Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:25 pm

What a run by Carson

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby _yeti » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:31 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:25 pm What a run by Carson
Was literally typing as you posted: "Did anyone else see that herculean goal line run by Carson?"

Injuries may shorten his career or limit his power in the future but there is no credible argument that Penny is anywhere near a better back at this stage in their careers.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:33 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:31 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:25 pm What a run by Carson
Was literally typing as you posted: "Did anyone else see that herculean goal line run by Carson?"

Injuries may shorten his career or limit his power in the future but there is no credible argument that Penny is anywhere near a better back at this stage in their careers.
Great run. I honestly think next year it's going to be a 2 back thing, with Carson being the Ingram type, and Penny being the Kamara type. Penny is more capable of more explosive plays, nobody can deny that, but Carson's toughness and ability to keep churning yards out after contact are incredible. Really hope to see Penny used as a receiver more next year, to get him out into space. As good as Carson is, he can't make plays like the one Penny made last week, where he runs 83 yards to get 17. That type of ability needs to be utilized by the coaching staff more, getting Penny in space in the passing game is a logical answer to it. I really feel like they could have a more potent offense with Penny getting catches, even if he only gets 10 carries a game. He need to get the ball, more at some point, he's too talented not to get touches. Those hard nosed runs by Carson will have a place, he isn't going anywhere at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:01 pm

With 2 games left to go - it seems likely he is a safe bet to reach 1000 yards+. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:35 am

Somehow Carson is still the consensus ranked RB44 on DLFs RB rankings! Wow. Bet owners aren't selling for that type of price. He's under Ekeler, Thompson, Hines, all these COP backs. So little respect... Penny is RB23...

Buying Carson cheap at the most expensive position helped contribute for me to take home my first two championships and a bunch of MFL10 wins.

Semifinals and championships rounds:
49 carries, 235 yards, 3 TDs

Season total as of week 16:
228 carries, 1029 yards, 8 TDs

I'll take it! Think we see that ranking move substantially upward in the offseason
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:20 am

_yeti wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:35 am Somehow Carson is still the consensus ranked RB44 on DLFs RB rankings! Wow. Bet owners aren't selling for that type of price. He's under Ekeler, Thompson, Hines, all these COP backs. So little respect... Penny is RB23...

Buying Carson cheap at the most expensive position helped contribute for me to take home my first two championships and a bunch of MFL10 wins.

Semifinals and championships rounds:
49 carries, 235 yards, 3 TDs

Season total as of week 16:
228 carries, 1029 yards, 8 TDs

I'll take it! Think we see that ranking move substantially upward in the offseason
Great time for Penny to miss time if you were in the playoffs. I admit I underestimated Carson. I think he and Penny (I am assuming Davis will move on) will be quite the duo to handle next year. I'd like to see an Ingram/Kamara type approach, and am hoping Penny gets involved more in the passing game. Carson definitely grinds out the tough yards, and Penny is highly explosive. I think the Hawks have a really good makeup to be a tough team to beat, from a purely football perspective, having those 2 backs next year, with Penny further acclimated to the NFL, will be a handful. From a FF perspective, I'm a little disappointed as a Penny owner, after seeing Detroit was the team that offered to trade for him at the draft, knowing Penny would most likely be Detroit's lead back. Seattle has a much better situation going forward though, they really have put together a good looking team after a lot of people had written them off.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:05 am

Carson definitely helped a team win a league in one of my leagues, and they took down a 13-0 team in the process.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:08 am

Carson definitely impressed a lot of people this season and proved some of us wrong. I drafted Penny and sold him mid-season for decent value. Wish I heeded Yeti's input earlier...

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Yeah, at some point, after having drafted Penny and seeing this crazy situation unfold, I traded for Carson "just in case."

Great move - he helped me get that 'ship!

As for the future, I'll just have to manage Carson and Penny on my team. Sure, not a great fantasy roster situation, but whatever, RB is total chaos anyway.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 pm

In the process of exposing the Dallas run D as not only not elite but as very poor tonight, the Rams have continued to expose Carson as a poor excuse for an elite back as well.

Last 2 week’s rushing numbers against the Boys:
Carson 13 rushes for 20 yards. 1.5ypc.
Penny 4 for 29. 7.2ypc.
CJA 20 for 110. 5.5ypc. 2TD
Gurley 14 for 114. 7.6ypc. 1TD

One of these things just doesn’t belong here!

Carson is clearly the worst of this bunch, and was exposed as a high effort, low talent back in the wild card game. Not likely to get another sample of the Cowboys poor run D in the playoffs as the Rams are heading towards a win here, but watching the wild card game and seeing the stats and watching this game all but 100% proves how overrated Carson is. If the Hawks had started Penny they likely would have won, probably handily.

You have to think the Seahawks aren’t incompetent and will see how they bungled their RB depth chart to the point of losing a playoff game, and will move on to Penny as at least their 1A in a committee next year, if not the outright lead back on his own. It is just bonkers to think how bad Carson is that he actually managed to make this run D look good.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:14 pm

I am not a Carson apologist by any means..

But comparing defensive play at home vs on the road as your main argument is pretty facetious.

Beyond that, Dallas averaged out as a top 5 run stopping defense during the year. On the flipside, the Rams ranked as the top run blocking team.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:14 pm I am not a Carson apologist by any means..

But comparing defensive play at home vs on the road as your main argument is pretty facetious.
Not sure you know what that word means. Regardless, I wasn’t just comparing them at home vs away. Not sure where you came up with that idea?

Penny averaged over 7ypc in the same game Carson bleep the bed with 1.5. I mean even Mike Davis wasn’t good(he’s by far the least talented rusher out of all of these guys by a country mile) yet he had almost double the ypc last week as Carson.

What I said in the game thread last week about Carson being a lower talent higj effort back that was completely exposed when a defense ratcheted up the intensity and effort to his level in the playoffs not only holds true after this week but is strongly bolstered by what we just watched.
Team 1

RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:23 pm

The fact that you are quoting YPC off a 4 carry sample size tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

Once again, I am not a Carson supporter but your logic is stupid.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:23 pm The fact that you are quoting YPC off a 4 carry sample size tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

Once again, I am not a Carson supporter but your logic is stupid.
Eye test as well with Penny. Everything backs it up. And not just in that game, but all season.

And 1 of those 4 carries that Penny had was longer than all but 1 of Carson’s carries he has had. Ever. In his entire CAREER.

Carson just ain’t it, especially compared to Penny, and I’ve given you the stats that show that, and the eye test even more so than the stats shows it. Conversely, you’ve offered literally nothing here, either to back that or the opposite, other than quibbling about little nonsense technicalities that don’t hold up to scrutiny.

The ONE and only rebuttal is that Seattle could continue to choose to go with the inferior back, or go with a full-time split backfield committee(which isn’t actually unreasonable on their part). My point is that Carson definitely bleep the bed and single ha deadly lost them that wild card game, and that Penny is obviously the better back, and thus should get the opportunity to get the lion’s share of volume next year. Should
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*