John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: John Ross

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 am

btv802 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 am
btv802 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 am

He was divisive coming out but there were plenty of people that appreciated him as a prospect. If you didn't like him, you like him even less. If you liked him, you probably want to actually see him play football before you flush him down the toilet.

No doubt he's an easy target to bash, not denying that, so carry on.
Was just asking a simple question. I guess you're one of the few who liked him last year. No one's blaming you for holding and hoping he does something. I'm sure there are still plenty of people who drafted Treadwell and are still holding and waiting.
I guess I'm a little surprised that you didn't know anybody liked Ross last year considering your post count indicates that you have lived on a dynasty message board for a very long time. Admittedly felt like you were being a little snarky. If not, no harm no foul. I'm here to tell you that there was indeed a John Ross Fan Club that advocated taking him as early as the the mid 1st.
I guess you missed the sarcasm, but I like that you continue to throw jabs. No worries, though, just keep hoping Ross becomes the WR1 you drafted him to be in the mid 1st.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 am

I"m not heavily invested. I own him in a league. 1 of my 6 dyno leagues. I picked him up off waivers. I'll take the wait and see approach at least till I'm forced to make cuts. He is young and has potential. Up to this point though, not much to talk about. He is 22 years old, 5'11 and 195lbs. The book just isn't written on him yet. Spose it comes down to roster size.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 am

Was just asking a simple question. I guess you're one of the few who liked him last year. No one's blaming you for holding and hoping he does something. I'm sure there are still plenty of people who drafted Treadwell and are still holding and waiting.
I guess I'm a little surprised that you didn't know anybody liked Ross last year considering your post count indicates that you have lived on a dynasty message board for a very long time. Admittedly felt like you were being a little snarky. If not, no harm no foul. I'm here to tell you that there was indeed a John Ross Fan Club that advocated taking him as early as the the mid 1st.
I guess you missed the sarcasm, but I like that you continue to throw jabs. No worries, though, just keep hoping Ross becomes the WR1 you drafted him to be in the mid 1st.
Hahaha I'm going to dial this one back, feels like it's escalating quickly. For real if you were just busting my balls it's all good man. I was definitely never realistically expecting Ross to become a WR1. I am optimistic he can be a really effective field stretcher and playmaker at a bare minimum though. Cincy should try using him like Pats are using Cooks and Texans are using Fuller right now. Not fantasy gold, but useful.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 am

btv802 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am Hahaha I'm going to dial this one back, feels like it's escalating quickly. For real if you were just busting my balls it's all good man. I was definitely never realistically expecting Ross to become a WR1. I am optimistic he can be a really effective field stretcher and playmaker at a bare minimum though. Cincy should try using him like Pats are using Cooks and Texans are using Fuller right now. Not fantasy gold, but useful.
No worries, just having some good fun. For what it's worth, I really liked Ross in college, just never believed he'd be anything more than a role player in the pros.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 am No worries, just having some good fun. For what it's worth, I really liked Ross in college, just never believed he'd be anything more than a role player in the pros.
The appropriate title of the thread should have just been "The Roast of John Ross" :lol:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

glamis79
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby glamis79 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 am Guys in my league can give up on a player crazy early. I got John Ross cheap off waivers last year.

What is everyone's take on him headed into year two. I guess it can't be worse than year 1. :lol:
definitely a hold
12 Team Dynasty, SuperFlex, Standard Scoring
QB: Brady, Eason, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Mariota
RB: Gurley, Zeke, McCaffrey, Hunt, Justin Jackson, Pollard, D'Ernest
WR: Keenan, Woods, Corey Davis, Larry Fitz, JJaw, Quintez, Anthony MIller, David Moore, Kalif, Dede, Tyrell Williams, John Ross, Keke, Demarcus Robinson, Curtis Samuel
TE: Gesicki, Jared Cook, Asiasi, Jarwin, Smith Jr.

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:17 pm

btv802 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 am

He was divisive coming out but there were plenty of people that appreciated him as a prospect. If you didn't like him, you like him even less. If you liked him, you probably want to actually see him play football before you flush him down the toilet.

No doubt he's an easy target to bash, not denying that, so carry on.
Wow that is kinda crazy, Goddard has 13,000 posts in 13 months. That is insane.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 pm

^ And most of them quality. I haven't been around these parts too long but Goddard's post typically stand out from the mess of nonsense this board can fall into sometimes.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm

mullmania wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 pm ^ And most of them quality. I haven't been around these parts too long but Goddard's post typically stand out from the mess of nonsense this board can fall into sometimes.
I appreciate that Mullmania. I try to give honest and thought out feedback and help others out. I've said this once before, but I'm lucky to have a job with lots of free time in between clients, which allows me to be on this forum doing something I enjoy. Didn't realize having lots of posts was a bad thing, not sure if that's how it was intended when pointed out. I guess I'm pretty consistent though, 13k posts in 13 months :dance: .

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm
mullmania wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 pm ^ And most of them quality. I haven't been around these parts too long but Goddard's post typically stand out from the mess of nonsense this board can fall into sometimes.
I appreciate that Mullmania. I try to give honest and thought out feedback and help others out. I've said this once before, but I'm lucky to have a job with lots of free time in between clients, which allows me to be on this forum doing something I enjoy. Didn't realize having lots of posts was a bad thing, not sure if that's how it was intended when pointed out. I guess I'm pretty consistent though, 13k posts in 13 months :dance: .
:shock: What do you do? I'm changing careers.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:15 pm

ross is such a n injury prone one trick pony I would worry his next injury is laminitis
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm

13 K in 13 months is coogan level although you are about 47635 emojis off pace dude
time to get it together
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:44 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm
13 K in 13 months is coogan level although you are about 47635 emojis off pace dude
time to get it together
And if you could please remind people to comment more, that'd be great. I've really been slacking here for the last month or so because I keep reading the comments but forgetting that I can actually respond. You've had 13k opportunities to get me a reminder, and I believe you've failed every time. That's pretty bad even if this were a baseball forum.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:44 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm 13 K in 13 months is coogan level although you are about 47635 emojis off pace dude
time to get it together
And if you could please remind people to comment more, that'd be great. I've really been slacking here for the last month or so because I keep reading the comments but forgetting that I can actually respond. You've had 13k opportunities to get me a reminder, and I believe you've failed every time. That's pretty bad even if this were a baseball forum.
I'll try to increase my emoji count :wink: :biggrin:
And I'll try to do a better job of reminding everyone that they need to respond to 5 threads before posting their own :mrgreen: :liar:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:10 pm

I took him early in one of my drafts and am still sticking with him. He was only slightly smaller than OBJ at the combine. It's not like we're talking Tavon Austin size here. Certainly, the health issues are a concern, but he claims he was late to camp because of NCAA rules, fell behind and spent most of the season catching up. I don't fully buy into that, but I'll definitely give him another season before I'm looking for an exit point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker