Jameis Winston suspension?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jameis Winston suspension?

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 am

If you're the Bucs, you have to keep rolling Fitz at least until he has a horrid game or 2 bad ones right?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:25 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 am If you're the Bucs, you have to keep rolling Fitz at least until he has a horrid game or 2 bad ones right?
I think he's earned himself a leash that allows for 2 really bad games, yes.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 am I do not know TB well enough - but imo - Winston seems very popular in the TB Locker room - so if they do keep Fitzpatrick as the starter they are going to have to lay the groundwork slowly - which could be what part of all this talk coming out is. If they are 3-0, and the groundwork is laid properly they can say "Winston is still the future of our Franchise but Fitzpatrick is on a roll and we want to go with the hot hand" and not lose the locker room. Because there is no point in keeping Winston on the bench if it cost them the players mindset.
I see the total opposite of this and ive heard the opposite as well. For instance the team was not engaged in that awful "Eat a W" speech last season, and from what ive heard they view him as an extremely strange socially awkward guy and a clown. His play last season also didnt help. I believe there is no chance he starts week 4, as a winston owner its annoying, (even tho i have Fitz) as an Oj Howard owner however Fitz is great. Winston is to in sync with Brate and id rather not have him Qbing to be honest for those reasons.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 am
I see the total opposite of this and ive heard the opposite as well. For instance the team was not engaged in that awful "Eat a W" speech last season
"not engaged"--dude, you saw the same 10 second video we all did. Everyone--including Winston--knew it was awkward afterward. But you, in particular, probably have the least amount of context to be able to say how "engaged" they were.
and from what ive heard they view him as an extremely strange socially awkward guy and a clown.

"What I've heard" is super vague. This is actually the *opposite* of how Winston has been reported on and talked about ever since joining the team.
His play last season also didnt help.
Last season was statistically his best season to date and he played several games injured, so I'm not sure how much credit to give this opinion.
I believe there is no chance he starts week 4
Agree. Fitzmagic has earned himself a couple of weeks
as a winston owner its annoying, (even tho i have Fitz) as an Oj Howard owner however Fitz is great. Winston is to in sync with Brate and id rather not have him Qbing to be honest for those reasons.
So because you own Howard you'd rather Fitz stay in at QB... nice unbiased opinion there :P

Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Metriculous » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:58 am

Ok lets talk reality.

We are now the Buc's management. We have a young QB that may be our franchise QB coming back from suspension. We have to make a contract decision on him VERY SOON that will basically decide the fate of our franchise for the next 10 years.

Can we make that decision without seeing his development on the field? No.....

Can we tie our franchise's future to a 36 year old journeyman QB? No..... (Bills learned his lesson the hard way years ago with a younger Fitz)

So regardless of what Fitz does, Jameis plays.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.

(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 pm

I suspect Tampa already knows what they plan to do with Winston. I don't think another year of the same is helpful - why not keep Fitzpatrick in as long as he's making the team competitive.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 pm

skip wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 pm I suspect Tampa already knows what they plan to do with Winston. I don't think another year of the same is helpful - why not keep Fitzpatrick in as long as he's making the team competitive.
Haven't they already exercised a 5th year option on Winston? Aren't they locked in until 2020?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

They have - but 5th year options are kind of strange as they are guaranteed for injury only so they could theoretically move on from him.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:41 pm

If this Bears offense keeps developing, basically Trubisky, to pair with that vicious D, move over A-Aron.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:37 am

Interesting quote from Desean Jackson today about how the team "needs to roll with the hot hand". I just find it interesting a teammate is saying that. I think this locker room has totally lost confidence in Jameis, the writing is on the wall. Fitzpatrick is def not the future but there is no way Winston gets his job back for a few more weeks, if ever.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 am
I see the total opposite of this and ive heard the opposite as well. For instance the team was not engaged in that awful "Eat a W" speech last season
"not engaged"--dude, you saw the same 10 second video we all did. Everyone--including Winston--knew it was awkward afterward. But you, in particular, probably have the least amount of context to be able to say how "engaged" they were.
and from what ive heard they view him as an extremely strange socially awkward guy and a clown.

"What I've heard" is super vague. This is actually the *opposite* of how Winston has been reported on and talked about ever since joining the team.
His play last season also didnt help.
Last season was statistically his best season to date and he played several games injured, so I'm not sure how much credit to give this opinion.
I believe there is no chance he starts week 4
Agree. Fitzmagic has earned himself a couple of weeks
as a winston owner its annoying, (even tho i have Fitz) as an Oj Howard owner however Fitz is great. Winston is to in sync with Brate and id rather not have him Qbing to be honest for those reasons.
So because you own Howard you'd rather Fitz stay in at QB... nice unbiased opinion there :P
Don't really see a problem with any of my points here and from everything the team is saying they are not too happy with Jameis either. Djax even said they have to roll with the hot hand, I just find it funny a teammate would say that when Winston is so "loved" according to you. I mean I made it clear I own Jameis so of course I want him to succeed as my younger qb BUT I also want Howard to succeed and he does better with Fitzpatrick. Not sure how its a bad thing I want a player on my team to succeed.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:37 am Interesting quote from Desean Jackson today about how the team "needs to roll with the hot hand". I just find it interesting a teammate is saying that. I think this locker room has totally lost confidence in Jameis, the writing is on the wall. Fitzpatrick is def not the future but there is no way Winston gets his job back for a few more weeks, if ever.
Fitzpatrick is throwing for 400 yards and 4 tds' a game. I'm not the biggest Jameis fan but this has little to do with Winston.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:51 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:37 am Interesting quote from Desean Jackson today about how the team "needs to roll with the hot hand". I just find it interesting a teammate is saying that. I think this locker room has totally lost confidence in Jameis, the writing is on the wall. Fitzpatrick is def not the future but there is no way Winston gets his job back for a few more weeks, if ever.
Fitzpatrick is throwing for 400 yards and 4 tds' a game. I'm not the biggest Jameis fan but this has little to do with Winston.
I own Winston but the guy is a clown and has been since his college days. Hopefully this motivates him but as we have seen many players just don't change or get it. I don't have supreme confidence that he will either.

Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Metriculous » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 am

DJax said he wants to stick with Fitz? Really? I am shocked!

You mean the guy whose career was left for dead that needs deep ball accuracy would like the organization to stick with the QB who has better deep ball accuracy? I am shocked!!!

This is all so shocking!
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.

(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am

Metriculous wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 am DJax said he wants to stick with Fitz? Really? I am shocked!

You mean the guy whose career was left for dead that needs deep ball accuracy would like the organization to stick with the QB who has better deep ball accuracy? I am shocked!!!

This is all so shocking!
Ok but why make public comments like that if you "love" Winston so much? "Just say ya Ryan is playing great and we love it." Don't specifically say we need to keep him out there, at least not in a public setting.