52%

Total votes: 94

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:47 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 pm I still can't quit CJ Prosise *ducks*
I still believe in his talent, but his body just hasn't cooperated. He will be the 3rd down RB if he holds up. He's signed cheaply through 2019 as well, so it's possible he resurrects his value to an extent if he can just stay on the field for once. In 2020 he could be competing for significant touches if he is in fact not made of glass.
I heard he worked out with Kevin White this off-season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 pm I still can't quit CJ Prosise *ducks*
I still believe in his talent, but his body just hasn't cooperated. He will be the 3rd down RB if he holds up. He's signed cheaply through 2019 as well, so it's possible he resurrects his value to an extent if he can just stay on the field for once. In 2020 he could be competing for significant touches if he is in fact not made of glass.
Possibly the only recent rookie I could imagine with a comparable or worse injury history. Sadly, I spent a late 1st on him in 2015. I finally cut him last year when his shoulder exploded. Not sure why, it's probably irrational, but I have more belief in Prosise than White moving forward.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:19 am
And Ryan Mathews coached them up
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:37 am

Agree completely. He has a similiar college profile to Kalen Ballage with better inside running ability.
16 team league

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm
_yeti wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm

I think competition is the idea. IF Carson is actually better than Penny, he should play. However, it makes more sense to give everybody reps, as in the NFL, injuries etc happen, often. Everybody should be ready to go. On that note, it makes sense to have your entire backfield getting premium touches in the off-season, and not only RB's, other positions as well. I feel Penny is the better football player, but I don't think that Carson has nothing to offer, and in today's NFL, having multiple RB's that can contribute is a positive for any team. Your Bell, Gurley, DJ only come around every few years, so by no means am I saying both backs can't contribute. If it ended up being a Saints situation, i'd be happy, but I think it's far fetched.
Wouldn't the rookie be the one who needs off-season reps? Why would they want to give the guy with a year in the system the reps to... try to make him a better backup to Penny?
Nope, they all get reps. Just first team and 2nd team. Giving Penny 2nd team reps creates the competition. Complacency does not create a better football player. Giving the first rounder 2nd team reps makes him stay on his toes, and giving the 7th rounder 1st team reps gives him his chance to prove himself, or fade into obscurity with all the other 7th rounders that usually do. Carroll said it on that phone call. "You're going to have to come in and compete." Personally, I think it's his motivational tactic. We just took you in the first round, and we'll use you on special teams and spot running back situations. Really? Come on. To me that's clearly a good cop bad cop routine with the phone call. Either, way it's good for both players. My bet is on the first rounder, in this case, and yours is on the 7th. If Carson makes a name for himself, this thread is going to be epic at this rate, LOL, years from now. I admire your resolve, I just think you're wrong about the talent level of the player.
I think you're creating a narrative to support what you want to happen as far as the reps go. But yes, our positions are well established. And you hit the nail on the head at the end, I'm doing it for the cred 8-) I'll sell all my Carson shares next offseason if I'm right :lol: :twisted:
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 am

I agree, CJ has looked nice. I don't see feature back but I like his talent
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 am

_yeti wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 am
I agree, CJ has looked nice. I don't see feature back but I like his talent
He has the size and showed the ability to run well against NFL competition, granted it's a very small sample size. It all boils down to health.
16 team league

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 pm

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... id-sunday/

Recent comments from the Seattle OC

Also dont look now but CJ Prosise could be the 3rd down back meaning this could be a full-blown RBBC!! Wheeeee

https://www.draftsharks.com/shark-bites ... or-prosise
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 pm

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/278 ... haad-penny

The Carson drumbeats continue - Rashaad fans may need to spend a pretty Penny one hair replacement therapy for all the hair they could end up tearing out if this continues ... ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:12 pm

It's funny to read the Carson/Penny debates. You too can participate, by following this guide to picking a side:

- Coaches and beat writers? Carson is your man.
- Draft pedigree? Penny is your guy.
- Both/no idea? It's a committee!

Then you just try to rephrase this stance in a way no one else has yet. Rinse, repeat!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. These stake-your-flag threads are fun to revisit later. This has turned into one of the more intriguing pre-season popcorn stories to follow.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:20 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 pm https://bleacherreport.com/articles/278 ... haad-penny

The Carson drumbeats continue - Rashaad fans may need to spend a pretty Penny one hair replacement therapy for all the hair they could end up tearing out if this continues ... ;)
"Carson has been the most physically impressive Seahawk on either side of the ball. He's not running as much as he is gliding. And this is a thoroughbred... he's moving faster and looking leaner yet more formidable than that."
lmao, is this an article about football or a romance novel :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:23 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:20 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 pm https://bleacherreport.com/articles/278 ... haad-penny

"Carson has been the most physically impressive Seahawk on either side of the ball. He's not running as much as he is gliding. And this is a thoroughbred... he's moving faster and looking leaner yet more formidable than that."
lmao, is this an article about football or a romance novel :lol:
Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts. Someone just got Eli for Carson in a 14 team SF. :lol:

Penny has been gaining steam, and making big plays consistently.

Seahawks.com

Whether it’s Rashaad Penny making big plays, Shaquem Griffin forcing turnovers, Rasheem Green looking impressive at defensive end, Tre Flowers continuing his growth at cornerback, or even Michael Dickson showing off a huge leg, Seattle’s 2018 draft class has made a strong impression through the first week of training camp. It’s early still, but Seahawks coach Pete Carroll sees in that class a group capable of helping the team right away....

there’s no question about Rashaad Penny and the expanse of things that he can do, from the short yardage running to being split out using him out of the backfield

“The young guys are making a mark, the draft class in particular,” Carroll said. “Guys are showing up, and they look like they’ve got a chance to do something for us now.-end quote

The thing that catches my attention is that they are splitting Penny out. They really have been all over utilizing his pass catching skills from day 1. I'm acutally curious if we will ever see Penny and Carson on the field at the same time in some sets, with Penny split out, due to the major lack of depth/playmakers at WR.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:51 pm

_yeti wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:36 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm
_yeti wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Wouldn't the rookie be the one who needs off-season reps? Why would they want to give the guy with a year in the system the reps to... try to make him a better backup to Penny?
Nope, they all get reps. Just first team and 2nd team. Giving Penny 2nd team reps creates the competition. Complacency does not create a better football player. Giving the first rounder 2nd team reps makes him stay on his toes, and giving the 7th rounder 1st team reps gives him his chance to prove himself, or fade into obscurity with all the other 7th rounders that usually do. Carroll said it on that phone call. "You're going to have to come in and compete." Personally, I think it's his motivational tactic. We just took you in the first round, and we'll use you on special teams and spot running back situations. Really? Come on. To me that's clearly a good cop bad cop routine with the phone call. Either, way it's good for both players. My bet is on the first rounder, in this case, and yours is on the 7th. If Carson makes a name for himself, this thread is going to be epic at this rate, LOL, years from now. I admire your resolve, I just think you're wrong about the talent level of the player.

I think you're creating a narrative to support what you want to happen as far as the reps go.
But yes, our positions are well established. And you hit the nail on the head at the end, I'm doing it for the cred 8-) I'll sell all my Carson shares next offseason if I'm right :lol: :twisted:
I'm not actually convinced Penny is a 3 down back out of the gate, I would not expect it, actually. I do think he will be involved on all 3 downs and eventually take over the lions share of touches. As I posted earlier, they have been splitting Penny out. I'd be interested to see that with Carson also on the field, as they have no depth at WR. It would be an niteresting look, and a lot of different motion plays could be run off of it.

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Pumphrey looked insane in that same offense and broke a ton of records. I think Penny has a much higher bust probability than whoever drafts him in any league I'm in, that's for sure. And Chris Carson is actually a really good player.

Last year, I felt the same about Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware. I also felt that that offense would make a very good RB a great RB. Ware tears his ACL in pre-season, and the rest is history. If he hadn't, I wonder if Spencer Ware wouldn't be a top 15 startup RB.

So who knows how it's going to turn out. But as long as both are healthy, I really think Penny is going to have a big challenge in wrestling the starting job away from big, angry Chris Carson.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater