Other than Barkley which rookie RB can win you the most weeks (Poll)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which rookie RB will win you the most weeks

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Guice
27%
Penny
18%
Chubb
4%
Michel
26%
Rojo
13%
Other
6%
none
6%

Total votes: 89

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Other than Barkley which rookie RB can win you the most weeks (Poll)

Postby RAB » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:28 pm

This is not a discussion about where these players are drafted or which player is the best. Its about which RB (if any) do you think has the most ability and the best situation to win you the most weeks in your league (ala Todd Gurley). I'm gonna assume most people will say Barkley so I'm not including him on the list. Other than Barkley......
Last edited by RAB on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Which rookie RB can win you the most weeks (Poll)

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Barkley

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:57 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pmBarkley
AAAHHHH yes. I meant to say other than Barkley. Thats why I didn't list him. I'll see if I can fix that.
TEAM 1
2019 Champion
2020 Champion

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Just edit the title to say "excluding SB ". :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Ya you listed OTHER as an option but said nothing about excluding Barkley lol. Excluding Barkley I vote Guice.

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:03 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:59 pm Just edit the title to say "excluding SB ". :)
Done! Thanks!
TEAM 1
2019 Champion
2020 Champion

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Other than Barkley which rookie RB can win you the most weeks (Poll)

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm

I voted Rojo - if only because of his home run hitting ability. Those players that hit those monster single plays can win you weeks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm I voted Rojo - if only because of his home run hitting ability. Those players that hit those monster single plays can win you weeks.
I wanted to vote Michel due to being in the best offense, but Belicheck and rookies worry me, so I voted Penny for the same reason you voted Rojo. I figured he'd get more touches as well. The Poll was up pre-Barkley, or I would change my vote to Saquon.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm I voted Rojo - if only because of his home run hitting ability. Those players that hit those monster single plays can win you weeks.
I agree, the homerun hitter gets this vote. I am also assuming this is for the upcoming season only. Long term I may have voted differently, maybe Chubb.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:53 pm

I voted none. Overall this should be a decent group. A couple of them will tank completely. For 2018, I don't see any difference makers with the ability to win a week for a team. Come 2019, Nick Chubb.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Other vote here. Royce Freeman is in a pretty good offense

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 pm

I voted Rojo because he can go the distance any play, and he should see a good volume of opportunity.

A very close runner up is penny. Fast and heavy with good vision and patience and a work horse load to boot.

Tbh kind of changed my mind writing this.. but both are the top of my list.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:53 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 pm I voted Rojo because he can go the distance any play, and he should see a good volume of opportunity.

A very close runner up is penny. Fast and heavy with good vision and patience and a work horse load to boot.

Agree but don't. One of the reason I was became so high on Penny throughout the process is he has the game breaking ability, more than Rojo does. More big plays, more speed. The numbers in the 40 suggest it, as dos the tape and stats. I find it hard to believe Rojo is an every down player at the NFL level. So give me the guy who has even more explosive plays and is on the field more.

* Still would have voted Barkley had it been an option at the time. Penny is the 2nd best back in this class (overall skill set) next to Saquon, but that was not an option.

Little shout out to a guy who pegged quite a few prior to the process. (Vita Via being a top 15 pick etc)

https://youtu.be/HudNZ_xoudI?t=9m44s

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:53 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 pm I voted Rojo because he can go the distance any play, and he should see a good volume of opportunity.

Agree but don't. One of the reason I was became so high on Penny throughout the process is he has the game breaking ability, more than Rojo does. More big plays, more speed. The numbers in the 40 suggest it, as dos the tape and stats. I find it hard to believe Rojo is an every down player at the NFL level. So give me the guy who has even more explosive plays and is on the field more.

* Still would have voted Barkley had it been an option at the time. Penny is the 2nd best back in this class (overall skill set) next to Saquon, but that was not an option.

Little shout out to a guy who pegged quite a few prior to the process. (Vita Via being a top 15 pick etc)

https://youtu.be/HudNZ_xoudI?t=9m44s

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Sorry about the double post! Might as well make use of it it. Guice's vision is a bit suspect, although I do admit he has great balance after contact. I think he may struggle somewhat early, before finding his feet as the 2 down lead back, I think he's an above average starting RB in this league, but a 2 down starter, and that's why I can't vote for him in this pole.

Michel should get plenty of quality touches, but I just don't know with that Pats offense. He could be a really good start some weeks, and a dud others, it's tough to predict how the will use him.

To this specific poll, there are 3 or 4 (if you include Jones, I don't) who pose serious 3 down capability this year. Barkley, Penny, and Michel. Those are the 3 IMO that should be commanding this vote, but the Guice hype is real. Again, like him a lot as two down back, but not many guys walk into a two down role and win you a ton of weeks against a 3 down player, which Barkley, Penny, and potentially Michel have the chance to do this year. Elliott is an outlier. An elite top 4 prospect, with an elite OL and a QB they wanted to protect with a running game. Guice has none of these things going for him, so I will take Barkley, Penny or Michel over him this year as a potential to win more weeks for your team, assuming it's PPR of course.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.