Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Not comparing him to Murray other than like Murray it is quite feasible he'll have multi-year usage for fantasy owners* - ie Murray has been an RB2 now for like 4 years I think ...

But the fact that he looks & plays better than Murray to many suggests again that he is on the right track for that kind of fantasy value. :)

* - I believe yeti was the first to suggest Carson could/would have such potential :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm

This is a funny situation. Just looking back on how it started on the 1st page from some raves in OTAs for Carson to what it's developed into now. Now, the tables have turned and there's a huge buy low window on Penny if you still think he can eventually get the job.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm This is a funny situation. Just looking back on how it started on the 1st page from some raves in OTAs for Carson to what it's developed into now. Now, the tables have turned and there's a huge buy low window on Penny if you still think he can eventually get the job.
Is there though? From my experiences with these highly drafted players, most owners simply hold them tight and truther it out for years. Every single positive development will be met with claims of, "See!", "He's back", "Let's get this hype party started".
See:
Watkins, Sammy
Gordon, Josh
Parker, Devante

And if I am being honest and including myself in this group of fools, Allen Robinson.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm This is a funny situation. Just looking back on how it started on the 1st page from some raves in OTAs for Carson to what it's developed into now. Now, the tables have turned and there's a huge buy low window on Penny if you still think he can eventually get the job.
Is there though? From my experiences with these highly drafted players, most owners simply hold them tight and truther it out for years. Every single positive development will be met with claims of, "See!", "He's back", "Let's get this hype party started".
See:
Watkins, Sammy
Gordon, Josh
Parker, Devante

And if I am being honest and including myself in this group of fools, Allen Robinson.
There is in relation to where he was going in the summer. Penny was going in the Top 5 of rookie drafts before the Carson news really started to get attention.

You could probably get him for a lot less now from a frustrated owner. There's not much patience with RBs, especially ones who haven't proven anything.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm

At this point, if I'm a Carson owner, it's really only the lengthy injury history I'm worried about. Not insofar as that it's diminished his athleticism (it hasn't), but that it suggests he's prone to minor injuries, e.g. like Chris Ivory always has been.
Is there though? From my experiences with these highly drafted players, most owners simply hold them tight
QFT
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 pm At this point, if I'm a Carson owner, it's really only the lengthy injury history I'm worried about. Not insofar as that it's diminished his athleticism (it hasn't), but that it suggests he's prone to minor injuries, e.g. like Chris Ivory always has been.
Is there though? From my experiences with these highly drafted players, most owners simply hold them tight
QFT
Yeah, there are some guys who get panicky, but as a Penny guy, I am not selling for anything less than I drafted him for, he hasn't even had the opportunity to play a full game. In the past few games he has gotten carries, he's looked good, so you just have to hold. It's Dynasty, and people always want immediate production. I admit I was hoping for it, but guys like Boyd and Melvin Gordon are great examples of young players not starting off hot but becoming productive. The Hawks invested a first in Penny, you have to believe at some point he'll get more of a shot to see what he can do, but it certainly doesn't hurt to test the owner of Penny in your league, not everyone thinks like I do, and some want to bail early.

Really wish Seattle had just let the Pats draft Penny, as the reports were that they would have taken him instead of Michel. Nothing Penny owners should do but hold.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Not fantasy related - just something to help you cheer on Carson ...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... n-seattle/

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:43 am

I want to make this same thread in the offseason next year... but for Penny lol

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm very disappointed in the inactivity in this thread after today
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:50 pmHowever - I fully expect this to get thrown into question again at some point in the near future and personally would still not want to start any Seahawks running back with regularity.
I said this two weeks ago..
"near future" indeed.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Don't bother sending offers for Penny now. :lol:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:56 pm

I doubt Penny is suddenly promoted to starter from this one game, but I think today does establish Mike Davis as no longer the clear no. 2 on the chart.

But Davis was also quite good today, so I think either a.) Carson still comes back as the leadback next week and it's business as usual despite Penny and Davis kicking butt -- afterall, Davis balled out Week 4 with Carson out and that didn't usurp Carson then -- or b.) it's now a three-man platoon.

This coming week might actually be a little bit of a sell window for Penny. Not a sell-high window, but now maybe one could get back what they originally spent.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:01 pm

This is Carsons 8th game (out of 14) where he has gotten double digit carries, and 4th in a row. 8 out of 12 if you ignore the 2 games he missed due to injury. If they keep this up he could hit 1000 yards.

Mike Davis has 5 games with double digit carries.

Rashaad Penny has 1.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:01 pm This is Carsons 8th game (out of 14) where he has gotten double digit carries, and 4th in a row. 8 out of 12 if you ignore the 2 games he missed due to injury. If they keep this up he could hit 1000 yards.

Mike Davis has 5 games with double digit carries.

Rashaad Penny has 1.
Maddening. He's by far the most explosive back they have, and a big play waiting to happen. Carson is a good hard runner, and deserves touches, but Penny's usage is asinine.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:13 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets increased workload come playoff time.