Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Chris Carson - Time to pay attention

Postby Chris_R » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:03 am

While this isn't my favorite RB situation, I think he's showing some value here and is the type of back Seattle loves. First game he was 7 for 19 with 2 TDs. Game 2 he had 7 touches for 44 yards. He's already passed Collins, has been playing with the ones in practice and they backed it up during the game as he got some run with Russell Wilson and the ones again.

I saw him play a bunch at OK State. Not flashy, but a very difficult guy to tackle who brings the punch to the defender first. Physical, inside runner who can break tackles especially in short yardage. More importantly Carroll really seems to like this kid and there could be some opportunity here.

Best part is he went undrafted in every single one of my leagues. I first got him in a 14 teamed with deep rosters just because he was the only decent rookiebavailable worth taking a flier on, but even after the first game he was still available most other places. Anyone else intrigued?
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

jwint7910
Starter
Starter

Re: Chris Carson - Time to pay attention

Postby jwint7910 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am

I picked him up in both of my leagues. Pete will always play the best guy, so this situation could shake out anyway really. I'll always gamble the free RB with the physical attributes, over the one with the injury history (Procise/Rawls) or the weight clause (Lacy).
Dynasty League: Est. 2012 2018 CHAMPION
10 Team PPR, All tds 6 points, 27 roster
Start: 1-QB, 2-4RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE, 1-K, 1-DEF

QB BigBen, Dak
RB Barkley, Cook, Mixon, Chubb, D Williams, R Anderson, B Anderson
WR Nuk, AB, M Thomas, Cooper, M Williams, Godwin, Gallup, McLaurin, Cain, D Moore
TE Engram, Njoku, Knox
K Zuerlein
DEF Vikings, Chargers

2020:2,2,2,2,3,3-5
2021:1,2,2,5

Dynasty League: Est. 2017
12 Team PPR Superflex, 1/4 point per carry, TE bonus, All tds 6 points, 25 roster
Start: 1-2QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-2TE, 1-K, 1-DEF

QB Rodgers, Watson, Luck, Murray
RB Mixon, Gordon, Chubb, Guice, Harris
WR JuJu, Cooks, Golladay, C Davis, Godwin, Fuller, Miller, Washington, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Quinn, C Moore
TE Engram, OJ Howard
K Zuerlein
DEF Denver

2019: 3.10,4.05
2020: 1,1,1,1,2,2,4-5
2021: 1-5

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeah I picked him up in one of my leagues, but I don't think there's anyway I can keep him come roster cuts before the season ..
@PlankMelody

Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Crazylegs » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Anyone have thought on Carson vs. W. Smallwood? Who would you rather stash?

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:32 am

Crazylegs wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 pm Anyone have thought on Carson vs. W. Smallwood? Who would you rather stash?
I've always been a Smallwood fan and it looks like he has a clearer path to playing time this year so he's my vote.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 am

No matter who becomes the starter in the SEA backfield it's a horrible offensive line that has only gotten worse in the offseason (lost the LT for the year) and it's gonna be a terribly inefficient fantasy commodity, not gonna have shares of any of the RBs there except possibly Prosise in deep .5PPR or higher leagues because there's gonna be dump-offs to help cover up the poor OL and if he goes down for an extended period of time I don't think there's really any one player that will take up his role in the offense

I could see one of the backs having 7-8 rushing TDs if they prove that they should always be in on GL work but I think it's gonna be pretty hard for any of them to get over 600-700 rushing yards because of injuries and competition with one another (basically Ryan Mathews last year who had 780 total yards and 9 total TDs and was the RB25 in non-PPR)

Granted Seattle could cut Lacy before the season starts and clear the backfield up by announcing one of Rawls/Carson the undisputed starter and one of them could end up with a mid-RB2 ceiling but I think that's about the best you could hope for and also unlikely given how cheap Lacy is for them
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 am No matter who becomes the starter in the SEA backfield it's a horrible offensive line that has only gotten worse in the offseason (lost the LT for the year) and it's gonna be a terribly inefficient fantasy commodity, not gonna have shares of any of the RBs there except possibly Prosise in deep .5PPR or higher leagues because there's gonna be dump-offs to help cover up the poor OL and if he goes down for an extended period of time I don't think there's really any one player that will take up his role in the offense

I could see one of the backs having 7-8 rushing TDs if they prove that they should always be in on GL work but I think it's gonna be pretty hard for any of them to get over 600-700 rushing yards because of injuries and competition with one another (basically Ryan Mathews last year who had 780 total yards and 9 total TDs and was the RB25 in non-PPR)

Granted Seattle could cut Lacy before the season starts and clear the backfield up by announcing one of Rawls/Carson the undisputed starter and one of them could end up with a mid-RB2 ceiling but I think that's about the best you could hope for and also unlikely given how cheap Lacy is for them
Agreed with all of this.

However, situations like this is why I like to have a couple expendable roster spaces. Nab Carson now for free (or cheap), maybe it pays out big. I look for opportunity & production over how good the teams o-line was last year.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 am
StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 am No matter who becomes the starter in the SEA backfield it's a horrible offensive line that has only gotten worse in the offseason (lost the LT for the year) and it's gonna be a terribly inefficient fantasy commodity, not gonna have shares of any of the RBs there except possibly Prosise in deep .5PPR or higher leagues because there's gonna be dump-offs to help cover up the poor OL and if he goes down for an extended period of time I don't think there's really any one player that will take up his role in the offense

Agreed with all of this.

However, situations like this is why I like to have a couple expendable roster spaces. Nab Carson now for free (or cheap), maybe it pays out big. I look for opportunity & production over how good the teams o-line was last year.
x2
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:35 am

Intrigued but not enough to make any moves for him
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am

maxhyde wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:35 am Intrigued but not enough to make any moves for him
This. I lump Carson in with guys like Matt Breida, Elijiah McGuire, etc. who have high upside but need an injury or something to happen before they can really be relevant. I put them on my watch list but keep them on the waiver wire.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 am

IBall2 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:32 am
Crazylegs wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 pm Anyone have thought on Carson vs. W. Smallwood? Who would you rather stash?
I've always been a Smallwood fan and it looks like he has a clearer path to playing time this year so he's my vote.
ditto

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:08 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am
maxhyde wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:35 am Intrigued but not enough to make any moves for him
This. I lump Carson in with guys like Matt Breida, Elijiah McGuire, etc. who have high upside but need an injury or something to happen before they can really be relevant. I put them on my watch list but keep them on the waiver wire.
It depends on roster sizes. In deep leagues by the time that happens it's usually too late. I added him to my roster today. Going to keep him over McGuire. I thought he was too upright and lacked agility, and he still is, but he has looked pretty sharp so far this preseason. He's a big body and he can move
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Today Smallwood...I was a buyer back in January
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:30 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am
The injuries are already happening (again) to Rawls and Prosise. Lacy and Carson are going to get a lot of play on Friday so you can watch him and see for yourself what you think. No way Lacy is cut, but Alex Collins and Mike Davis will be looking for new teams very soon.

Carson will be on the 53-man roster, and every back in front of him has trouble staying on the field. I think you could do a lot worse for an end of bench stash and I like him more than Smallwood.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

adammc44
Starter
Starter

Postby adammc44 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:09 am

Carson's situation this year isn't all that different from Rawls's two years ago, ughh don't know what to expect from that backfield as I have Lacy and Rawls.
The Man with the Golden Gloves (14 teams, 6 pt all tds, no ppr, 18+3 rookie taxi squad spots (up to 2 years))
start: 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te no flex, d, k
QB: Cousins, Darnold
RB: David Johnson, A Jones, D Freeman, Gio, Hyde, Malcom Brown
WR: Adam Thielen, C Godwin, T Williams, J Landry, A Miller
TE: Waller, Herndon
Taxi: P Williams, Jonnu Smith, Gesicki
IR: Crowell