete playing QB, if that makes sense. He will be out of the league soon, IMO. He's 29. His best years athletically are behind him, and that is what he depended on. I would not pay a 3rd, the reality is he isn't a real WR, just an athlete playing WR. He did remarkably well for a season after a late transition to the position, but he just doesn't have the ability that comes with playing a position to adapt when defences figure out ways to stop you. He does not have Cousins throwing the ball to him anymore, either. I think he's about done. He was always a hybrid player, great for college, but lacks the refinement at any position to really succeed, I'd rather have Kearse than Pryor.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:46 pm

I think Terrelle Pryor is one of those guys who is very focused on their work ethic, improving their craft & keeping in shape - so I do not think he is going to simply up and disappear. This is a guy who works out with players like Antonio Brown - and is always posting videos of him working on his craft or staying in shape. As such, I feel the volume of targets will be key as to whether he will be fantasy relevant for the next 2-3 years, and not whether he'll be capable of competing.

With the Jets cutting Devin Smith, and the suspension looming for ArDarius Stewart, I'd say a useful role seems little more feasible for him than it did earlier in the off-season. Oh this article seems to suggest Pryor has had success running a variety of routes (and thus isnt relying on his athleticism to be a 1 trick pony).

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/7/ ... -york-jets
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm

He's redundant to Robby Anderson and Kearse & Enunwa will be battling it out for the other side of the field. I'd hold in a deeper league, but not sure I'd pay much of anything for him.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:13 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm He's redundant to Robby Anderson and Kearse & Enunwa will be battling it out for the other side of the field. I'd hold in a deeper league, but not sure I'd pay much of anything for him.
IM A BELIEVER THO! PRYOR WILL STRIKE AGAIN!

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 pm

playa_hata wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:13 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm He's redundant to Robby Anderson and Kearse & Enunwa will be battling it out for the other side of the field. I'd hold in a deeper league, but not sure I'd pay much of anything for him.
You've already lost. You have literally used the weakest argument in the book. All Caps. It's like when you have a conversation that turns into a discussion, and the discussion turns into a debate, and then you start yelling at the person. I win because I am louder, is literally the weakest argument there is. Sorry, I know you are joking, but had to point out the "legit" ALL CAPS guys, and people that yell to try and win a debate. Can we get rid of these people, socially, or at least educate them? :lol:

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 pm
You've already lost. You have literally used the weakest argument in the book. All Caps. It's like when you have a conversation that turns into a discussion, and the discussion turns into a debate, and then you start yelling at the person. I win because I am louder, is literally the weakest argument there is. Sorry, I know you are joking, but had to point out the "legit" ALL CAPS guys, and people that yell to try and win a debate. Can we get rid of these people, socially, or at least educate them? :lol:
great insight.... would be nice to hear youre thoughts on the actual question in the post or views on the player in question.

TM1

TM2

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Just traded him for a 2018 5th from a team I'm blowing up to rebuild and I couldn't be happier

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 pm

motherlode wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 pm Just traded him for a 2018 5th from a team I'm blowing up to rebuild and I couldn't be happier
i get it ... just an ohio state/cleveland fan so pryor is an ohio legend lol but i think hes got some upside!

TM1

TM2

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:24 am

Just another Buckeye nut that came crashing back down to earth after a brief time living the high life.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 am

playa_hata wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:59 pm

great insight.... would be nice to hear youre thoughts on the actual question in the post or views on the player in question.
Already did that in my post above this one. :thumbup: Just above ArrylT. It was actually the first post in the thread after you started it, actually....and don't take offense, I know the CAPS thing was tongue and cheek on your part, not trying to start a pissing contest.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 am

playa_hata wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 pm So i am buying him up for dirt cheap think he could easily have big bounce back in new york. they will be playing from behind a lot and the wr room is wide open on top of him and mccown being back together i think pryor could have a big bounce back but i havent heard anyone talking bout him much or see any love for him on dlf. is he really just worth a 3rd - 4th round rookie pick or do any of you have high hopes for him as well ? i think TP is gonna show out this year! also think last year was a bad landing spot/injured Cousins spreads it and he had no time to build up a rapport with pryor and i also think he tried playing through injuries bc he had a lot to prove n didnt want to just sit out and rest. thoughts??
Other than you thinking the Jets stink and will lose a lot, why do you think the Jets will be playing from behind a lot? Where's the history? Last year, the Jets played well and probably blew 5 4th quarter leads, they were in most games. I'm not saying the Jets are great, but they have a defensive minded head coach who wants to emphasize the run. The Jets are not the type of team that will have wide open shootouts.

Plus, the Jets WRs are pretty decent. Pryor will get a chance, but it is not likely that he will produce at a high level.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 am

I like Pryor’s chances to rebound nicely, for his current price. I do, however, think he’s priced appropriately (maybe a little low). Although I do believe it could happen (he was terrific with McCown), it’s not like the team is void of wr talent as you imply. There’s a sect of people who really like Enuwa’s talent, and Robby Anderson's, and although Kearse has not often been a hot fantasy topic to my recollection, he has proven numerous seasons that he can be an effective piece on the offense. If Pryor was establisbed on the team and set up to get a heavier snap share, I’d be more bullish on speculating his numbers. He doesn’t just have to win on the field, though. He has to win over a new coaching staff and convince them to pull a reliable option off the field regularly to give him his shots soon into the season, and eventually just phase a reliable option out in favor of him.

I think most knowledgeable fantasy people are fully aware that Pryor was playing injured trying to save his career, so a lot of people (me included) don’t believe it was a lack of talent that led to his down season in Washington. The reason his hype is as low as it is is simply that he DOES have competition to get a heavy snap share. Also, he’s 29 and coming off of an injury, which is something most drafters will avoid if they can, so that explains some of the ADP.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:30 am

I'm holding Pryer in 1 Dynasty, but I'm unsure if I'm going to keep him. When cuts get tough and I need to get down to 23 for the season, he'll likely be on the chopping block. Unless he shows something...anything...in camp, I'd rather hold onto 2nd year players with promise than a guy who's had one great year, is now 29, and has better WRs in front of him. I do understand the love, tho. I was high on him last year at this time, but even if he'd had a good or average year, which he didn't, he still is going to be a PT player with the Jets barring injury. And even that is no guarentee.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 am
playa_hata wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Already did that in my post above this one. :thumbup: Just above ArrylT. It was actually the first post in the thread after you started it, ....and don't take offense, I know the CAPS thing was tongue and cheek on your part, not trying to start a pissing contest.
Sorry about the double post. Wanted to add, as a Raider fan I thought TP was a fun player to watch, but that the idea of him transitioning to WR well was always a long shot. I was amazed what he did two years ago, but that based on age and what happened last season, I think that was by far the best we will see from TP, with a much worse situation that he now has.