Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby Vendetta » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Penny has a hand injury including a broken finger suffered in practice tomorrow. Carroll unsure as to how much time he'll miss. Uh oh...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Vendetta wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 pm Penny has a hand injury including a broken finger suffered in practice tomorrow. Carroll unsure as to how much time he'll miss. Uh oh...
Doesn't change anything long term, I'm hoping Penny just rides a bike for the next month, the way injuries are going, guys are dropping like flies. It's like a guy suffering a minor injury feels almost like a good thing at this point, so they avoid a major one. So many injuries, it's amazing.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:49 am

The finger injury is bad for Penny, no way around it. Like nearly all rookies, he needed this time to learn the NFL, particularly pass protection it seems, and now he's missing the last month. It already sounds like Carson was pushing for time, and now he's all but assured opening the season as the starter.

How many careers have been made (and ended) just because one guy got a chance and siezed it? Obviously Carson could always look like trash with his opportunity, but he's definitely getting that opportunity.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 am

Vendetta wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 pm Penny has a hand injury including a broken finger suffered in practice tomorrow. Carroll unsure as to how much time he'll miss. Uh oh...
Wait, you came back from the future to tell us about a frickin hand injury?! Dynasty Delorean would be so disappointed with you...
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 am

As a Penny owner I'm still comfortable long term. While this isn't ideal, I liked what I saw from the first preseason game and I think within a few weeks into the season he gets worked in and by end of season could potentially take the greater share of snaps. Obviously not what I envisioned taking him 1.03, but certainly no reason to panic.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:43 am

As a Carson owner, I’m happy to see him get the chance to start the first couple games. However, Penny will be the starter by the end of the year unless Carson plays like an All-Pro.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:00 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 am
Wait, you came back from the future to tell us about a frickin hand injury?! Dynasty Delorean would be so disappointed with you...
:lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 am

_yeti wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm
_yeti wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am Poll is closed! Carson squeeked up to 23% with two bold souls saying he wins the job outright.

23 Penny-believers say no sir to the offseason hype and predict he wins the job outright.

73% see the writing on the wall and predict a committee one way or the other. Now let the games begin! Hoping for neither to get hurt so we can see a full season of their play (a lot to ask I feel like)!
Would you take Aaron Jones over Chris Carson? I said you'd take Chris Carson but if you'd prefer Jones let me know so I can correct my answer in the team advice thread. :mrgreen:
Carson all-day for me (similar ADPs in MFL10s and I loaded up on Carson). Jones has better home run potential but I like Carson to get more volume as well as goal line work. I see them as committee backs in opposite roles. They'd be a nice tandem together a la 2017 Oakland with Carson as Lynch and Jones as Richard.
That would make for an interesting tandem. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:09 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 am
That...or try reading Vendetta’s message with Joe Pesci’s voice in your head. Maybe we should be thankful Vendetta decided to send a less “final” message?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 am

I said this about Carson on page 1:
MEuRaH wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 amHe's a career backup at best. The Seahawks drafted a RB in the 1st round for a reason. The only way Carson takes over is with injuries, and even then, he'll only have value for a short duration.
Looks like Carson will have the RB1 duties going into week 1 because of the injury. He may also end up as the lead back for the season because of it (practice with the 1s = more success) but I'd still put all my eggs in the Penny basket. If I owned Carson, I'd be trading him away no matter what type of team I had. If I needed depth, trade Carson away and try to get someone cheap later on.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 am

And this rookie RB class continues on it's downward trend....hopefully this "thing" doesn't also bite Barkley/Kerryon/Freeman.

(I know we have a full season ahead :lol: but geez this is rough)

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 am

Penny owners must be feeling the squeeze right now
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 am I said this about Carson on page 1:
MEuRaH wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 amHe's a career backup at best. The Seahawks drafted a RB in the 1st round for a reason. The only way Carson takes over is with injuries, and even then, he'll only have value for a short duration.
Looks like Carson will have the RB1 duties going into week 1 because of the injury. He may also end up as the lead back for the season because of it (practice with the 1s = more success) but I'd still put all my eggs in the Penny basket. If I owned Carson, I'd be trading him away no matter what type of team I had. If I needed depth, trade Carson away and try to get someone cheap later on.
Just traded McKinnon and a couple of projected late 2nds for him after the news "broke".
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 am

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 am I said this about Carson on page 1:
I think if you believe Carson is only a career backup "At Best" I'm assuming you obviously didn't watch his tape.
It also looks like you were completely out of the loop,

"Looks like Carson will have the RB1 duties going into week 1 because of the injury."

Carson had been leading up to that point. Carroll said it himself, and multiple team writers agreed, pointing out Carson was not only the top running back, but the best offensive skill player on the team this year. I get that Penny will have a ton of chances to prove himself as a 1st round pick, but the takes you are making simply don't line up with reality. Looking like the donkey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yX_1gJ_51M .

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 am

Servo wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 am And this rookie RB class continues on it's downward trend....hopefully this "thing" doesn't also bite Barkley/Kerryon/Freeman.

(I know we have a full season ahead :lol: but geez this is rough)
Well Barkley tweaked his hamstring and has been sitting out of practice with some writers projecting he'll be sidelined until start of regular season

Man, everyone who drafted an early rookie RB hoping for the instant plug in to boost their starting RBs like the 2017s were are already burned, and that's not even the rookie underperforming too high of expectations and not getting the touches the hype warrants issue which is bigger lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol