52%

Total votes: 94

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:08 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... the-future

This NFL writer predicts Carson will win the Seattle job - which pretty much ensures that Penny will be the bellcow. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 am

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 am

Damn, penny looked fast as hell out there... Scary that a guy that is around 220+ looks like the fastest on the field. Granted it is pre season but regardless he looked like he has some jets...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am

On the other side of the ball, Chris Carson (6.5 YPA) far outplayed rookie Rashaad Penny (2.0 YPA) in the backfield.

-- Jeremy Bergman

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:46 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 am Damn, penny looked fast as hell out there... Scary that a guy that is around 220+ looks like the fastest on the field. Granted it is pre season but regardless he looked like he has some jets...
Yeah, he created his own yards on at least 3 plays. 2nd team OL hung him out to dry a few times, leaving guys completely unblocked and getting stopped in his tracks behind the LOS, but I was happy with what I saw, especially getting out and catching a few passes, albeit for modest gains. Procise can't stay healthy, so I think Penny is the 3rd down guy in passing situations in the near future.

Carson looked good too, but he looks more like a grinder. He had one big gain of 12, the hole was big enough to drive a truck through, but he pushed the DB back a few yards at the end of the run. Definitely does not have the same "juice" Penny does, but he does deserve some touches throughout a game, from what I saw.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:47 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am On the other side of the ball, Chris Carson (6.5 YPA) far outplayed rookie Rashaad Penny (2.0 YPA) in the backfield.

-- Jeremy Bergman
That's inaccurate. The blocking was the reason. They both played well, I watched the game. Penny would have had the same yardage as Carson, at least, had he been in on those runs. Listing the YPC doesn't mean anything if you don't see the plays. As a pure football fan, I actually liked the way the Hawks moved the ball with Carson and Penny. No reason Penny can't get 20 touches a game if they use them the way they did the first few drives, but Carson's stat line vs Penny's stat line is misleading, I watched every play and Carson got some plays with some great blocking, he still did what he had to do on them, but 3 times Penny had completely unblocked players (at least one of them multiple players) meet him as he took the handoff. He was not outplayed, nor did he outplay Carson. They both looked good.

Bergman made the prediction Carson would win the starting job a few days ago, so he's just driving his own narrative.

I could actually see Prosise being on the roster bubble if he can't stay healthy in pre-season. Penny looked good on third downs, consistently being open, and I don't see him offering anything Carson or Davis don't provide on early downs.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 am http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... son-Week-1

Couldnt find one for Chris Carson.
Thanks for the share. Wow did his line utterly hose home, never gave him a lick of space. Twice he had a tackler waiting for him right as he got the handoff lol

Looked very fast for his size, like a guy who's 15 pounds light. Quick burst to get to that speed too. Had one awesome jump cut, a few others were he stutter stepped more than I'd like rather than just planting and going. Like his speed for his size causes him to need to gather himself before making a move once he is infact going
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:05 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 am http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... son-Week-1

Couldnt find one for Chris Carson.
Thanks for the share. Wow did his line utterly hose home, never gave him a lick of space. Twice he had a tackler waiting for him right as he got the handoff lol

Looked very fast for his size, like a guy who's 15 pounds light. Quick burst to get to that speed too. Had one awesome jump cut, a few others were he stutter stepped more than I'd like rather than just planting and going. Like his speed for his size causes him to need to gather himself before making a move once he is infact going
Agreed. From what I saw, he passed the eye test. FWIW, Carson looked good to, but he is definitely a different type of back.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:46 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 am Damn, penny looked fast as hell out there... Scary that a guy that is around 220+ looks like the fastest on the field. Granted it is pre season but regardless he looked like he has some jets...
Yeah, he created his own yards on at least 3 pays. 2nd team OL hung him out to dry a few times, leaving guys completely unblocked and getting stopped in his tracks behind the LOS, but I was happy with what I saw, especially getting out and catching a few passes, albeit for modest gains. Procise can't stay healthy, so I think Penny is the 3rd down guy in passing situations in the near future.

Carson looked good too, but he looks more like a grinder. He had one big gain of 12, the hole was big enough to drive a truck through, but he pushed the DB back a few yards at the end of the run. Definitely does not have the same "juice" Penny does, but he does deserve some touches throughout a game, from what I saw.
I agree with this, I didn’t get to watch their game live because I was watching the Cowboys-49ers game but watching the highlights, Penny looked good to me, considering there wasn’t much of any blocking for him. I also agree that Penny will get a lot, if not most of the 3rd down work because I think Procise will be cut. Also, Penny looked really fast to me, especially for a guy who supposedly weighs 236, or whatever :crazy:

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 am

Prosise needs to either be converted in a WR or just hang it up. Shame because the guy flashed so much game-breaking potential.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am

Poll is closed! Carson squeeked up to 23% with two bold souls saying he wins the job outright.

23 Penny-believers say no sir to the offseason hype and predict he wins the job outright.

73% see the writing on the wall and predict a committee one way or the other. Now let the games begin! Hoping for neither to get hurt so we can see a full season of their play (a lot to ask I feel like)!
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:46 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am Poll is closed! Carson squeeked up to 23% with two bold souls saying he wins the job outright.

23 Penny-believers say no sir to the offseason hype and predict he wins the job outright.

73% see the writing on the wall and predict a committee one way or the other. Now let the games begin! Hoping for neither to get hurt so we can see a full season of their play (a lot to ask I feel like)!
According to Monty Python, neither can possibly get hurt. Unless they are goats.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 am Poll is closed! Carson squeeked up to 23% with two bold souls saying he wins the job outright.

Would you take Aaron Jones over Chris Carson? I said you'd take Chris Carson but if you'd prefer Jones let me know so I can correct my answer in the team advice thread. :mrgreen:

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Would you take Aaron Jones over Chris Carson? I said you'd take Chris Carson but if you'd prefer Jones let me know so I can correct my answer in the team advice thread. :mrgreen:
Carson all-day for me (similar ADPs in MFL10s and I loaded up on Carson). Jones has better home run potential but I like Carson to get more volume as well as goal line work. I see them as committee backs in opposite roles. They'd be a nice tandem together a la 2017 Oakland with Carson as Lynch and Jones as Richard.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 pm

... so it looks like there is a chance... Good thing I picked up Carson in the third or fourth round

Woot woot
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06