Jameis Winston suspension?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jameis Winston suspension?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:09 pm

dm1129 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:42 pm There is a huge difference between a gunslinger like Favre who would turn the ball over because he thought his elite arm could beat any tight window of coverage to make a play and a QB who often cannot read defenses correctly and throws passes in error as a result. Winston also has a penchant for making absolutely horrible decisions when under pressure. He simply is not that good. The position of QB has a huge mental component and Winston is lacking. His judgement both on and off the field for years has shown this. It is not a one time isolated incident, it is a pattern which is very easy to see if owners are willing. The NFL front office sent out a very clear message of how it views Winston going forward. Any fantasy owners who do not take heed have no one to blame but themselves.
Yeah, I agree. I traded Winston for Carr straight up in a SF best ball orphan I took over for a lot of the points you make. I see Carr getting more an more into his "job" and despite the lack of productivity last year, I chalk that up to playing through a back injury, and an incompetent OC. He was close tom MVP level the year before, and had 60 TD's over a 2 year span with a competent OC, so I see no reason he doesn't come back stronger with a better staff and an obvious mind set dedicated towards his craft. Winston is the opposite, I feel he's lacking where it counts most, between the ears. I don't think he gets much better than what he is right now. I could be wrong, but it would take a major shift in attitude and he has just never shown good decision making on or off the field on aconsistent basis to this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:54 am
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:46 am I think there probably would be a QB controversy in Tampa if the Bucs emerge from Week 3 undefeated with Fitzmagic at the helm.

But what are the odds of that?
I would think Tampa would be hesitant to buy into a career journeyman after their experiment with McCown a few years back. Fitz is an excellent backup, but isn't consistent enough to be a starter. I'm also not sure how any legitimate scouting department could be placing Winston in RGIII territory already.
The comparison wasn't related to their skills but that the 5th year option is guaranteed for injury only. Hypothetically, Tampa could get out of the contract by not playing him. That's what Washington did- bench RG3 his 4th year to get out of the 5th year of the deal.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:43 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:41 am 3) bleep my Mike Evans shares apparently
Not really though. If anything Fitzpatrick relies on his no. 1 more and locks in on that guy. It wouldn't shock me if Evans averages more targets with Fitzpatrick than with Winston.
Well, Evans had a great week one. Now, there's talk Winston may not unseat Fitzpatrick when his suspension ends week 4.
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 am

I do not know TB well enough - but imo - Winston seems very popular in the TB Locker room - so if they do keep Fitzpatrick as the starter they are going to have to lay the groundwork slowly - which could be what part of all this talk coming out is. If they are 3-0, and the groundwork is laid properly they can say "Winston is still the future of our Franchise but Fitzpatrick is on a roll and we want to go with the hot hand" and not lose the locker room. Because there is no point in keeping Winston on the bench if it cost them the players mindset.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 am

Even if Tampa starts 3-0; I would be pretty surprised if they do not bring back Winston. Although, it may be week 5 with that Monday Nighter.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Fitzmagic again!!! But we all know how this ends, Fitz only has so many good games in him a year. Fun while it lasts though

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:49 pm

If Fitzpatrick is still performing like this when Winston gets off suspension, I guarantee Tampa will keep starting him.

That said, there's no way he stays this hot. Right? :eh:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm

...right?

I mean - we've all seen the Fitzmagic hot streaks.. but, it has never been THIS hot.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 am Even if Tampa starts 3-0; I would be pretty surprised if they do not bring back Winston. Although, it may be week 5 with that Monday Nighter.
Agree. We've seen this movie many times before with FitzMagic. He's good in small doses.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Dirk Koetter is coaching for his job this season. I think you have to milk this magic for as long as you possibly can.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 pm

If the bucs play Winston after this epic showing dudes in the bucs orginazation need to loose thier jobs. Winston has never ever looked or played this good while a buccaneer. Oh and btw the bucs get Pittsburgh next week. Doubt the fitzmagic train ends next week
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm

That beard is amazing.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm That beard is amazing.
Well Said! He is fun to watch.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:37 pm

That Jacket too, thought it was Conor McGregor for a second. I own Winston but would love to see more of Fitzmagic, always been a fan of his

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm ...right?

I mean - we've all seen the Fitzmagic hot streaks.. but, it has never been THIS hot.
This is a better team than the NY Jets though. And we had a glimpse of that in the pre-season. I concur with everyone else who has said he's always been good in short durations - but this is going to be interesting. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..