Demarco Murray

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Demarco Murray

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm looking for general thoughts on him at this stage of his career. I know he was running hurt much of the year last year, which can partially account for that low efficiency. He's still a decent all-usage weapon, though, with decent running, pass blocking, and receiving skills. He's even the type that can throw with some accuracy if you want to toss in that occasional trickery. His versatility could still be useful to a team, as he doesn't give a strong tell to the defense as to what's coming.

I'm curious about this recent comment from Murray:
“I’ve had a lot of discussions with four or five teams that I feel will be a great fit for me,” Murray said. “It’s all about being transparent and, for me, I’m not looking to lead the league in rushing yards. Obviously I would work and do everything to give me the opportunity to do that, but it’s all about having an opportunity to get to the playoffs and have an opportunity to win a championship.”

If that's true...what the heck is he doing refusing to work out for the Saints, while he auditions for the Seahawks, Lions, and Dolphins!? Is he just changing his tune now that he sees the workhorse opportunities have looked elsewhere?

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: Demarco Murray

Postby kamihamster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 pm

maybe it's some combo of the two. he wants a chance to be the lead back but also wants to be on a winning team. or it could be none of the above and it's all about the money. he's waiting for injuries to strike so that he can come in and get paid.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that an NFL player, any NFL player, doesn't have a massive ego. While they can talk about being a contributor and a good teammate, at the end of the day someone like Murray who has been a lead back pretty much his entire career is going to desire that role over that of a lesser one. Teams like Miami and Detroit offer him that opportunity while New Orleans does not.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:45 pm

skip wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:39 pm Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that an NFL player, any NFL player, doesn't have a massive ego. While they can talk about being a contributor and a good teammate, at the end of the day someone like Murray who has been a lead back pretty much his entire career is going to desire that role over that of a lesser one. Teams like Miami and Detroit offer him that opportunity while New Orleans does not.
:think:
Do you think Murray can beat out Ameer Abdullah for the starter role ?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:54 pm

He's player-speaking. He means that he recognizes that he isn't going to get 20+ carries every week, but he wants a shot to be the first-string RB.

Hence no NO.

As for "win a championship", what's he going to say? "I only want to play on crappy teams with crappy players so that I have a better chance of getting carries?" :)
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:50 pm

I think it’s more just an example of the new NFL. Why pay a veteran RB good money when you can draft them young for cheaper, aside from a handful of guys it’s the most replaceable position on the offense. Murray’s probably going to have to lower his expectations, or hope for a perfect storm of good team, major RB injury(s), and money to burn.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:47 pm

I bet the Bills give him a call here in about 2 weeks
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 am

cant wait for him to sign, i dont think hes done at all. find it funny people say hes toast when hes a season removed from being one of the best backs in the league. injuries happen, and they happened to him last season. i would think he is at least as capable as marshawn was coming off his mini retirement.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 am

I don't think his quote is inconsistent with not wanting to play for the Saints. With the Saints he has a role for 4 weeks and then is likely cut or left off the active roster once Ingram returns. That scenario is a lot different than being a committee back all year long for another team.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 am

keebs3 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:47 pm I bet the Bills give him a call here in about 2 weeks
YeaH keebs🤞

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 am

Marshawn Lynch was pulled out of retirement to become a starter but Ryan Mathews was untouchable. Good luck figuring out which side of the fence Murray falls on.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:05 am

He's waiting until injuries strike and then he'll capitalize on a desperate team. Smart guy
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 am I don't think his quote is inconsistent with not wanting to play for the Saints. With the Saints he has a role for 4 weeks and then is likely cut or left off the active roster once Ingram returns. That scenario is a lot different than being a committee back all year long for another team.
That's my take too - at saints he'd only be signing as a 4-game rental during Ingram's suspension. And whilst he probably backs himself to be better than Ingram, realises he wouldn't get enough touches with Kamara there to really prove he's any better and worth keeping.

Given he did look a bit injured most of last year, does it not speak either of how highly the coaches actually thought of his around ability (or maybe just pass pro) that Henry still couldn't take over the gig?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 am ...
Given he did look a bit injured most of last year, does it not speak either of how highly the coaches actually thought of his around ability (or maybe just pass pro) that Henry still couldn't take over the gig?
I’ve had the same thought. That or it speaks to how little the coaches thought of Henry in passing situations...backed up by dishing out money for Lewis.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am

CURVEBALL! He's retiring from the NFL per Adam Schefter
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR