Barkley or JuJu/OJ+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side would you take?

Saquon Barkley
64%
1.06, 2.06, 2019 first, JuJu/OJ
36%

Total votes: 44

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Barkley or JuJu/OJ+

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 am

Give me Juju and two 1sts.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:16 am

maxhyde wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 am
Seventy5 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:36 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:43 pm
That’s why I said I’d roll the dice. I don’t think it’s a given, but I do think Barkley is viewed as a much better prospect than Zeke was heading into the league.
Im in the same boat as well, and I didn't realize it until someone offered me their Zeek Elliot for my Saquon Barkley straight up and I said no.

To me, although Zeek's talent + situation combination is great, I think Barkley is a much better prospect heads up and I think the talent is great enough to actually bet on over another already prove elite fantasy asset in this case. Can't go wrong with either in this case, but Saquon is the shinier toy with a perceived higher ceiling and tis the season where potential > production.

As for the original topic question, Barkley for me quite easily unless that 2019 1st is projected to be top 2-4.

The 2nd round of this draft class--to me anyways--is about the same talent-equivalent of last years late 3rd-early 4th range, so I place almost no value in that 2.06. That leaves mid 18 1st+late '19 1st+JuJu for Saquon Barkley. If you value Saquon as an already elite prospect to have like many do, there's nothing in that offer that would make me take the package over Saquon. Have to give elite to get elite, or offer a godfather like package they CANT refuse. JuJu + some lower-odd mid-late 1sts for me is pretty ehh/WR2/Flex upside excitement level.
I agree Saquon is a superior prospect but Zeke bounced into the best possible RB situation in the league. The Giants are years away from having a "great" line and by the time that happens they are likely looking for a QB. His situation is not ideal so as good as he might be ranking him ahead of Elliott in a vacuum is fine but when you take in all the factors I don't see how he can be ranked up with the true proven elite type RB's. He has yet to show in the NFL he can dominate despite not always having the best supporting cast like LeVeon/DJ so until he does that ( and I half expect he will at times) I think he is being overvalued/overhyped. Fun to own but ultimately I think counting on him for top 5RB #'s as a rookie is a little unrealistic even though totally possible with the expected touches

BTW I totally misunderstood the trade as I thought it was it was Juju and OJ Howard and the picks...if it is both that side...if it is Juju OR OJ Howard I'd keep Barkley
Agreed. I would take Elliot in redraft, but lean towards Barkley being the better person to invest in for the long haul.

In the short-term, expectations surrounding Barkley are probably higher than they should be, but I do expect his rookie season to be serviceable (I personally would be happy with top 12 overall RB production with a handful of elite flashes letting us know he has more in the tank once he adjusts to the pro game etc)
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 am

Does the league have 10 or 12 teams?

Since the defensive players score a healthy amount, I assume several are selected in the 1st and 2nd rounds of your drafts, no? That increases the value of the 2.06 pick over how it is typically valued. I don't play IDP any more, but based on MFL's recent drafts there are several defensive rookies that can selected in the top 10.

Also, you could probably use more help at QB, since starting 2 is required. It is looking like Flacco will soon be out of a job; Bradford will be unemployed as well. Glennon?? Let's hope that Winston lives up to his potential this year!

I am leaning towards the picks & players here. The 1.06 could be Ronald Jones, Nick Chubb or Sony Michel. The 2.06 could be one of the good QB prospects this year.

Of course, if you are just wanting the fun of fielding a Murderers Row of runningbacks: Gurley, Barkley and Zeke ... there is a lot of fun in that as well. :-)