Lets predict the 2018 awards

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Napoleon004
Role Player
Role Player

Lets predict the 2018 awards

Postby Napoleon004 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am

2018 MVP: Zeke ... Full healthy offseason, no pending suspension. Dallas lost Dez and Witten with no legitimate WR1 to take those targets. It going to be the Zeke show early and often in big D. Honorable mention: Nuk should go nuts if Watson stays upright for 16.

2018 Biggest Bust: Allen Robinson ... top 24 adp but coming off an ACL and onto a run first team with a qb who still has to prove he can support a WR1. Chi also has to play the seahawks, cardinals, patriots, and rams. Yuck. Honorable mention: Sammy Watkins ... adp around 40 yet he's no better than 4th in line for targets behind Tyreek, Hunt, and Kelce.

2018 Biggest Breakout Star: Joe Mixon ... its his backfield and they added some Oline help. He's big, he's fast, and he's going to eat. Honorable mention: Sony Michel ... he was my rookie rb2 so I have to stick with him despite the landing spot. If NE took him in the 1st I'd like to think they're going to use him.

2018 Comeback player: Josh Gordon ... they added Landry to eat coverage in the middle of the field and a few decent rbs. He looks to have his head in the right place now so lets see if he can put it all together. I'm betting he can. Honorable mention: TY Hilton ... Luck comes back and TY does what he did 2 years ago.

2017 Shoulda sold: McCoy and I even thought this before the new allegations. Julio and AJG. Dont get me wrong, these guys are still going to put up numbers this year but they both have ADP in the top 20 still. Sell now while you can before they enter Dez/Jordy territory. Honorable mention: Sammy Watkins ... see biggest bust blurb

Lets see what you all got ... time to plant your flag!
8-)

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Lets predict the 2018 awards

Postby jdomer2403 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm

2018 MVP: Leveon Bell
2018 Biggest Bust: Jerick Mckinnon
2018 Biggest Breakout Star: Dalvin Cook
2018 Comeback player: Aaron Rodgers
2017 Shoulda sold: Marlon Mack

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:15 pm

2018 MVP: Antonio Brown
2018 Biggest Bust: Jerick Mckinnon
2018 Biggest Breakout Star: Corey Davis
2018 Comeback player: David Johnson
2017 Shoulda sold: Evan Engram
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Homer picks...

2018 MVP: Davante Adams - Rodgers' favorite target; he'll put up 6 TDs in the fantasy playoffs (Falcons, Bears, Jets) carrying teams to the 'ship
2018 Biggest Bust: Brandin Cooks - He'll finish outside of the top 30 WR; not only will they spread the ball around similar to last year, I think they'll run more with their stellar D
2018 Biggest Breakout Star: Deshaun Watson - maybe not as dominate as his stretch last year, but he'll consistently put up numbers to cement himself as a top 5 QB
2018 Comeback player: Aaron Rodgers - NFL MVP year, mid-40's TDs
2018 Rookie of the year: Ronald Jones - he'll edge out Barkley barely in total points with the same amount of touches
2017 Shoulda sold: Jarvis Landry - Not because it's the Browns, but because Josh Gordon is the man
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 pm

2018 MVP: Kennan Allen
2018 Biggest Bust: Rashaad Penny
2018 Biggest Breakout: Derrius Guice
2018 Comeback Player: Randall Cobb
2017 Shoulda Sold: Devante Adams

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm

MVP - Kamara
Bust - Fournette
Breakout - Brice Butler
Comeback - Arob
Shoulda Sold - Brandin Cooks

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm

2018 MVP- I agree with Zeke. I hate the dude and will probably never own him, but I can’t deny his talent, and the fact that he’s set up possibly for a MASSIVE workload this season. Honorable mention- OBJ hungry for a new contract and now has a viable RB game behind him for defenses to worry about. Gonna thrive on some play action, he’s primed for a monster year as well.

2018 Biggest Bust- Joe Mixon. I don’t necessarily think he’s gonna be terrible, and will probably make for a decent flex play, low RB2. But I think that O-Line is still not a strength like some imply. Improved sure, but that’s not hard from where it was. Also I think Gio eats into his role a little more than most seem to think as well, esp the PPR. And finally I just don’t think he’s as uber talented as some do.
Honorable mention- Amari Cooper. There are excuses and reasons you can give me for it, but after what I saw from him on the field last year, I’m out.

2018 Biggest breakout star- D. Foreman. Watson is going to have that offense humming. I think Foreman eventually beats out Miller for majority work by the time fantasy playoffs role around, and will help a lot of teams at the push.
Honorable mention- Corey Davis reminds people why he was so highly ranked on rookie boards last year.

Comeback player- OBJ for all the reasons I have him as MVP honorable mention
Honorable mention- David Johnson. I don’t expect the offense to be that great in real life. But with his talent rushing and receiving, and armed with a workhorse 3 down load, he should be just fine fantasy wise.

Shoulda sold- Barkley. Only because I don’t think any rookie that never has stepped foot on an NFL field should command the types of prices he does.
Honorable mention- Mixon. Huge value and my biggest bust candidate, so has to be him here

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm

How is anyone predicting anyone but OBJ for comeback?

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm 2018 MVP- I agree with Zeke. I hate the dude and will probably never own him, but I can’t deny his talent, and the fact that he’s set up possibly for a MASSIVE workload this season. Honorable mention- OBJ hungry for a new contract and now has a viable RB game behind him for defenses to worry about. Gonna thrive on some play action, he’s primed for a monster year as well.

2018 Biggest Bust- Joe Mixon. I don’t necessarily think he’s gonna be terrible, and will probably make for a decent flex play, low RB2. But I think that O-Line is still not a strength like some imply. Improved sure, but that’s not hard from where it was. Also I think Gio eats into his role a little more than most seem to think as well, esp the PPR. And finally I just don’t think he’s as uber talented as some do.
Honorable mention- Amari Cooper. There are excuses and reasons you can give me for it, but after what I saw from him on the field last year, I’m out.

2018 Biggest breakout star- D. Foreman. Watson is going to have that offense humming. I think Foreman eventually beats out Miller for majority work by the time fantasy playoffs role around, and will help a lot of teams at the push.
Honorable mention- Corey Davis reminds people why he was so highly ranked on rookie boards last year.

Comeback player- OBJ for all the reasons I have him as MVP honorable mention
Honorable mention- David Johnson. I don’t expect the offense to be that great in real life. But with his talent rushing and receiving, and armed with a workhorse 3 down load, he should be just fine fantasy wise.

Shoulda sold- Barkley. Only because I don’t think any rookie that never has stepped foot on an NFL field should command the types of prices he does.
Honorable mention- Mixon. Huge value and my biggest bust candidate, so has to be him here
I like your list with the exception of foreman. I’m not even sure he will play at all this year, and if he does it won’t be pretty. It’s probably best for him and his value in real life and in fantasy if he sits the year out. That makes Miller the most undervalued player for me.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 pm

MVP - Nuk
Bust - Bell
Breakout - Treadwell
Comeback - OBJ
Shoulda Sold - Dalvin
ROTY - Guice
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 pm

spotxc wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 pm 2018 MVP: Kennan Allen
Penny a bust and Guice a breakout? Careful FantasyFreak will be after you!

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm How is anyone predicting anyone but OBJ for comeback?
David Johnson... Aaron Rodgers...Odell Beckham Jr etc are all good but obvious answers on paper.

I’d be more curious to hear some dark horse candidates!

MVP: Todd Gurley - Creative offensive, incredible defense. What about his talent+situation combination can be beat on paper right now? Alvin Kamara could be a sneaky PPR dark horse.

Bust: Tyreek Hill - More to do with Kelce/Hunt + me being higher on Watkins than most these days. I wouldn’t say bust, but I have a feeling he might underperform his ADP (also wouldn’t be surprised if he blows it away, but I’m not buying at top 15 prices)

Comeback: David Johnson. The positional advantage he can provide is huge. TY Hilton as a value if the Indy offense has a bit of Luck this year.

Breakout: Stefon Diggs and Corey Davis at WR, Joe Mixon at RB. + Which of the 2017 TEs takes a step forward in year 2? Don’t forget how highly touted they are just because they had quiet rookie years; everyone is always aware of it, but like clockwork the majority of dynasty owners lose excitement after year 1 even though they drafted the TEs saying they would be patient. Give me some OJHoward shares and a few—now cheap—dart throws at the Jonnu/Shaheen/Everett/etc tier.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 pm
spotxc wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 pm 2018 MVP: Kennan Allen
Penny a bust and Guice a breakout? Careful FantasyFreak will be after you!
LOL. Not going to bother anymore, it doesn't change anything, I already know the Guice love around here is too much to combat. We'll let the players will do the talking on the field. My boys Gil Brandt and Joel Klatt have my back, anyways.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:08 pm

MVP Zeke
2018 Biggest Bust: Adam Thielen
2018 Breakout: Devin Funchess
2018 comeback player: Amari Cooper
2017 Should have sold: Lesean McCoy/Jarvis Landry
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick