Jameis Winston suspension?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jameis Winston suspension?

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:00 pm

I never thought that it was a good idea to pull the hot hand after Winston came back from suspension.

For the record, I own neither Winston nor Fitzmagic; and don't care to own either.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:31 pm

dm1129 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 am Mainstream media is starting to recognize what has been apparent for a very long time.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... m=referral
I didnt know Bleacher Report was mainstream media? :surprised:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 pm

To the best of my knowledge, the 5th year option is only guaranteed if Winston is injured this season. If TB benches him for the remainder of the season, they could cut him in the offseason without taking a hit. If Winston does not start this week, then that may very well be the course that has been decided by the front office. In any case, it seems likley there are going to be a lot of changes with TB this offseason.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:36 pm Man I'm not the biggest Jameis guy, never was. But many Qb's have struggled with INT's early in their career. Not excusing any one game in particular of his, but man they ask him to do everything at a very young age. I get he's unlikable and the want to call him a bust is there, but go look at other Qb's early numbers and often they're not pretty.
This is where I am at too. It is easy to criticize him but he is also only 24 and has never had the benefit of even decent coaching.

There is plenty of time for him - starting Fitz seems odd because I have a hard time believing that the Bucs think they can contend unless they have now decided to just cut him after the year.

Honestly, a change of scenery might be best for both parties at this point.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:31 pm
dm1129 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 am Mainstream media is starting to recognize what has been apparent for a very long time.

What would you call it? It is well known nationwide outlet, it is not some obscure blog written by a Winston conspiracy theorist.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:51 pm

dm1129 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 pm To the best of my knowledge, the 5th year option is only guaranteed if Winston is injured this season. If TB benches him for the remainder of the season, they could cut him in the offseason without taking a hit. If Winston does not start this week, then that may very well be the course that has been decided by the front office. In any case, it seems likley there are going to be a lot of changes with TB this offseason.
Fitzpatrick has already been named the starter against the Panthers, Scott Smith of the Buccaneers' official site reports.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:52 pm

Deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by Wile E. Coyote on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:53 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:31 pm

It's owned by TBS. Of course, they're mainstream media.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:36 pm Man I'm not the biggest Jameis guy, never was. But many Qb's have struggled with INT's early in their career. Not excusing any one game in particular of his, but man they ask him to do everything at a very young age. I get he's unlikable and the want to call him a bust is there, but go look at other Qb's early numbers and often they're not pretty.
This is where I am at too. It is easy to criticize him but he is also only 24 and has never had the benefit of even decent coaching.

There is plenty of time for him - starting Fitz seems odd because I have a hard time believing that the Bucs think they can contend unless they have now decided to just cut him after the year.

Honestly, a change of scenery might be best for both parties at this point.
Starting Fitz isn’t odd because right now he gives the Bucs the best chance to win. Dirk understands he is fighting for his job right now.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm

To me mainstream media is like ABC / NBC / CNN / CBS / Fox / ESPN / NFL network - I guess I can see how it can be considered mainstream due to being owned by TBS but it definitely is not a site that I consider a priority to visit nor do I consider it a site that breaks sports news. Ergo my reaction.

I guess I classified BR like HBO (ie HBO is a speciality channel while NBC is a mainstream channel) or a news version of DLF / FBG/ Numberfire - as a secondary independat player and not a mainstream outlet that broke / carried the news but rather just copied what it got from other sources and had some analytical content *shrugs*. Might be because of where I live because I do not think BR is big in Canada. *shrugs*
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Jameis with the Giants in the future?????
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:46 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm To me mainstream media is like ABC / NBC / CNN / CBS / Fox / ESPN / NFL network - I guess I can see how it can be considered mainstream due to being owned by TBS but it definitely is not a site that I consider a priority to visit nor do I consider it a site that breaks sports news. Ergo my reaction.

I guess I classified BR like HBO (ie HBO is a speciality channel while NBC is a mainstream channel) or a news version of DLF / FBG/ Numberfire - as a secondary independat player and not a mainstream outlet that broke / carried the news but rather just copied what it got from other sources and had some analytical content *shrugs*. Might be because of where I live because I do not think BR is big in Canada. *shrugs*
"Mainstream" is probably much like you describe. That doesn't make them credible sources. Likewise not being part of the "mainstream" doesn't mean they aren't reporting the truth.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Being fixated on what is 'Mainstream' is pointless. The reason I mentioned that mainstream media are now coming to the conclusion that Winston is a bust is because they typically are late to the party for fear of taking a stance on anything a la every 'follow the herd' analyst on the networks. The point being is now it is not a huge leap to say Winston is a bust. This has been clear for some time and now even the herd is beginning to recognize this.

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm James with the Giants in the future?????
The NYC media would eat Winston like a bag full of Ws.

I’d rather see Kaep.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:31 pm

hankmurphy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm James with the Giants in the future?????
The NYC media would eat Winston like a bag full of Ws.

I’d rather see Kaep.
LOL. I think they'd probably eat him like some nice fresh Crabs Legs, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick