Devin Funchess

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Devin Funchess

Postby playa_hata » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

So after a break out year curious what everyones expectations are for Funchess this season and future seasons im sure opinions are going to be all over the board but I was honestly pretty high on him before they drafted dj moore but I still think he is going to be a legit wr 2. Drafting of DJ Moore deff hurt my share of Funchess' stock so hes looking more like a hold instead of what was a possibly sell high before the draft. What do you guys think of Funchess and would would you pay or sell for.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Devin Funchess

Postby honcho55 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm

I loved him in my WR3/flex spot before Caroline tipped their hand and spent a premium pick on moore. Still liked him, because A) maybe Moore was just so high they went best value, B) nfl teams need more than 1 solid receiver. I also was higher on samuels out of college but I dunno. I ended up selling funch and a 2019 1st for Alshon.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:53 pm

I sold my lone share of Funchess pre-draft in a package to get Evans. I personally think we've seen his ceiling, but I do think he has a chance to replicate similar numbers over the course of his career. I think he will be a steady WR3/flex for the majority of his career, with little upside beyond that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Funch isn't really going to be affected all that much by a raw 21 year old rookie WR. His targets share should be similar to last year, maybe slightly higher. DJ and Funchess don't really play the same way. Funch has always been a red zone target for Cam, and I would expect his numbers from last year to be repeated or even slightly increased. I like him for his price. I don't think he'll ever be an elite WR, but he can definitely put up some decent numbers this season. Despite what other might think, I think Funchess's ceiling is higher than last year. He was 23 last year, I don't know that was the best he can be. I think he can push 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm Funch isn't really going to be affected all that much by a raw 21 year old rookie WR. His targets share should be similar to last year, maybe slightly higher. DJ and Funchess don't really play the same way. Funch has always been a red zone target for Cam, and I would expect his numbers from last year to be repeated or even slightly increased. I like him for his price. I don't think he'll ever be an elite WR, but he can definitely put up some decent numbers this season. Despite what other might think, I think Funchess's ceiling is higher than last year. He was 23 last year, I don't know that was the best he can be. I think he can push 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's.
In all honesty, 1000 yds and 8-10 TDs wouldn't shock me. I don't think it's highly likely, but it is a reasonable projection for his potential ceiling for anyone who is a believer.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:32 pm

snaps06 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm Funch isn't really going to be affected all that much by a raw 21 year old rookie WR. His targets share should be similar to last year, maybe slightly higher. DJ and Funchess don't really play the same way. Funch has always been a red zone target for Cam, and I would expect his numbers from last year to be repeated or even slightly increased. I like him for his price. I don't think he'll ever be an elite WR, but he can definitely put up some decent numbers this season. Despite what other might think, I think Funchess's ceiling is higher than last year. He was 23 last year, I don't know that was the best he can be. I think he can push 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's.
In all honesty, 1000 yds and 8-10 TDs wouldn't shock me. I don't think it's highly likely, but it is a reasonable projection for his potential ceiling for anyone who is a believer.
I mean, it shouldn't. He had 860 and 8 last year at 23 years old. That's his established ceiling, I don't think I'm shooting too high here. I think the high yardage totals like 1200 yards are unlikely, but he's always been a red zone guy, so the TD upside has always been there since he hit the league, if you look at his targets/TD total.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 pm

I think he’s a definite hold right now. Most people (myself admittedly included) hate admitting when they’re wrong, so even after a breakout season at 23 years old, he still has legions of naysayers, and the DJ Moore pick just reinforces their doubts. He’s entering a contract year, so he should be particularly motivated to play well this year and get paid. I suspect that’s the main reason Carolina invested a 1st in Moore.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:10 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 pm I think he’s a definite hold right now. Most people (myself admittedly included) hate admitting when they’re wrong, so even after a breakout season at 23 years old, he still has legions of naysayers, and the DJ Moore pick just reinforces their doubts. He’s entering a contract year, so he should be particularly motivated to play well this year and get paid. I suspect that’s the main reason Carolina invested a 1st in Moore.
Yeah, he's one guy I actually doubted, even being a Michigan fan, but the whole tweener thing in college kind of slowed down his growth as a WR. He was raw coming out, but showed well in the red zone his first 2 years and showed significant development in year 3, not to mention nothing but positive reviews about his work ethic/personality. When people still seemed reticent to give him any credit, that's when I started buying. You can get him for a late first in most cases and that's just an easy buy for me.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:14 am

Kinda funny story: I unintentionally used a leaguemate to “stash” Funch for a year.

I originally drafted him as a rookie with an early 2nd. Held him for a year, then traded him and a 1st for Alshon prior to the 2016 season. Then last offseason, I got him back by trading Crabtree to the same owner for Funch and three 2nds. Couldn’t have timed it better. Haha.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 am

I agree with FantasyFreak the whole way down here. Funchess is one of my mistake drops in sig league, but I have been recently buying him elsewhere. I originally looked at him as a worst of both worlds tweener (too small for TE, too slow for WR). Last season he proved me wrong and the organization has continued to say and show they believe in him. Adding another WR does nothing to his value, if anything it helps it. I am a firm believer that healthy offenses help everyone and that Funchess should probably be a #2 WR for a team but as their de facto #1 at the moment I easily see mid to high WR2 capability with a chance at sneaking into the low WR1 range. The volume has to come because they don't have much of a choice in the passing game.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am

Funchess is solid depth as a flex with WR2 upside for a team. Worth owning in any format.

That said, I would trade him in a second for Moore based on upside in dynasty. By 2019 I project Funchess to be #3 in targets on his own team.

In picks, I would put his value as 2.3 Rookie this draft.
If I were to sell I would want a player or 1.8 this draft.

My guess is he is a better in season sell.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 am

Sold him.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 am

I like Funchess but for people who think his target share is going up with a healthy Olsen back in the lineup and a 1st round pick added to the team...not sure how that works.

For me most interesting thing about Funchess is that he's an unrestricted free agent next year. He may not even be in Carolina long term and the amount of money he is offered will go a long way towards showing us how NFL teams really view him.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 am

I have Funchess slotted in as my 3rd WR a or as a Flex play. I really like having him in that spot.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

Here’s a question for you long term dynasty players. (Since I’ve only played 3-r years).

Has any WR ever switched teams and gained a lot of value? As in the case with an RB like McKinnon this year. The first player that comes to mind is Randy Moss to the Patriots.

Aside from him, of current WRs who have switched teams the biggest jump in value that I saw was Marvin Jones, and that was after his great season last year. He went from an adp of 100+ to in the 50s. Outside of that, I didn’t see much. Cooks has maintained his value switching from team to team. Alshon has continually lost value despite being solid. Allen Robinson is an interesting case and kind of tbd at this point.

All of this is to say he may be a good sell mid season if he has a good start. Of course, that is risky if he ends up staying and signing long term. Once Olsen retires, he could be the main red zone target, which while not elite would carry good value.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet