Allen Hurns reportedly Cowboys "clear-cut No.1 WR". Where does this put him in the Dynasty rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Allen Hurns reportedly Cowboys "clear-cut No.1 WR". Where does this put him in the Dynasty rankings

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Welcome aboard Ice! Your insight has been missed......

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Allen Hurns reportedly Cowboys "clear-cut No.1 WR". Where does this put him in the Dynasty rankings

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Oh, I’ll say it. Dak is the problem in Dallas’ fantasy passing game. He’s a great game manager as he protects the football but he isn’t going to be good for fantasy WRs as he doesn’t challenge the field and completes a lot of short passes, which are great in real life as they move the chains.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:34 pm

...so in other words, his play through the first two years of his career is very similar to Russell Wilson.

People forget Dak was a 4th round pick who was thrust into a starting role before he was ready and exceeded expectations. He is still learning the game and as he becomes more comfortable his game will change.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:36 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm Welcome aboard Ice! Your insight has been missed......
Thanks! I remember you!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:40 pm

I like Hurns and think he can be a decent WR3, but he needs to stay healthy. I think that's been one of his biggest problems the past few years.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm Oh, I’ll say it. Dak is the problem in Dallas’ fantasy passing game. He’s a great game manager as he protects the football but he isn’t going to be good for fantasy WRs as he doesn’t challenge the field and completes a lot of short passes, which are great in real life as they move the chains.
I hear a lot of game manager terminology trying to dis QB's. It may be the worst term ever given all QB's manage the game.

Here is a little fact. Dak was the 4th best QB in all of fantasy week 1 thru week 9 in points per game. 24.3 points per game average. Wentz 24.8, Wilson 26.4 and Watson 27.8 were better.

Why look at only those weeks you ask?
Zeke was in the line up prior to his suspension. Anyone in fantasy should look beyond gross numbers and make assessments based on complete information. Zeke is a key component that really helps QB play. Not to mention Dak is close to a lock for 250 - 300 yards on the ground and 6 additional TD's rushing. 20 of his TD's were in the first 9 weeks.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm Why look at only those weeks you ask?
Zeke was in the line up prior to his suspension. Anyone in fantasy should look beyond gross numbers and make assessments based on complete information. Zeke is a key component that really helps QB play. Not to mention Dak is close to a lock for 250 - 300 yards on the ground and 6 additional TD's rushing. 20 of his TD's were in the first 9 weeks.
Context does indeed matter. Raw data is fairly useless without it.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm I hear a lot of game manager terminology trying to dis QB's. It may be the worst term ever given all QB's manage the game.
While I agree with alot of what you said, QBs should game manage (situational aggression and all that), but QBs do struggle with it, particularly young ones. Dak is a young QB who does need to learn when to attack deep, when to check down.

The fact Dak didn't faceplant is amazing; Mahomes can only hope for that result. There is room for improvement in Dak's game, though.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm
thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm Oh, I’ll say it. Dak is the problem in Dallas’ fantasy passing game. He’s a great game manager as he protects the football but he isn’t going to be good for fantasy WRs as he doesn’t challenge the field and completes a lot of short passes, which are great in real life as they move the chains.
I hear a lot of game manager terminology trying to dis QB's. It may be the worst term ever given all QB's manage the game.

Here is a little fact. Dak was the 4th best QB in all of fantasy week 1 thru week 9 in points per game. 24.3 points per game average. Wentz 24.8, Wilson 26.4 and Watson 27.8 were better.

Theoretical physics can also prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy! But use your eyes, your common sense.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:40 am

I think Dak is going to be fine. IMO he hasn't much help receiving besides an old Jason Witten. I don't think he will ever be elite,but the more talent they give him at WR he will produce solid fantasy numbers.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm

I don't think there's a WR I've seen traded more since he signed that surprising contract with JAX .. in multiple leagues that I am in, I can say he has been involved in at least 3 trades per league .. with that kind of activity and lack of performance (coming off a bad year), I doubt you will get any suitors. (Moncrief maybe a close 2nd in trade activity?)

Plus most DAL, news I've been reading barely mention him, most either talk about Beasley, how well Cedrick Wilson knows the playbook (has history with a coach), tons of hype surrounding Lance Lenior (Talking Cowboys pod, was talking about him last year too, when they were trying to sort who would make the team .. so yeah, who knows, I just know I'd rather take a shot with one of these younger guys myself than to give up much for Hurns ... What have you done for me lately ..
@PlankMelody

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

i dont think anyone is arguing dak's fantasy output. they are speaking strictly to what he has done or may do to wr's fantasy output. you are more than welcome to throw up fantasy stats, but the reality is...he threw for 3000 yds. that does not bode well for wr's in our context.

dak is a great own for us, his wr's....not so much.

in terms of hurns, i'll take the wait and see approach. i own him in a few leagues, but havent had an offer in quite some time. he's not a guy that im going to rush out and buy right now unless im paying a future 3 or later....

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:51 pm

I still wish there was a "Like" option for comments on this forum.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Plank wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm Plus most DAL, news I've been reading barely mention him, most either talk about Beasley, how well Cedrick Wilson knows the playbook (has history with a coach), tons of hype surrounding Lance Lenior (Talking Cowboys pod, was talking about him last year too, when they were trying to sort who would make the team ..
We must listen to different things coming out of Dallas. I've not heard anything about Wilson or Lenior (never heard of him). Talk has been about Hurns, Gallup and the TE situation...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 pm

I echo what skip just said..