Coach Speak 2018

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Coach Speak 2018

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm

It's that time of year when no games are being played and we are flooded with reports from beat writers that need to meet their quota about everything a coach says. This is the place to keep track of your coach speak. Add to it as the year progresses. Most of it is hype, but maybe there will be a vein of truth that will give us an edge. Here's the two that I'm actually believing.

Jared Cook is faster than Gruden thought. - Cook was the 12th TE last year with an injured Carr. Granted Cooper was bad so maybe he was inflated, but I think Cook is actually a good TE.

Elijah McGuire can do it all like LT. - He isn't as good as LT, but I did like what I saw in the shine game or senior bowl (can't remember). Crowell is JAG, and I dont think they want Powell to be "the" guy. McGuire could end up being that balanced guy that gets the majority of the touches.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Coach Speak 2018

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Your post is eerily similar to one--False Hype in the Offseason--I posted (and just bumped) a few weeks ago:

It's that time of year. When coaches use the media to hype up certain players. Thousands of fans literally buy into the product being promoted by calling up for season tickets.

What are some of the hyped up storylines from fantasy players that you bought into during the OTA/Training Camp, that ended up costing you during the regular season?

Last year I was overly excited from Gase's b.s. at the Dolphins camp:
"Dolphins coach Adam Gase suggested Jay Ajayi could see as many as 350 carries this season."
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens