John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: John Ross: reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 pm

NFL-ons wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:21 am Man 24mph.... that's faster than Dalton can throw.
lol!
clarion contrarion wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:00 am a john ross flame war coolio
Actually I never have flame wars, because I ignore confirmed shitposting after one reply or less. Flame wars require back and forth, but contempt is best demonstrated by dismissal.

You can testify to that. :wink:
IBall2 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 am I just bought him during our rookie draft last week. I sold the 2.04 for a 2019 2nd + John Ross.
So you basically got Ross for free, since I assume you looked at what was on the board at 2.4 and decided you didn't want anything probably going soon more than a '19 2nd. :thumbup:

I love trading during rookie-drafts. You usually get better deals. You got a (currently) completely healthy 22-year-old player with objectively true game-breaking potential and elite pedigree as a throw-in.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:49 pm

i absolutely hated ross last season but saw some talent just thought he was over drafted, but now hes one of my top buy players right now. i love buying young players that didnt live up to hype from previous years. you can get him for a 2nd almost anywhere and those same fanboys that bleep on him now, are the ones that will give you value back after 1 or 2 long bomb catches. if ross doesnt do anything you'e out a 2nd rd pick so not the end of the world.

guys like ross and even kevin white are gold imo right now
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:41 pm

I will say this, though, anyone who writes Ross off as a complete bust after year 1 are being premature. My contention is he was overdraft because of his 40 time (ala Heyward Bey) although Ross put up a dandy of a season coming out, which Heyward Bey did not. Ross has the ability to be an elite deep threat if he can ever stay healthy, but in a PPR scenario I feel he will be a boom or bust type of guy. I don't know where he was drafted last year by most, but if you spent a top 5 rookie pick on him I personally feel it's unlikely you will ever see that value coming back in a trade, or production wise. However, it doesn't mean he can't produce for your team at all. I think Ross would be a great best ball buy (although I recently sold him in BB, but as part of a deal for a QB as it was a SF league). I think he'd be a great guy to target as a buy low in best ball formats right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Literally a make it or break it year for John Ross.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:23 am

kamihamster wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am rice krispie treats are more durable than that dude - easy pass for a career roster clogger.
he may have a good year if he manages to stay healthy. but the dude can't even run a 40 without hurting himself. throw in some contact and he's a pass unless i can get him for a mid 2nd. i'd flip him for any first as soon as he has a good game.
this is the worst argument anyone can make. many many many players get hurt while running. its like saying arob or jordy are no good cuz they couldnt even finish running a route without thier knee exploding...
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 am

I posted about this last year regarding Doctson/Perriman/White, but the list of 1st round to WR's to not record a catch their 1st season is essentially a death sentence. Not playing at all (Perriman/White) is worse than Ross/Doctson. But it looks like it applied to Perriman and White. Doctson to be determined. Treadwell to be determined (1 catch). Ross had 0 catches but played in 3 games. The odds are not good.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 am

I wasnt a fan before his 40. Didn't change after his 40. Dont really want him now.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 am I posted about this last year regarding Doctson/Perriman/White, but the list of 1st round to WR's to not record a catch their 1st season is essentially a death sentence. Not playing at all (Perriman/White) is worse than Ross/Doctson. But it looks like it applied to Perriman and White. Doctson to be determined. Treadwell to be determined (1 catch). Ross had 0 catches but played in 3 games. The odds are not good.
I'd be shocked if there's a meaningful sample size enough to say anything about Ross' odds.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 am I posted about this last year regarding Doctson/Perriman/White, but the list of 1st round to WR's to not record a catch their 1st season is essentially a death sentence. Not playing at all (Perriman/White) is worse than Ross/Doctson. But it looks like it applied to Perriman and White. Doctson to be determined. Treadwell to be determined (1 catch). Ross had 0 catches but played in 3 games. The odds are not good.
I'd be shocked if there's a meaningful sample size enough to say anything about Ross' odds.
Definitely limited sample size because it's not supposed to happen. And for the ones it did happen to, it's not a good sign.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm
Definitely limited sample size because it's not supposed to happen. And for the ones it did happen to, it's not a good sign.
Oh no doubt. I'd much rather he did something last year and I've been offloading him this offseason. But when talking about a sample size of like 12 guys, the odds don't really exist yet.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:47 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Oh no doubt. I'd much rather he did something last year and I've been offloading him this offseason. But when talking about a sample size of like 12 guys, the odds don't really exist yet.
So much this, especially when you're looking at injury and not just an inability to get in the lineup like Treadwell. It's certainly not good news, but how many first round WRs have missed their opening season to injury?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Not many, obviously. There are only 4 1st round WR's post merger to play in a game and have 0 yards for the season, Ross is one of them. AJ Jenkins most recently. Ross will most likely be another name added to a long list of 1st round busts, it happens. Ike Hilliard and Santana Moss are the 2 biggest risers for 1st round WR's who basically redshirted their rookie year. Doctson has a chance this year. Jonnie Morton is another name that eventually broke out. It's pretty foolish IMO to bet on Ross to make it though. Odds are already pretty rough just being a typical 1st round pick anyways. Just adds to the already numerous red flags regarding Ross.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm Not many, obviously. There are only 4 1st round WR's post merger to play in a game and have 0 yards for the season, Ross is one of them. AJ Jenkins most recently. Ross will most likely be another name added to a long list of 1st round busts, it happens. Ike Hilliard and Santana Moss are the 2 biggest risers for 1st round WR's who basically redshirted their rookie year. Doctson has a chance this year. Jonnie Morton is another name that eventually broke out. It's pretty foolish IMO to bet on Ross to make it though. Odds are already pretty rough just being a typical 1st round pick anyways. Just adds to the already numerous red flags regarding Ross.
I don't think many people are betting on Ross so much as holding to conclusion rather than assuming bust status.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm Not many, obviously. There are only 4 1st round WR's post merger to play in a game and have 0 yards for the season, Ross is one of them. AJ Jenkins most recently. Ross will most likely be another name added to a long list of 1st round busts, it happens. Ike Hilliard and Santana Moss are the 2 biggest risers for 1st round WR's who basically redshirted their rookie year. Doctson has a chance this year. Jonnie Morton is another name that eventually broke out. It's pretty foolish IMO to bet on Ross to make it though. Odds are already pretty rough just being a typical 1st round pick anyways. Just adds to the already numerous red flags regarding Ross.
I don't think many people are betting on Ross so much as holding to conclusion rather than assuming bust status.
I agree. Hard to say bust when he got essentially 0 action. He certainly could still be a bust but for me at least it is far from a certainty
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 am

Just a question here, I get the comparison with White, Perriman, Dorsett, etc...was Ross considered a better prospect than all of those guys coming out of college?