Total votes: 94

ap28.allday
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby ap28.allday » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 pm
ap28.allday wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 pm
Ian Rappaport is great for breaking trades, news of suspensions etc., but he doesn't have a clue how the Hawks will use their backs. Rappaport saying this doesn't make it so. From everything I have heard from the Hawks, it's 3-4 weeks, and he is expected to be ready week 1. They might ease Penny in after missing this time, but there is little credibility to think Carson will be a "bell cow" while Penny is on the active roster.
And you disagreeing with his opinion doesn't make it false. He is certainly educated and in the know on the situation. The carson hype train is in full effect! Choo Choo!! 🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃💨💨💨
[/quote]

No he isn't. Educated, in the know? You think Pete Carroll tells Ian Rappaport how they will deploy Carson a month from now? Like I said, if anyone thinks Carson is going to be the "bell cow" with a healthy Penny on the roster, they are borderline delusional.
[/quote]
You can make that argument on any analysis of any player then. Talk all off season has echoed that Carson is going to play a big role on offense and he's been the best back. FF Penny owners are the ones chanting because of his draft position he by default will win the job. Good news on Carson keeps pumping out, matched with the Penny hand surgery, its been a good week for Carson owners.
12 team PPR IDP Dynasty - Starters 17, Bench 15, 7 Rookie Practice squad 3 - 2 pts per tackle
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te 2 flex 1 k, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, 2 flex

QB: J.Burrow, T.Lawerence
RB: Jonathan Taylor, D.Swift, R.Stevenson, Javonte Williams, A.Dillion, D.Jackson
WR: J.Jefferson, C.Lamb, T.Higgins, J.Waddle, T.McLaurin, E.Moore, K.Toney
TE: D.Schultz, E.Engram
K: J.Tucker
DL: TJ Watt, B.Burns, J.Allen, R.Gary, D.Brown
LB: F.Warner, D.Jones, I.Simmons, L.Wilson, TJ Edwards, D.Long, M.Rodrigez, D.Tranquill, M.Walker
DB: D.James, R.Neal

Rookie Practice squad
J.Pitre, D.Bellinger, D.Ojabo, C.Austin, J.Warren, K.Phillips, D.Ridder

2023 Rookie Draft Picks
3rd, 5th, 6th
2024 Rookie Draft Picks
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:43 pm

ap28.allday wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 pm
ap28.allday wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 pm
Ian Rappaport is great for breaking trades, news of suspensions etc., but he doesn't have a clue how the Hawks will use their backs. Rappaport saying this doesn't make it so. From everything I have heard from the Hawks, it's 3-4 weeks, and he is expected to be ready week 1. They might ease Penny in after missing this time, but there is little credibility to think Carson will be a "bell cow" while Penny is on the active roster.
And you disagreeing with his opinion doesn't make it false. He is certainly educated and in the know on the situation. The carson hype train is in full effect! Choo Choo!! 🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃💨💨💨
No he isn't. Educated, in the know? You think Pete Carroll tells Ian Rappaport how they will deploy Carson a month from now? Like I said, if anyone thinks Carson is going to be the "bell cow" with a healthy Penny on the roster, they are borderline delusional.
[/quote]
You can make that argument on any analysis of any player then. Talk all off season has echoed that Carson is going to play a big role on offense and he's been the best back. FF Penny owners are the ones chanting because of his draft position he by default will win the job. Good news on Carson keeps pumping out, matched with the Penny hand surgery, its been a good week for Carson owners.
[/quote]

I'm not arguing anything of what you just said, but I am arguing with Rappaport saying Carson will be the bell cow. To me, a big role is different than bell cow. Bell cow is basically the only RB getting touches, with the odd touch going to another guy. Think Gurley, Zeke, Bell, DJ. Bell cows. Carson is not getting that kind of volume. I don't dispute he could start the year with a significant role in the offense, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:08 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am
MEuRaH wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 am I said this about Carson on page 1:

Looks like Carson will have the RB1 duties going into week 1 because of the injury. He may also end up as the lead back for the season because of it (practice with the 1s = more success) but I'd still put all my eggs in the Penny basket. If I owned Carson, I'd be trading him away no matter what type of team I had. If I needed depth, trade Carson away and try to get someone cheap later on.
Just traded McKinnon and a couple of projected late 2nds for him after the news "broke".
Wow thats the strongest buy on Carson I've seen yet - kudos on being a believer. 8-)
I'm pretty sure he bought Penny, not Carson.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:08 pm
ArrylT wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am

Just traded McKinnon and a couple of projected late 2nds for him after the news "broke".
Wow thats the strongest buy on Carson I've seen yet - kudos on being a believer. 8-)
I'm pretty sure he bought Penny, not Carson.
Yes, the highlighted part was what I was referring to. "but I'd still put all my eggs in the Penny basket" was the quote, I believe. It was Penny I got.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:56 am

Oh well then thats a bold but not too expensive move to acquire Penny.

Carson went many rounds after Penny in a redraft I did last night. Penny went #36 overall while Carson went #114. I passed on Carson to grab T. Cohen and C. Thompson but he was on my board at my next selections (120-121).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 am

So my question is, what would you buy Penny for?
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:16 am

We've heard it from coaches, we've heard it from beat writers, we've heard it from NFL insiders, now we're hearing it from All-Pro linebackers? Positive news keeps being called puff pieces, ulterior motives, uninformed opinions... when the obvious answer is maybe Carson is better than you originally thought? I talked a lot of crap about Devante Adams after his first season of opportunity but I had to come around and say maybe he was better than I thought he was. I didn't own a player who was supposed to play in front of him though, had no horse in the race. But I think the Carson doubters who don't own Penny are much fewer these days. Carson should be arpund the RB20 for dynasty as opposed to his RB60 rank (which used to be higher too).
(RotoWire) Middle Linebacker Bobby Wagner stated Thursday that Carson has been "very, very impressive" in the offseason and in training camp practices, NFL.com reports.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:56 am Oh well then thats a bold but not too expensive move to acquire Penny.

Carson went many rounds after Penny in a redraft I did last night. Penny went #36 overall while Carson went #114. I passed on Carson to grab T. Cohen and C. Thompson but he was on my board at my next selections (120-121).
The only way Cohen should be above Carson in redraft is in a bestball league and that is even questionable. I take Carson above Thompson in bestball and regular redraft and dynasty. It's funny, I snagged Carson in like round 11 or 12 of MFL10s all summer... now he's going in rounds 7 and 8 in a lot of them. Hmmm community is coming around

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 am

psu007 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 am So my question is, what would you buy Penny for?
I wouldn't expect Penny to be less valuable than Guice, but more than RoJo.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 am

_yeti wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 am
ArrylT wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:56 am Oh well then thats a bold but not too expensive move to acquire Penny.

The only way Cohen should be above Carson in redraft is in a bestball league and that is even questionable. I take Carson above Thompson in bestball and regular redraft and dynasty. It's funny, I snagged Carson in like round 11 or 12 of MFL10s all summer... now he's going in rounds 7 and 8 in a lot of them. Hmmm community is coming around
I'd take Cohen pretty easily. I think he has a better chance of long-term relevance as a receiving back than Carson has as a primary ballcarrier.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:58 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 am

I'd take Cohen pretty easily. I think he has a better chance of long-term relevance as a receiving back than Carson has as a primary ballcarrier.

I think Yeti was talking about this year only.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:58 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 am

I think Yeti was talking about this year only.
Yea mainly. I personally don't roster Sproles/Cohen types bc of their low week-to-week floors so I would prefer Carson but I get why ppl would prefer Cohen. He's a special talent... just tiny. Thompson on the other hand meh, much more replaceable than Carson.

Also, receiving back vs primary ball carrier. Those are some pretty disparate qualifiers

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Carson looked "meh" tonight. Had a nice 12 yard run, and a TD that was really well blocked, a little too well blocked(called back on a penalty). He also got stripped on the goal line but it they said the play was blown dead, even though there wasn't a whistle (forward progress had stopped, I think they said), and then proceeded to fumble it away on the goal line the very next play. I was interested to see Carson tonight without Penny mixed in, and I think it confirmed my suspicions that he is a decent back, in a specific role, but certainly not a lead back material. He looks best to me when he can get going and use his power to drive through defenders, but doesn't seem to have the skill set to create on his own too much. The two goal line carries were not overly impressive, to say the least, for a guy who's game is built around power.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:16 am

You want him to fail so bad :crazy:
So what changed without Penny mixed it? What is lead back material? Penny showed lead back material? Why does he need to "create on his own?"

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:54 am

_yeti wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:16 am You want him to fail so bad :crazy:
So what changed without Penny mixed it? What is lead back material? Penny showed lead back material? Why does he need to "create on his own?"
That was my assessment. Not sure how anyone could say he looked good last night. He looked like a decent RB, but nothing special. Nothing to warrant all the hype he's been getting IMO. I was legitimately curious to see him in more action because of all the hype, and last night did not show me enough to make me think it was anything more than hype. To answer that question in bold, since some people like Rappaport are proclaiming he's a "bell cow", you need to create on your own if you are going to be out there all the time, and have any success at it. I still think they will use Carson some, but I don't see the talent for a full time stay on the field in all situations type of guy some are toting him as.

Also, I don't want him to fail, I don't need him to, I just want some people to be realistic about his talent level, his hype is out of control in relation to it, IMO, and all last night did was confirm that more, to me.