Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition

Postby TTHTD » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:15 pm

I've never seen a RB taken in the 1st round get dumped on more than Penny is. As soon as he was drafted Carson became worthless. Great time to sell him though. He's worth a late 3rd but you could probably get a 2nd for him with so many people eating the OTA hype.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Its worth a shot as a good stash so im in.

Always down for a backfield that isnt 100 percent settled. Booker, Brieda etc are other decent stashes
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 pm

DJB wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:15 pm Its worth a shot as a good stash so im in.

Always down for a backfield that isnt 100 percent settled. Booker, Brieda etc are other decent stashes
This is where I am with him as well. I’m stashing Booker too, although I picked Joe Williams in SF because I think he has the better upside.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 pm
Phaded wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 pm I think you are missing my point. At this time of year, it does not matter who beat writers and the like project to be starting. Yes those situations are different, but it is not uncommon at all for rookies to be taking a backseat right now.

It's not that I believe in Penny as much as it is that I do not believe in Carson.
First round rookie RB's have average one 250 touches over the last little while. Can't remember the exacts, but it was a good deal of data over many years, and the touches were in the 260's or above on average, I believe, so chances are Penny plays, and plays a lot.
...and?
I am not saying that Penny is not going to play. I am saying that in July - before anything meaningful, these projections (ie. Carson being the #1) are common.

It almost sounds like you are trying to argue with me but you are supporting me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 pm
Phaded wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 pm I think you are missing my point. At this time of year, it does not matter who beat writers and the like project to be starting. Yes those situations are different, but it is not uncommon at all for rookies to be taking a backseat right now.

It's not that I believe in Penny as much as it is that I do not believe in Carson.
First round rookie RB's have average one 250 touches over the last little while. Can't remember the exacts, but it was a good deal of data over many years, and the touches were in the 260's or above on average, I believe, so chances are Penny plays, and plays a lot.
...and?
I am not saying that Penny is not going to play. I am saying that in July - before anything meaningful, these projections (ie. Carson being the #1) are common.

It almost sounds like you are trying to argue with me but you are supporting me.
I was supporting your point. Should have been more clear. It doesn't matter what a beat writer says about Carson at this time of year (as you said, and I completely agree), there is a huge body of evidence to suggest Penny will play and play a lot.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 am I was supporting your point. Should have been more clear. It doesn't matter what a beat writer says about Carson at this time of year (as you said, and I completely agree), there is a huge body of evidence to suggest Penny will play and play a lot.
Being that I have been the one posting beat writer quotes, let me clarify my position as well. I know more about football than the beat writer! I am using him to support my position, not using his words to form my position.

I'm planting a flag, Carson sees a minimum 35% of the touches and could be all the way up to 70%. Draft capital does not necessarily equate to actual football utility. Maybe it is an organization that has been run first for a long time and they didn't want to pass on Penny's talent knowing that if they use Carson to bang, injuries could and probably will pop up again. I am betting 60/40 Carson or 50/50 Carson and people's draft capital minds will be blown.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm I feel like this is the same thing we went through with Rawls.
To reiterate.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

_yeti wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm Being that I have been the one posting beat writer quotes, let me clarify my position as well. I know more about football than the beat writer! I am using him to support my position, not using his words to form my position.

I'm planting a flag, Carson sees a minimum 35% of the touches and could be all the way up to 70%. Draft capital does not necessarily equate to actual football utility. Maybe it is an organization that has been run first for a long time and they didn't want to pass on Penny's talent knowing that if they use Carson to bang, injuries could and probably will pop up again. I am betting 60/40 Carson or 50/50 Carson and people's draft capital minds will be blown.
Yikes, well I guess I hope you're wrong! :D

Seems crazy not to ride Penny right out of the gate if he's ready, but this is the NFL. Where anything happens. Especially at RB.

God I hate RBs. Use to love 'em. Last decade? Hate 'em! :wall:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm I feel like this is the same thing we went through with Rawls.
To reiterate.
And that was my thread. And I was on the opposite side of the argument. And in the minority. And right.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm
_yeti wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm Being that I have been the one posting beat writer quotes, let me clarify my position as well. I know more about football than the beat writer! I am using him to support my position, not using his words to form my position.

Seems crazy not to ride Penny right out of the gate if he's ready, but this is the NFL. Where anything happens. Especially at RB.

Every tool isn't the same. Everyone can't be Zeke, Gurley, Barkley, do all jobs, 3 down, bip bap boom. Penny definitely has more wiggle, no one would argue that you would rather have Carson catch a pass in space than Penny. But will people honestly argue that on 3rd and Goal, if you are the coach, you would rather send Penny through that hole? I love RBs nowadays, my favorite thing to try to predict.

You still need an RB that will put their head down and get the tough yards. I don't see that in Penny. Further, Carson gets WAY too little credit for what he can do at his size as far as speed, receiving, and all of that is based on draft capital also.

Draft capital is the easiest way for us to armchair this, this so that, much harder to make a call like this!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm

_yeti wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Every tool isn't the same. Everyone can't be Zeke, Gurley, Barkley, do all jobs, 3 down, bip bap boom. Penny definitely has more wiggle, no one would argue that you would rather have Carson catch a pass in space than Penny. But will people honestly argue that on 3rd and Goal, if you are the coach, you would rather send Penny through that hole? I love RBs nowadays, my favorite thing to try to predict.

You still need an RB that will put their head down and get the tough yards. I don't see that in Penny. Further, Carson gets WAY too little credit for what he can do at his size as far as speed, receiving, and all of that is based on draft capital also.

Draft capital is the easiest way for us to armchair this, this so that, much harder to make a call like this!
Yes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm

It was rhetorical. Check back midseason

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

_yeti wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 pm
To reiterate.
And that was my thread. And I was on the opposite side of the argument. And in the minority. And right.
Rawls being a bust was very predictable.
Just like Carson.
And I really don't think you were as much of a minority as you imply.
Here - you absolutely are.

Heck - Davis has just a much a shot as Carson.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

To reiterate.
Rawls being a bust was very predictable.
Just like Carson.
And I really don't think you were as much of a minority as you imply.
Here - you absolutely are.

Heck - Davis has just a much a shot as Carson.
You put your foot in your mouth,
put your foot in your mouth,
and you put your foot in your mouth again lolll.

Um in a poll running all offseason with 251 forum members participating 77% said Rawls was a top 20 dynasty RB.

24% said he was a top 10 dynasty RB and 53% he was a 10-20 dynasty RB and a DLF writer argued with me for him being top 10.

Saying Davis has as much of a shot as him says everything that needs to be said about your take on the matter. I'll absolutely eat my words if I'm wrong but that Davis take is bonkers. In no universe does that happen

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:14 pm

To reiterate.
I agreed with you then and agree with you now.

Edit/addition: that said, the confident manner of your posts can come off as arrogant to a lot of people, which will make them naturally oppose your views, even if only subconsciously.
“I told you so” posts influence minds to close and argue, rather than open and listen.