Keenan Allen

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Keenan Allen

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 am

The injury prone narrative is over blown, tore his ACL and had a lacerated kidney, that's just bad luck! Now he is healthy and the skies the limit, no Hunter Henry for this year either could be huge for his fantasy production.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2018/7 ... s-chargers

Here is the over/under on his 2018 production. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Keenan is a huge buy for me. I don't know why some people are ranking AJ Green and/or Julio above Keenan this season.

That late season run by the Chargers (6-1 in the final 7 games of the regular season) was due in large part to Keenan's performances. In those last 7 games he averaged:
11.3 targets
8.3 receptions
113.9 yards
and 5 TD in those final 7 games
What's good for Keenan is good for the Chargers.

Combine that with the fact that he's only 26 and he's a possession receiver that will age well. After he loses a step or two he'll dominate in the slot in his 30's like Fitzgerald.

His only limitations this season are the obvious injury scare and also the not-so obvious threat of being on a dominant team. The Chargers are one of the better AFC teams and their schedule is fairly easy. They've got a solid defense that can end games by the 3rd quarter. Garbage points won't be available most of the year and the Chargers could decide to run it more in the second half.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pmHis only limitations this season are the obvious injury scare and also the not-so obvious threat of being on a dominant team. The Chargers are one of the better AFC teams and their schedule is fairly easy. They've got a solid defense that can end games by the 3rd quarter. Garbage points won't be available most of the year and the Chargers could decide to run it more in the second half.
Now that's a subject that should be researched.

Is it better for WRs stats to be on a bad team for the garbage time points, or on a dominant team for the higher team scoring?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:49 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pm Keenan is a huge buy for me. I don't know why some people are ranking AJ Green and/or Julio above Keenan this season.

That late season run by the Chargers (6-1 in the final 7 games of the regular season) was due in large part to Keenan's performances. In those last 7 games he averaged:
11.3 targets
8.3 receptions
113.9 yards
and 5 TD in those final 7 games
What's good for Keenan is good for the Chargers.

Combine that with the fact that he's only 26 and he's a possession receiver that will age well. After he loses a step or two he'll dominate in the slot in his 30's like Fitzgerald.

His only limitations this season are the obvious injury scare and also the not-so obvious threat of being on a dominant team. The Chargers are one of the better AFC teams and their schedule is fairly easy. They've got a solid defense that can end games by the 3rd quarter. Garbage points won't be available most of the year and the Chargers could decide to run it more in the second half.
Not sure that will be the case. Fitz is historically good at his age. I don't think Allen can match those numbers, Fitz is putting up now what Keenan has only done once in his prime.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:51 pm

loveeee keenan wish i owned a share of keenan but somehow i dont have any. been trying to buy everywhere but his price is just too high right now. hes deff a buy high candidate right now as opposed to julio who is a buy low as it seems. I would rank Keenan in the top 5 wr's tho...

Odell
Hopkins
Mike Thomas
Keenan Allen
Davante Adams

Julio is my number 6 wr but there is a HUGE price diff from keenan to julio in my leagues.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:28 pm

mike williams is meh....buy allen. when healthy he has proven to be the go to guy. i could see a few years of allen being #1 or top few as rivers winds down.

there isnt much of a scenario where i see him as a sell. he's a buy or hold.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:09 pm

playa_hata wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:51 pm loveeee keenan wish i owned a share of keenan but somehow i dont have any. been trying to buy everywhere but his price is just too high right now. hes deff a buy high candidate right now as opposed to julio who is a buy low as it seems. I would rank Keenan in the top 5 wr's tho...

Odell
Hopkins
Mike Thomas
Keenan Allen
Davante Adams

Julio is my number 6 wr but there is a HUGE price diff from keenan to julio in my leagues.
Funny, I had Allen really high as a rookie, more than most, but I think he's maxed out. I sold him in the one league I had him in, I picked up an orphan, and sold him. I don't like paying premium for guys who don't have a hight TD upside, and aren't playmakers for some reason. Landry etc. aren'yt guys I look to acquire for the price you have to pay. Not saying it's right or wrong, I just don't want an "elite" WR that can't make big plays consistently. I want that as part of their game. I think we've seen Allen's ceiling, and it's high, but I don't see him as a guy who is going to be elite for an extended period of time. I could totally be wrong, but for me he's a hold or sell. I don't want to buy at the current price.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 am

I wouldn't hate on anyone trying to sell Allen and I would't hate on anyone trying to buy him. I think he'll be locked in as a top 10 WR easily with Rivers for the next 2 years. He's in the twilight of his career. That 26-28 years old sweet spot. 2018 specifically, with no TE target, I think he could easily have a top 5 2018. So if you are trying to sell him I think you have to stomach the fact that he balls out this year and probably next.