General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Curtis Samuel

Postby btv802 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:14 am

I hate you guys :lol:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:26 pm

curious what his value is now after coming alive this last part of the season.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:45 pm

He’s my WR4 and I’m happy to have him in that role. He’s providing everything I had hoped Marquise Lee would provide.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 am

I honestly think that Carolina should roll with Moore and Samuel and let Funchess go.

They are fading pretty hard to end this season, but those two guys are dynamic.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:13 am

I will refer you guys to my July posts for which I was told Curtis is not worth rostering :wave:
btv802 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 am Samuel is a great high upside bench stash. The Panthers selected him in the 2nd round over JuJu in the real NFL draft so they clearly like him and had a plan for him. He was just starting to work his way into the offense and getting targeted before the freak ankle injury (which was admittedly bad and involved ligament damage). It's possible (albeit a long shot) that neither Olsen or Funchess are Panthers next year so there will be available targets if Samuel can rehab fully this year.
btv802 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:50 am If Samuel doesn't have a terrible and random ankle injury in week 10, same game where he was finally working his way into a productive role in the offense (7 targets in the 1st half alone)...I think we are looking at him a lot differently right now. I guess I'd argue that he's currently being widely underrated because of the injury. No clue if he'll ever be able to rehab fully from it and get back to level he was at though.
Just led the team in targets this week :dance:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:17 am

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 am I honestly think that Carolina should roll with Moore and Samuel and let Funchess go.

Agreed. Their offense is much more interesting with these undersized but athletic playmakers (including CMC) than it was with two giant dump trucks playing on the outside (Benjamin & Funchess). I liked Funchess back when people hated him, but we might have seen his ceiling in 2017. If Carolina was going to re-sign him for good money, I think it would have happened already.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 am

playa_hata wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:26 pm curious what his value is now after coming alive this last part of the season.
He's 22 years old, looking like he is getting over the bad ankle injury from his rookie year, has done well with every opportunity he's been given this season and looking like a starter for the Panthers next season. It's tough to peg his value down, but the arrow is pointing up and I don't think I'd sell him for less than I would have paid for him as a rookie at this point. I was high on him FWIW.

Kinda reminds me of Lockett from last season, where he showed flashes but you know he was still coming back from a bad leg injury and might not be 100%. Samuel is on a similar trajectory for next year but he's quite a big younger than Lockett was. I sold Lockett recently because I have a few younger guys on my bench that I expect can eventually produce similarly. Curtis def one of those guys.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 am

Drafted him with nearly all of my dynasty teams 18 months ago (he was usually there mid to late 2nd, sometimes in the 3rd), viewed him as a good 4th/5th WR for the bench that could probably get a 5-6 touch floor which is helpful for bye weeks. Bye week crunch lead me to drop him off one or two teams, but I was able to scoop him back up in all but one of my leagues in those instances, and he's on 7 of my 9 dynasty teams. Very happy with the result as he's evolving into exactly what I was hoping he'd be and a bit more (a guy on a podcast a week or two ago mentioned he'd been WR24 over the previous 5 weeks and was a worthwhile target if you're in a league with no trade deadline and I definitely agree with that. He's just the perfect bench WR option because the floor carries with it some explosiveness/TD potential.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 am

Samuel was the top WR on the roster the day he was drafted and that hasn't changed. He's finally seeing the opportunity he should have been getting on day one. I was a little concerned when Moore was drafted this season in that the team was considering replacing him in the lineup rather than kicking Funchess to the curb, but I think perhaps it was more of a concern with Samuel missing most of last season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 am

skip wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 am Samuel was the top WR on the roster the day he was drafted and that hasn't changed. He's finally seeing the opportunity he should have been getting on day one. I was a little concerned when Moore was drafted this season in that the team was considering replacing him in the lineup rather than kicking Funchess to the curb, but I think perhaps it was more of a concern with Samuel missing most of last season.
I've heard rumblings of certain Panther fans who still believe he's the best WR on the team and many were getting angry about how limited his role has been.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 am I honestly think that Carolina should roll with Moore and Samuel and let Funchess go.

Cam likes his big targets and Funchess shouldn't be too expensive. Now with Olsen out they'll really need his size in the red zone. I wouldn't count on Ian Thomas anytime soon.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am Funchess shouldn't be too expensive.
He's been bad this year but Funchess might be the best young WR available in a weak group of '19 free agents. There will be teams with far more cap space and bigger need for WR talent willing to take a chance on him. Teams may offer him more than you expect.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am Funchess shouldn't be too expensive.
He's been bad this year but Funchess might be the best young WR available in a weak group of '19 free agents. There will be teams with far more cap space and bigger need for WR talent willing to take a chance on him. Teams may offer him more than you expect.
Paul Richardson II.......?

As for Samuel, I wouldn't go overboard. Harvin had his moment in the sun. These guys are good, but counting on them in FF is asking for a headache and 3 point losses when he puts up 2.2 points.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:44 pm

I just traded for him this year. Brighter pastures come next year. Will be a solid WR3.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm
btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm
Paul Richardson II.......?

As for Samuel, I wouldn't go overboard. Harvin had his moment in the sun. These guys are good, but counting on them in FF is asking for a headache and 3 point losses when he puts up 2.2 points.
If I was Funch's agent I'd be pushing for long term deal similar to Lockett's, if not more considering how thin this year's crop of FA WRs looks. If he can't get that maybe a one year prove it deal with a higher percentage of guaranteed money like Moncrief?
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:10 pm Waiver wire.
I thought this comment in July was overboard TBH. I just have always thought he was a good, young, high upside prospect worth keeping stashed. You may compare him to Harvin based on his athletic profile and history of playing RB but the kid is making legit big plays as a WR. Not sure you can keep comping him that way forever as he continues to prove he's more than that. I believe Harvin ultimately had a degenerative hip condition as well...
Last edited by btv802 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS