Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Why is Chubb falling?

Postby Blueboy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:56 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am I get that everyone wants to chase the new and sexy thing in Chubb - but why are people completely writing off Hyde?
He had a respectable year last year in San Fran (and that team was a dumpster fire).

I know there is a potential out after 2018 with a small amount of dead money; but if he performs highly it is hard to see the Browns not keeping him for the contract they have with him. Hyde is also capable in the receiving game.

I don't think there will be anything resembling a feature back or a bellcow - I think we are looking at a full blown committee or a hot hand approach where it will get frustrating for fantasy owners on a week to week basis. I think this running back group can perform well in real life though.
I'm buying Hyde where I can cheap. I fully expect him to put up RB2 or Flex numbers, and if he does get traded his value should skyrocket.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:04 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am I get that everyone wants to chase the new and sexy thing in Chubb - but why are people completely writing off Hyde?
He had a respectable year last year in San Fran (and that team was a dumpster fire).

I know there is a potential out after 2018 with a small amount of dead money; but if he performs highly it is hard to see the Browns not keeping him for the contract they have with him. Hyde is also capable in the receiving game.

I don't think there will be anything resembling a feature back or a bellcow - I think we are looking at a full blown committee or a hot hand approach where it will get frustrating for fantasy owners on a week to week basis. I think this running back group can perform well in real life though.
Agree here. One of the problems with the mindset of the fantasy owner of the idea that NFL teams should desire to only have one capable starter. When was the last time the Patriots did that? And how many Superbowls have they won in the last 15 years? It should be the model to build from, not the exception. It's also why Michel shouldn't be viewed so highly.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:23 am

skip wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:04 am

Agree here. One of the problems with the mindset of the fantasy owner of the idea that NFL teams should desire to only have one capable starter. When was the last time the Patriots did that? And how many Superbowls have they won in the last 15 years? It should be the model to build from, not the exception. It's also why Michel shouldn't be viewed so highly.
The Pats opponent in the Super Bowl also used this model to further your point, Skip.

Adhoc90
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Adhoc90 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am

The Chubb situation reminds me a lot of the Kamara situation in the last year. Everyone is afraid of the backfield of the team and so other players with less talent were selected over them. Dont make this mistake again and pick Chubb when you can get him.
German, so please ignore my spelling and punctuation. :D

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am

Adhoc90 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am The Chubb situation reminds me a lot of the Kamara situation in the last year. Everyone is afraid of the backfield of the team and so other players with less talent were selected over them. Dont make this mistake again and pick Chubb when you can get him.
People were afraid of the name Adrian Peterson in front of Kamara. If you had watched Peterson in his most recent appearances as a Viking, it was clear as day that he just wasn't close to the Peterson that demanded the workload. He had become a detriment to the Vikings offense, and it was no different on the Saints.

I didn't watch much of Hyde last year, but he didn't seem like he was a detriment to the offense. He shouldn't be so heavily used in the passing game as he was in San Fran, but he won't need to with the very efficient Duke taking care of those snaps. Hyde WAS efficient as a runner...was he not?

I like Chubb, but he's not walking into the same scenario that Kamara was.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:10 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:57 am I think Alonzo sees a lot of Alonzo in Chubb. Same style player as Jamal but maybe a touch more athletic, like Chubb.

Naturally he would favor a player like that but Highsmith isn't the final say so . Not the GM (who signed Duke extension) nor the Head Coach (who elevated Johnson's use over Crowell)... Chubb needs to prove or improve his receiving chops like Gurley did to be come top ten RB
This is no surprise. Crowell is a RB who lacks vision and consistently ran into his own blockers. Talk to any big Browns fan, and he/she will likely tell you the same.
The standard is the standard.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:20 am

Valhalla wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am
Adhoc90 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am The Chubb situation reminds me a lot of the Kamara situation in the last year. Everyone is afraid of the backfield of the team and so other players with less talent were selected over them. Dont make this mistake again and pick Chubb when you can get him.
People were afraid of the name Adrian Peterson in front of Kamara. If you had watched Peterson in his most recent appearances as a Viking, it was clear as day that he just wasn't close to the Peterson that demanded the workload. He had become a detriment to the Vikings offense, and it was no different on the Saints.

I didn't watch much of Hyde last year, but he didn't seem like he was a detriment to the offense. He shouldn't be so heavily used in the passing game as he was in San Fran, but he won't need to with the very efficient Duke taking care of those snaps. Hyde WAS efficient as a runner...was he not?

I may end up being wrong on this but I just don't see Chubb as a plus in the passing game. Comparing anything about him to Kamara is like apples to oranges. Kamara actually got out-carried on the ground, the difference was his passing game work.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:56 pm

The majority of this community was not high on Kamara last offseason, including me. He has no reason to be in this thread.

Adhoc90
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Adhoc90 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:20 am
Valhalla wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am

I may end up being wrong on this but I just don't see Chubb as a plus in the passing game. Comparing anything about him to Kamara is like apples to oranges. Kamara actually got out-carried on the ground, the difference was his passing game work.
Do not get me wrong. Neither did I say that Chubb is the same RB as Kamara, nor did I say that Hyde is the same rb as Peterson. I only see a few similarities in falling in the fantasy draft of both because of the backfield in the team where they were drafted.
By talent alone, both would have been picked higher in the rookie draft. And as a fan of bpa, i just say ignore the backfield in the case of chubb.
German, so please ignore my spelling and punctuation. :D

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Chubb's last year in college hurt him badly...but that might not be relevant to the question
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 am

smallxl wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm Chubb's last year in college hurt him badly...but that might not be relevant to the question
How did Chubb's senior season hurt him? He was the 35th pick in the draft. I think it's safe to say Chubb's senior season helped him.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 am

alphaxray wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 am
smallxl wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm Chubb's last year in college hurt him badly...but that might not be relevant to the question
How did Chubb's senior season hurt him? He was the 35th pick in the draft. I think it's safe to say Chubb's senior season helped him.
I feel the same way. Coming back for his senior season seems like it was the right decision.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:32 pm

I feel the same way. Coming back for his senior season seems like it was the right decision.
[/quote]

Whereas as Peterson coming back for his " senior citizen" season was not :nono:

turkjetfan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby turkjetfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 am

jtd1387 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:31 am
sloth8u wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm i cannot believe you guys brought up dj. he is irrelevant.
You can't believe the guy they just signed to a decent extension got brought up in a thread about why Chubb is falling?
i had the exact same thought lol :lol:
14 team 1 pt PPR

QB: Baker, Darnold
RB: Kareem, Miles Sanders, Darrell Henderson, Ito Smith, Jay Ajayi, Damien Harris, CJ Anderson, Dion Lewis, Corey Clement
WR: Jarvis, DK Metcalf, Robby Anderson, Tyrell Williams, Kenny Stills, Donte Moncrief, David Moore, Hakeem Butler, Miles Boykin, Scott Miller, Anthony Johnson
TE: Hooper, Doyle, Jace Sternberger

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 am

turkjetfan wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 am
jtd1387 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:31 am
sloth8u wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm i cannot believe you guys brought up dj. he is irrelevant.
You can't believe the guy they just signed to a decent extension got brought up in a thread about why Chubb is falling?
i had the exact same thought lol :lol:
I think he's saying it could go the way of Latavius Murray. Latavius couldn't sniff a full time role until an injury happened. It's true, if Chubb is better than Duke on passing downs, he'll play, regardless. I personally don't see that happening, but Chubb is still going to see the ball plenty.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick