All Pro

Re: Lets predict the 2018 awards

Postby honcho55 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:05 pm

MVP Wentz
Fantasy MVP zeke
Bust: vet- drake, rookie- Kerryon
Comeback (Rodgers obj Dj are too easy): Evans
Breakout: Hill
Shoulda sold: Julio/AJG/ and maybe even Brown!

Notes on above picks: zeke, well he’s a popular pick in this thread and I love it as I bought him this offseason. I made it two categories because as someone else said, qb will win mvp and no ones said Wentzy yet.

Bust, I don’t dislike drake, but Miami looks like they might run for worst offense next year. Kerryon? I don’t trust the lions to be effective with an RB, AND it’s crowded. Expectations are super high, I see rb3 numbers at best year one.

Comeback, like I say some guys are too easy. Evans maybe is too. I like him to return to studly WR1 dynasty status.

Breakout: hill. More of a guy feeling. I think he’s the next addition to the elite tier. Seen plenty arguments for and against. Dunno, taking a stab.

Shoulda sold: ajg/Julio/brown! I think they all have solid seasons. But I think ajg and Julio’s dynasty value never get back to where they are right now. If I’m an owner I’m selling for Keenan/Evans/Thomas etc. brown I mention because while he’s my redraft wr1 right now, I foresee a cliff. Roethlisbreger retiring, injury, age catching up. I fear if you don’t sell this year you might be holding on to a rich mans current Larry Fitzgerald values this time next year l. Which ain’t bad. But I can see teams where its time to sell now.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:09 am

MVP - Bell
Bust - Cooper
Comeback- OBJ/Luck (if he plays)
Breakout - Chris Hogan
Shoulda sold - AJG
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:28 am

mvp - Rodgers , fantasy mvp - Gurley
Bust - AROB
Comeback - Evans - I wont include injured players and evans averaged under 9 ppg in non ppr.
Breakout - Parker ( i looked at what people did ppg last year..couldnt pick hogan ..who was at 8.4 non ppr, so it was davis or parker.who had 5.6)
ROY- Barkley (darkhorse R. Freeman )
should have sold - AJG /Juio based on I think last year was the year to get top dollar for them. Now it will slowly go down.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 am

I also want to add Thielen to my should have sold list too.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am

MVP - Gurley
Bust - Barkley
Breakout - Godwin
Comeback - Anderson
Shoulda Sold - Beckham
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:08 pm

MVP (assumed to be fantasy MVP): Le'Veon Bell - Assuming all things equal for health, Bell is the best RB in the league and in a productive offense. He can beat you on the ground and in the air. He's going to get the workload before the Steelers get to choose about his future. His pass game work and the teams overall offensive ability put him ahead of Zeke, as Dallas will see offensive production dip and a focus on the run game by defenses. I also consider the RB position premier compared to WR, otherwise AB is unrivaled.

Biggest Bust: Dalvin Cook - I considered Kareem Hunt (@ ADP 12), but Dalvin at #14 ultimately gets the nod considering we have seen even less of him and because Murray could still end up taking away the money touches in the redzone. Dalvin has 3.5 games of 'proven-ness' for those concerned with Saquon, and a much longer history of injury, less athletic ability to stand on, and more risks to be an idiot. I think he's solid, but if you're banking on a RB1, I see more risk than those ahead of him.

Comeback Player: TY Hilton - OBJ and David Johnson are the obvious, elite talents that are being drafted at the top of the line. People expect the elite. TY Hilton has been dropped down the totem pole and still contains skepticism for many. With the lack of other options in the pass game, his history of performance, and lower ADP, if Luck is back and rolling, Hilton could provide the better value that could win people multiple weeks, including the ones that count. He is a lot less projection than Josh Gordon staying healthy and returning to his form of 5 years ago and being supported by Tyrod/Baker on a team that should also be in more games. The Colts will be trailing early and often.

Breakout Player: Lamar Jackson - If he plays, people will salivate. If he doesn't, people will salivate for 2019. That said, I think it's likely that Lamar hits the field at some point as the Ravens look for a spark for their team given they will be average/mediocre and Flacco is not the answer. Simply put, if he plays, he will spark excitement and his legs will bring him to QB1 territory. I don't think he can put up the passing TDs we saw in Watson's short audition, but Watson certainly helps pave the path of what Lamar could bring. I'll note that I believe in Corey Davis as well, though am unsure if Mariota will be able to support him.

Shoulda Sold: Josh Gordon - Just when I think people can't forget the past, his ADP shoots up once again. People are suckers for punishment. Some have been waiting 5 years, some less, but between his off field risk, the other weapons, and the fact he hasn't been the same on the field since that amazing (yes, amazing) season, it astonishes me that people are willing to still invest at the level they are. I underestimate the short memory / high risk tolerance of people, but think the odds are in favor that he either messes up again (and gets suspended) or simply disappoints from what people remember, and end up with lots of regret.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:52 pm

MVP: Zeke
Bust: Sammy
Comeback: OBJ
Breakout: Mixon and Diggs
Should Have Sold: Fournette
Bought: Lamar Miller
Bold Prediction: Albert Wilson leads Dolphins in receiving