Stats/Facts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Stats/Facts

Postby _yeti » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Just ran across this surprising one on an article about darkhorse candidates for stats leaders of 2018:
Receiving Yards – Keelan Cole (JAX)

Before you just skip this one because it seems to (sic) absurd, please hear me out. This one is actually really simple. In the final four weeks of the season, Cole had led the NFL in receiving yards. You might say it is a small sample size, and sure, that is true, but then what do you do with the fact that these are the only receivers with a four-game stretch of 442 or more yards?

DeAndre Hopkins (WR #1)
Antonio Brown (WR #2)
Keenan Allen (WR #3)
Tyreek Hill (WR #4)
Julio Jones (WR #6)
Keelan Cole (rookie!)

With Cole starting the entire season, he has a chance to continue the way he ended last season. Oh, by the way, he is free in your fantasy drafts. He’s got the athleticism, has no top-tier, or even second-tier wideout in his way, and plays for an offense that was second in the AFC in scoring last season.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm Just ran across this surprising one on an article about darkhorse candidates for stats leaders of 2018:

Before you just skip this one because it seems to (sic) absurd, please hear me out. This one is actually really simple. In the final four weeks of the season, Cole had led the NFL in receiving yards. You might say it is a small sample size, and sure, that is true, but then what do you do with the fact that these are the only receivers with a four-game stretch of 442 or more yards?

DeAndre Hopkins (WR #1)
Antonio Brown (WR #2)
Keenan Allen (WR #3)
Tyreek Hill (WR #4)
Julio Jones (WR #6)
Keelan Cole (rookie!)

With Cole starting the entire season, he has a chance to continue the way he ended last season. Oh, by the way, he is free in your fantasy drafts. He’s got the athleticism, has no top-tier, or even second-tier wideout in his way, and plays for an offense that was second in the AFC in scoring last season.
I assume you mean "only receivers with a four game stretch of 442 yards or more in 2018". At first, I thought it might only be active guys because I didn't even have to look to know Calvin, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss & Terrell Owens have almost certainly each done this. Then I checked just one guy, Jordy Nelson, and he did it in 2014, so it's not even just active guys. Given the obscure cutoff number and the fact that it's specific to one year, I'm not sure it means much of anything.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:18 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01 pm
_yeti wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm Just ran across this surprising one on an article about darkhorse candidates for stats leaders of 2018:

DeAndre Hopkins (WR #1)
Antonio Brown (WR #2)
Keenan Allen (WR #3)
Tyreek Hill (WR #4)
Julio Jones (WR #6)
Keelan Cole (rookie!)

I assume you mean "only receivers with a four game stretch of 442 yards or more in 2018". At first, I thought it might only be active guys because I didn't even have to look to know Calvin, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss & Terrell Owens have almost certainly each done this. Then I checked just one guy, Jordy Nelson, and he did it in 2014, so it's not even just active guys. Given the obscure cutoff number and the fact that it's specific to one year, I'm not sure it means much of anything.
Wait, you mean Keelan Cole might NOT be a Hall of Famer?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:53 pm

floz00 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:53 pmSame 40 WR's as listed above; here are catch percentages across their first 2 seasons:

3. Kenny Stills: 71.4%

4. Jarvis Landry: 69.8%
Comparing these two WRs' catch percentage is so surprising it seems to cast doubt on all these stats. If correct, one of these two WRs could be grossly mis-valued.

Perhaps this is a reflection of Stills having Brees while Landry had Tannehill? You'd think the depth of targets would account/cover for that.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:15 am

DeAndre Hopkins (WR #1)
Antonio Brown (WR #2)
Keenan Allen (WR #3)
Tyreek Hill (WR #4)
Julio Jones (WR #6)
Keelan Cole (rookie!)

I did think the writer was kind of bush league haha.
https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/07/dar ... l-leaders/

It's not what I mean, it was an article. I didn't put much critical thought into it and just reshared it but yes I think he cultivates the idea that they are the only people to have ever done it. Also was a redraft article, not a very good one. I think I just saw the way he bracketed out the company Cole was in and shared and moved on.

Only own Cole in one league, not necessarily buying him or what this is selling. I guess he is saying that if he had that in a small sample, what if he did that all year (impossible lol).

Do think he has as much chance as anyone to lead that group though (though I wouldn't go on a limb trying to predict how it will play out).
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:44 am

_yeti wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:15 am

I did think the writer was kind of bush league haha.
https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/07/dar ... l-leaders/

It's not what I mean, it was an article. I didn't put much critical thought into it and just reshared it but yes I think he cultivates the idea that they are the only people to have ever done it. Also was a redraft article, not a very good one. I think I just saw the way he bracketed out the company Cole was in and shared and moved on.

Only own Cole in one league, not necessarily buying him or what this is selling. I guess he is saying that if he had that in a small sample, what if he did that all year (impossible lol).

Do think he has as much chance as anyone to lead that group though (though I wouldn't go on a limb trying to predict how it will play out).

You know I want to buy into him, but I just don't view BB as a prolific passer to support, ASJ, Cole, DD, and recently Chark, on what is suppose to be a run first team.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 am

There are three players that have finished all of the last 4 seasons in the top 20 in total yards from scrimmage:
  • Antonio Brown (WR, Age: 29, ADP: 8)
  • Julio Jones (WR, Age: 29, ADP: 13)
  • Lamar Miller (RB, Age: 27, ADP: 72)
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th