Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

Chocolate Droppa
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby Chocolate Droppa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:16 am

Reports from that game indicate favorable reviews for Carson, yet here, he was just meh. Who do I believe? Wasn't able to watch the game.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:47 am

well heavy bias from some here who refuse to believe and stubbornly support their draft picks. Carson is a real threat and its more up to penny realistically to become the threat as carson is the man there obviously. He looked good last night, just shedding tackles. 2 goal line touches is far from telling if someone is lead back material lol. Plus he got the td so thats all that matters. And he created just fine

some people need to hold back a little. their biases show themselves so much that they lose their credibility

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 am

spotxc wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:47 am well heavy bias from some here who refuse to believe and stubbornly support their draft picks. Carson is a real threat and its more up to penny realistically to become the threat as carson is the man there obviously. He looked good last night, just shedding tackles. 2 goal line touches is far from telling if someone is lead back material lol. Plus he got the td so thats all that matters. And he created just fine

some people need to hold back a little. their biases show themselves so much that they lose their credibility
Not true. I have just recently made a trade for Penny, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm not "stubbornly supporting my draft picks." I have said that I think Carson will mix in, at least early, but I don't see him keeping Penny off the field completely. Carson didn't get a TD. He had one called back on a penalty, but that's not a TD. I did not think Carson looked all that great, I'd still make a trade for Penny today if possible, I have seen nothing from Carson to make me think he is that talented. All the hype I have read, and last night was the first time I got to see any sort of volume of touches, and it left me unimpressed COMPARED to the hype he is getting. He looks serviceable, but I don't think he is going to get the Lions share of the touches for any great period of time.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:19 am

Chocolate Droppa wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:16 am Reports from that game indicate favorable reviews for Carson, yet here, he was just meh. Who do I believe? Wasn't able to watch the game.
https://12thmanrising.com/2018/08/19/se ... -not-good/

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... s-carries/

I'm apparently not the only one saying this. Carroll as always keeps it positive, but they state that Carson showed signs of struggling, I mean the title is "Despite struggle Saturday, Chris Carson still in hunt for Seahawks carries", so I'm not exactly on an island by saying he was "meh".

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:31 pm

It's weird how a little debating can turn a player from afterthought into "all the hype." Is winning the role hype? Pretty sure it's just reporting on something that happened.90% of the above Carson voters voted that he will be in a committee, so I think "all the hype" is a bit of an exaggeration.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Hot take of the year, "fumbles are bad!" Lmao you just linked to an entire article about how fumbling is bad.

From your fumble article:
Considering Chris Carson had exactly 0 fumbles during his college career and 0 fumbles in his last 300 touches, including the NFL, I'm going to give the kid a break.

— David Light (@DLight03
I gotta second that when bias is this strong it does affect credibility :wtf: :silent:
Fumbles as an indicator of who he is as a player, this deep into the debate is kind of sketchy/low hanging fruit. Of course fumbles are bad

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:25 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:35 pm Hot take of the year, "fumbles are bad!" Lmao you just linked to an entire article about how fumbling is bad.

From your fumble article:
Considering Chris Carson had exactly 0 fumbles during his college career and 0 fumbles in his last 300 touches, including the NFL, I'm going to give the kid a break.

— David Light (@DLight03
I gotta second that when bias is this strong it does affect credibility :wtf: :silent:
Fumbles as an indicator of who he is as a player, this deep into the debate is kind of sketchy/low hanging fruit. Of course fumbles are bad
That goes both ways. Secondly, I think Penny will lead a committee this year, but there was talk of Carson being the out and out lead back, "bell cow", was used. I'm just saying that based on what I saw, he isn't deserving of "bell cow" type touches, not that he isn't deserving of them at all. Also, given that it was his chance to really put himself in the drivers seat for touches, fumbling twice on the goal line is worse than some random fumble when it comes in this situation. Maybe he bounces back next week, he has another opportunity, we shall see.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Doubling down on your draft investment by trading for him in another league is in fact exactly that stubbornness. Refusing to accept and instead of taking a step back, doubling your shares...you definitely put your money where your mouth is, but out of stubbornness on "your evaluation" despite whats actually going on.

Nobody can force someone to see something they don't want to, so its basically a moot point to try to explain all the factual narratives going on to someone unwilling to accept them

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:13 pm

spotxc wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:57 pm Doubling down on your draft investment by trading for him in another league is in fact exactly that stubbornness. Refusing to accept and instead of taking a step back, doubling your shares...you definitely put your money where your mouth is, but out of stubbornness on "your evaluation" despite whats actually going on.

Nobody can force someone to see something they don't want to, so its basically a moot point to try to explain all the factual narratives going on to someone unwilling to accept them
You speak of this as if it's an absolute. What is going on? Why would I change my evaluation at this point? IT's pre-season. I have not changed my evaluation of Penny because it would be absurd to do so with no body of work to change it. I have maintained that Penny is a RB I want to have in a dynasty setting, and don't view Chris Carson as a long term threat to keeping him off the field. Get off your high horse.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm

stubborn
ADJECTIVE

1. Having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.
‘a stubborn refusal to learn from experience’
‘two stubborn young people intent on doing their own thing’
More example sentencesSynonyms
1.1 Difficult to move, remove, or cure.

I can definitely place you in this category so ill stay on my supposed high horse lol.
Whats going on is your only defense is your bias and bashing aimlessly whatever gets in your way when its clear your perspective is so skewed, its hard to put any weight in it. You might make some good points, but its overshadowed by your stubborn biases

not gonna say you're wrong on penny, cause I can't realistically say that..I can say he's in a lot worse of position than he was when he was drafted due to his supposed inside track on lead job, which is not the case and should be factored in

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:30 pm

spotxc wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm stubborn
ADJECTIVE

1. Having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.
‘a stubborn refusal to learn from experience’
‘two stubborn young people intent on doing their own thing’
More example sentencesSynonyms
1.1 Difficult to move, remove, or cure.

I can definitely place you in this category so ill stay on my supposed high horse lol.
Whats going on is your only defense is your bias and bashing aimlessly whatever gets in your way when its clear your perspective is so skewed, its hard to put any weight in it. You might make some good points, but its overshadowed by your stubborn biases

not gonna say you're wrong on penny, cause I can't realistically say that..I can say he's in a lot worse of position than he was when he was drafted due to his supposed inside track on lead job, which is not the case and should be factored in
You say this despite the fact I have changed my stance on Carson from before, and said I thought he looked good on limited touches last week, and deserved some playing time. After recent comments by guys like Rappaport commenting he could be their bell cow though, after watching that game, he didn't look capable of that. He's never commanded bell cow touches in college or the pros to this point, and my argument was he isn't suited for that, he's not talented enough to warrant it. He can be a role player though, in some sort of committee IMO, and I am not disputing that. I still think Penny is a far more talented RB, and Carson doesn't look to me as someone who will change the course of Penny's career.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 pm

Draft capital draft capital draft capital!! :lol:
We may have a different assessment of draft capital than they do. Pretty sure everyone here would think this is a crazy move for the Seahawks to make
Report: Seahawks offered Colts a second-round pick for Jacoby Brissett

The Seahawks offered the Colts a second-round pick for Brissett but were turned down, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm

_yeti wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 pm Draft capital draft capital draft capital!! :lol:
We may have a different assessment of draft capital than they do. Pretty sure everyone here would think this is a crazy move for the Seahawks to make

The Seahawks offered the Colts a second-round pick for Brissett but were turned down, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
That report was directly refuted by the Colts when asked, per the broadcast tonight on MFL. So much for that post. Keep trollin', cause you know that's what you're doing right now. :thumbup:

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm
_yeti wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 pm Draft capital draft capital draft capital!! :lol:

That report was directly refuted by the Colts when asked, per the broadcast tonight on MFL. So much for that post. Keep trollin', cause you know that's what you're doing right now.
Trolling? I saw an article on yahoo which purported to be true from a journalist with a major publication. Am I supposed to go to the Colts for confirmation? So how am I trolling? It is a report about Seahawks draft capital.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-seahawk ... 07056.html

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:52 pm

_yeti wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm

That report was directly refuted by the Colts when asked, per the broadcast tonight on MFL. So much for that post. Keep trollin', cause you know that's what you're doing right now.
Trolling? I saw an article on yahoo which purported to be true from a journalist with a major publication. Am I supposed to go to the Colts for confirmation? So how am I trolling? It is a report about Seahawks draft capital.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-seahawk ... 07056.html
Come on man, you're using "draft capital" three times in a row followed with two exclamation points followed by an LOL. That's clearly a knock on Penny, and an attempt to remove any credibility to the pick, don't play dumb. Unfortunately, whoever Mike Volin is, doesn't have sources that are relevant, as the Colts shot down the notion the Hawks offered a pick, and in fact said they really hadn't had any offers of note, but they felt confident the had a really good back up, per MNF. You were attempting to use this article to make the Seahawks seem out of touch with talent evaluation. However, there is no proof at all that offer was made, and was refuted by people within the Colts organization. Anyone can post an article, it's another thing to have facts to back it up. Journalism is about credibility and facts, not opinion, or else it just Op-ed, and those are a dime a dozen these days. Cherry picking is very easy in this era of mass media.