John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:41 pm

LaFell's agent claims he wanted to be released. Requested it, supposedly.

Anyway, more about Ross in TC: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/7/29/1 ... ways-day-4
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:44 pm

playa_hata wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 am
Mascott93 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 am Got an offer for Team 3 of my sig.

I give Anthony Miller, I receive Ross and a 2019 2nd

Worth it?
anthony miller is worth a 19 1st so idk this is like giving up a 19 1st and 2nd for john ross you could do better. keep miller.
Your thought process is incorrect here. He's saying:
Give: Anthony Miller
Get: John Ross + 2019 2nd

I personally think Miller and Ross are equal in value so he's getting a free 2019 2nd out of this.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:08 pm

I believe kudos are in order for ninotoreS - I think he was the first one to mention LaFell would lose his job.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:55 pm

I suggested the possibility as plausible. :ewink:

LaFell's had a successful career by journeyman standard. If this is it for him, he can hold his head high.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:53 am

:lol:
NFL-ons wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:21 am Man 24mph.... that's faster than Dalton can throw.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:20 am

IBall2 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:13 am
Mascott93 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 am Got an offer for Team 3 of my sig.

I give Anthony Miller, I receive Ross and a 2019 2nd

Worth it?
I would take the Ross side here.
x2
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:45 am

- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:09 pm

From the SB Nation 5 takeaways of the Scrimmage

5. John Ross might have a case of the drops
Earlier in the week, the second-year receiver failed to haul in a few passes after lighting up the field before the pads came on. Today, he continued struggling while attempting to catch accurate throws.

Ross drops another pass in #Bengals Mock Game albeit in traffic-Rich Skinner tweet.

So he started the scrimmage but dropped some passes, and has had some issues in camp as well, by the sounds of it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Two drops in the scrimmage.

He does have sub-9 inch hands. I doubt Ross will ever be an above-average contested catcher.

But unless it's habitual, drops are commonly an overblown item in the minds of fans.

We can infer from Ross' quick ascent of the depth-chart this offseason that the incidence of drops haven't been egregious enough to bother the coaching staff so far, or to compel them to hold off on cutting LaFell.

Ross didn't have problems with drops in college, so odds are it's redshirt rookie nerves.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:10 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:59 pm Two drops in the scrimmage.

He does have sub-9 inch hands. I doubt Ross will ever be an above-average contested catcher.

But unless it's habitual, drops are commonly an overblown item in the minds of fans.

We can infer from Ross' quick ascent of the depth-chart this offseason that the incidence of drops haven't been egregious enough to bother the coaching staff so far, or to compel them to hold off on cutting LaFell.

Ross didn't have problems with drops in college, so odds are it's redshirt rookie nerves.
Just posting what was written, you can draw your own conclusions, but he will probably never be a high volume WR, so if he drops a target or two a game, that really dampens his upside. Two drops in a scrimmage is the same as two drops in a game. It's a drop problem the beat guys are observing. You are pro Ross, it seems you are writing a narrative to dismiss it. I am simply stating what I read about the actual scrimmage and training camp. They seem to see a potential pattern, I don't. Amari Cooper did not have a drop problem in college, either. It can be a mental, thing. Regardless, it was a note worth mentioning, I thought.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:54 am

Tyler Boyd have any chance of relevancy?

Gotta decide if he's a cut or add to roster from my taxi squad by end of the pre-season
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:11 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:54 am Tyler Boyd have any chance of relevancy?

Gotta decide if he's a cut or add to roster from my taxi squad by end of the pre-season
HE's running out of the slot in 3 WR sets 99 percent of the time, apparently. He might be a decent depth guy, getting some work underneath if Ross clears some space out for him. Not tremendous upside, but I expect him to have some decent PPR games. Not sure Dalton can support 2 FF relevant WR's, let alone 3. After AJG it's iffy.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Reports of J. Ross ascent to relevancy are greatly exaggerated too !

Poor Man's DeSean Jackson...occasional big play games with lots of sub par play stretches in between. Rosterable but rarely startable.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:55 pm I suggested the possibility as plausible. :ewink:

LaFell's had a successful career by journeyman standard. If this is it for him, he can hold his head high.
I quite concur. There is no shame in not making it to the top of the mountain if you're still further ahead than 95% of the rest of those that attempted the climb.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:46 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm There is no shame in not making it to the top of the mountain if you're still further ahead than 95% of the rest of those that attempted the climb.
QFT

Heck, it's more than 95%.

Anyway...

Poking my head back in here to post another few clips that caught my eye in particular.

https://twitter.com/John__Sheeran/statu ... 2886272000

Ross's hands are okay when he's focusing. They'll never be a specific strength, but I posit they're 'good enough'.

https://twitter.com/dadiodefacto/status ... 1263040512

From the preseason action. This is a touchdown. Both feet touch. What's bizarre is that the refs called it out of bounds in large part because Ross himself acted like he didn't get both feet in, and they cued off that. :?

https://twitter.com/JamesRapien/status/ ... 3919966209

Ross still doin' it vs WJ3.

But assuming that's Dalton, the underthrow is a buzz kill. And all too unsurprising.

edit: that might have been Matt Barkley
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE