The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Hot Take Tyreek = Next AB

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 pm

playa_hata wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 pm now i know that there are tyreek truthers out there and that tyreeks adp is 2nd round in start ups so its not like im predicting a sleeper to break out or anything BUT im calling it now tyreek hill is the next antonio brown and will become a more consistent threat every week. I know this might sound like a hot take but I just want to post this on here so I have proof of predicting his greatness. Let me have it folks you with me or you with out me!?
Sorry, beat you to this last year. Look it up.

Here you go - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142128&p=1263362&hi ... k#p1263362

People thought I was crazy then, but he now has a 2nd round ADP and I don’t think he’s at top value yet. People keep dismissing what is obvious.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:47 pm Hill doesn't profile like AB beyond height and weight.

AB is our generation's Jerry Rice because he hauls in better than 70% of his contested catches every year and he's the best route runner in the NFL. Hill is an Olympic caliber speed merchant, and his entire game relies on it.

Hill and AB don't win the same way. Comparing them to each other is like comparing Wes Welker to Steve Smith Sr.
While I disagree with your take because they both win with speed, I think the comparison is more that a small guy who was on no ones radar has special ability that everyone keeps dismissing. It took Brown a long time before people put him at the top, even after he posted amazing numbers year after year.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:03 pm

I'll jump on board just to stir the hornet's nest! And because I got him in a key league so I sure can use the production if he does.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Good Luck with your hot take. Don't see it.

Like the QB a lot but Tyreek wins with speed. AB wins with great route running and a QB not worried about going to him on any down or distance. KC doesn't play that way.
Last edited by Ice on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Well that certainly is a hot take. I will say this, I think this kid worked his tail off last season to improve his route running as the season progressed. First part of the season a league mate kept trying over and over again to trade him to me. I didnt have much interest. But towards the tail end of the season I noticed he looked much more crisp and technical than he did early on. I certainly am no scout. But I did buy into Hill at the end. And I am also massively disappointed they went and paid Watkins what they did. Very irritating.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm

...without.

I think a better comp for Hill is what Percy Harvin was supposed to be.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm ...without.

That’s actually pretty good from a skill set comp.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:03 pm I'll jump on board just to stir the hornet's nest! And because I got him in a key league so I sure can use the production if he does.
This is where I’m at too...could go either way, up or down. I say up!

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm While I disagree with your take because they both win with speed
Brown's speed is adequate. His pure speed is not special. He's good vertically because he knows how to 1.) disguise his route 2.) vary his route speed to get DBs to hesitate or guess wrong and get their hips turned the wrong way. That's craft, not athleticism. It was the same for Jerry Rice, by the by.

AB's speed is like Nuk Hopkins' speed -- good enough to complement how he wins with craft, not with pure speed in and of itself, as it is with Tyreek Hill.
thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm I think the comparison is more that a small guy who was on no ones radar has special ability that everyone keeps dismissing.
If so, fair enough.
thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm I think a better comp for Hill is what Percy Harvin was supposed to be.
That’s actually pretty good from a skill set comp.
Heh.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 am

I disagree that Hill is the next Antonio Brown in terms of play style, but his dynasty value could certainly get close to Brown's. I think a better comp for Hill would be TY Hilton +. Given Hill's age, I would say he's a late 1st round startup guy for me. I'd take him over WRs like Julio and Green as well as RBs like Barkley and Fournette.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm ...without.

My stupid effing Vikings and their utter failure to develop receivers with talent and skill

Thankfully they managed to get lucky with 5th round draft picks and local walk ons from D2 schools
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

mild
Legend
Legend

How long will Tyreek Hill do this?

Postby mild » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:46 pm

(I'm trying to buy another WR this season for my rebuilding team, and Hill is possibly on the table...)

I'm wondering, just relative to other receivers of his super-speed archetype - how long can we realistically expect his prime to last, as this kind of offensive threat?

Pros in his favor:
- He will have Mahomes throwing to him for the length of his prime
- He's only 9 months older than Ridley
- He has at least another 3 seasons of being surrounded by the best offensive skill group in the league

Cons or question marks:
- They say speed is the first to go...
- If he became more of a league-average receiver speed-wise, are his ball-skills good enough to compensate?

I'm definitely not the oracle on this - if anyone has anything to add to this conversation, I'm all ears.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: How long will Tyreek Hill do this?

Postby Bot101 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:03 pm

What sold me on Hill was last season watching him improve his route running as the season progressed. He's not just relying on his superior speed. He's running good routes and he's making contested catches and tough over the shoulder types. He's a good wr and what's scary is he could get even better if he keeps working.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:03 pm What sold me on Hill was last season watching him improve his route running as the season progressed. He's not just relying on his superior speed. He's running good routes and he's making contested catches and tough over the shoulder types. He's a good wr and what's scary is he could get even better if he keeps working.
Yep. And currently what, a top 5 WR in PPR leagues? I think he remains at this level for another three years or so, but who knows after that.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:34 pm

#1 in standard.
Just so much working in his favor, buy him if you can.