Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Chris Carson Hype for real?

Postby skip » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:31 pm Do people even read what's been posted before throwing the exact same topics out?
Pretty much never. Go to the team advice page. There's probably someone who posted today asking about a pick around 1.02-1.05 and which from the group of RBs to take there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:48 am

I am also sensitive about this kind of stuff, especially misplaced trade advice posts. And probably also considered a "get of my lawn" type.

Ultimately it isn't about the OPs as much as us regulars who respond to them. All to often, a guy still gets 8 - 10 responses, many of them from guys with 100s or 1000s of posts. I understand many will say "so what". Well I will respond with a "so what, so what." Why encourage misplaced posts. Usually it's newbies, and they need to learn one way or another. The problem is it doesn't help when the general perception is that anything goes. That's where regular posters come in.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:52 am

If Carson plays over Penny all season or even into the 2nd half of the season then I couldn't expect Carroll to be in Seattle for long.

1. You have a lot of glaring needs...other than RB....and yet you start a 7th Round Pick over the RB you just picked 27th overall.

2. You're a terrible evaluator and Penny stinks.

Either way you put it, it doesn't look good.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:12 am

skip wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:31 pm Do people even read what's been posted before throwing the exact same topics out?
Pretty much never. Go to the team advice page. There's probably someone who posted today asking about a pick around 1.02-1.05 and which from the group of RBs to take there.
Team advice is brutal. Ive read 1.3, Julio or Brandin Cooks value posts soooo many times.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby hockeyBjj » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:59 am

News blurbs saying Carson played with 1st team the 1st two days of camps

Don't make me go offer a 3rd to the Carson owner for a BS handcuff :( I just bought Penny for D Henry as I saw him as the safer option with Dion Lewis in town.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:57 am

NFL Network is all over Carson as a "1st round talent" now too, they were just gushing about him.

I'm equal parts baffled, concerned and amused.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:06 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:59 am News blurbs saying Carson played with 1st team the 1st two days of camps

Don't make me go offer a 3rd to the Carson owner for a BS handcuff :( I just bought Penny for D Henry as I saw him as the safer option with Dion Lewis in town.
It's the 2nd day, relax. Pete Carrol also gushed about Carson being a special talent for their special teams (not returning). How many starting RB's play special teams? I think it's way too early to be concerned. Way too early. I also read Penny had a nice catch in a scrimmage on an out route with the first team. None of this means much. Pass protection is going to be the thing Penny needs to be better at. If he doesn't, and Carson is better at it, we could see Carson steal snaps, but I think Penny is too good not to see significant touches. This is the time of year where every little thing is dissected in a practice, but it's way too early to worry about anything at this point. If by the 4th pre-season game Penny is still behind Carson, then we should be concerned.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:55 am

Posted this in another thread but probably has more relevance here:

If Carson plays over Penny all season or even into the 2nd half of the season then I couldn't expect Carroll to be in Seattle for long.

1. You have a lot of glaring needs...other than RB....and yet you start a 7th Round Pick over the RB you just picked 27th overall.

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:31 am

Servo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:55 am Posted this in another thread but probably has more relevance here:

After reading this, the first thing that came to me was all the crap Mike Shanahan got for drafting Cousins in the 4th after the team traded their soul for RGIII. You never know how things will play out. Growing up as an Aztec fan, I hope Penny can put it all together, but as a fantasy player, I'm all in on Carson. It's never a bad thing to have two starting RBs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Servo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:55 am Posted this in another thread but probably has more relevance here:

This is it, for Carroll. I think as someone pointed out in the Cooper thread, though, FF players are too reactive. We are 3 days into training camp. I think it was Yeti who started this thread, and made the Cooper comment, but for anyone to try and glean info on to who the starting RB is at this point is just grasping at straws, because nobody knows. I assume Penny will at some point make his way to the head of the depth chart, as I think he is the more talented player, but it's just pure speculation by anybody at this point.

In closing, I agree with the fact if Penny can't become the starter and get the bulk of the touches, the Hawks will need to look at a coaching change, and perhaps a GM change as well. If they truly believed Carson could be the guy, then why waste the pick on Penny?

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:16 pm

There's more than two ways to put it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:17 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:57 am NFL Network is all over Carson as a "1st round talent" now too, they were just gushing about him.

I'm equal parts baffled, concerned and amused.
I found out it was Greg Rosenthal. Not surprising, he was never a scout, and spews out nonsense constantly. He also suggested to take Chris Carson early in drafts (FF redraft). I don't know how Rosenthal has a job doing what he does, TBH.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:04 pm

One of the best things about football compared to other sports is it has always had a "next man up" philosophy. A 16 game season is way different a 82 game NBA season or a 160 or whatever baseball is... with their guaranteed contracts. And football has real violence and frequent injuries. Football has ALWAYS been a sport where no ones job is safe, including coaches and front office. It is crazy to me that people can't comprehend that a guy with a ton of physical upside and a year in the system might be outplaying a new draft pick and that draft capital only gets you in the door. You may get a longer leash and more opportunity the more capital spent, but if you are being outplayed the other guy will usually get a shot. I love how everyone here off of small conference college highlights and draft capital all are anointing Penny as being so head and shoulders better than Carson.

Contradictions:
Saying coaches should be fired if they take him in the first and then Carson starts over him, while ppl basing most of their valuation simply on that first round pedigree. It was the very end of the 1st btw. Also love how ppl are acting like Carroll hasn't had major success in Seattle and hasn't unearthed other looked over players before in creating playoff and super bowl teams. Sheesh. People literally just want THEIR THING in fantasy to work out and are building their narrative around it. Now this is getting Carroll canned? FOH lol
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Right - it is certainly within the realm of possibilities that Carson is this years Thielen to Pennys Treadwell. Does not mean that is how it will play out - just that it can happen.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Seattle shouldn't favor players because of draft position, that's a losing proposition

A losing proposition is spending early picks on players who don't start immediately at a position that hardly requires that much "development time". Why wouldn't Seattle continue to trade down and select a Guice or Royce Freeman later on if there was/is such an infatuation with Carson and his games against Green Bay, San Fran, Tennessee and Indy lol??

The defense lost Richard Sherman, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, and Kam Chancellor, and are in the middle of a contract dispute with Earl Thomas. Should LA continue on its upward trajectory and if San Fran takes a step forward, it's not far-fetched to see Seattle and or fans asking questions....and making potentially, dumba$$ draft selections won't help.
Last edited by Servo on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.