No
51%

Total votes: 39

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Fantasy IR Question - Poll

Postby Servo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

Let me know if I'm wrong but NFL teams have to wait until mini-camp before putting guys on PUP/IR and they reaffirm this before the season begins in late August/early September.

Hunter Henry situation....guy tears ACL in OTAs, slated to be out all of 2018, however, this is before the team and MFL have an official IR designation. Should the owner be allowed to put him on IR?

Or does doing so create too much of a grey area? Leading to other league members trying to argue other injuries, etc.
Last edited by Servo on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Re: Fantasy IR Question - Poll

Postby JDogil12 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 am

I would need to see the player go on the Injured Reserve

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

It sucks but it's part of the game. Should follow the NFL roster rules IMO. If you really want to appease owners just let the league vote on it and then that way there are no issues.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I agree with Jason3123. This is absolutely a slippery slope. I've seen it first hand and it's a logistical nightmare from the perspective of a commissioner. Sucks but it is what it is. No IR designation by NFL/MFL, no IR eligibility.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Agree with others that you don't want to go down that path. The team has to wait until the player has an IR-eligible status to move him to an IR spot.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm I agree with Jason3123. This is absolutely a slippery slope. I've seen it first hand and it's a logistical nightmare from the perspective of a commissioner. Sucks but it is what it is. No IR designation by NFL/MFL, no IR eligibility.
yup. only way to do it so that its 100% fair to all. you get an injury you deal with it until they are officially IR and then you move them to IR. doesnt need to be more complicated than that. does it kinda suck for the person who lost a player? yes, will it suck when that happens to someone else and not them? also yes. things happen and its the most fair and confusion free way to run things.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm No IR designation by NFL/MFL, no IR eligibility.
Exactly how my leagues have always done it. Players out for other reasons (PUP, SUS, etc.) are not eligible and as soon as they are no longer on IR they must be activated or dropped.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

the way the question reads I would say yes a pre preseason should be allowed to go on IR, once the NFL team puts them on IR.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:09 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm No IR designation by NFL/MFL, no IR eligibility.
Exactly how my leagues have always done it. Players out for other reasons (PUP, SUS, etc.) are not eligible and as soon as they are no longer on IR they must be activated or dropped.
This should always be the way it is if you have an IR at all
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

I used to agree with all of the above, but earlier this year gave an exemption to the shazier owner. Out for season as pitts has already stated was eligible

Edited now that I have time to expand:

I think leagues have to be flexible. I have some salary contract leagues that force teams to take cap penalties for retired players they wish to cut. Which I disagree with. While ir is a team status (such that players can go from out to ir to free agents, having been bought out with an injury settlement) the agruement for ridigity is understandable, but being rational must also have some room in the conversation.

I allowed shazier on ir as we have a salary cap league where i.r. doesnt count towards the cap. His out for season is obvious and denying a team this cap space effects the competitive nature of the league (as those funds could be used on a replacement player) getting access to the additional funds doesn't help a team replace the player after our free agent auctions are over, nor can they trade for a similar priced player.

While the hunter owner doesn't see all of those benefits at this time as our auctions are over I'd likely allow ir, in order to allow the team a chance to adjust their roster accordingly. The injury was serious enough we know he isn't playing for 7 months, it's not a high ankle sprain and week to week for a month.

Again, I'm writing this based on my salary cap leagues, in my contract cap leagues we don't have an off season roster limit so it makes no difference being on ir or not.
Last edited by millworkguy on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:18 pm

EDIT: I meant to vote "no" but accidentally clicked "yes" because I misread the poll title.

I'm interested to hear from the perspective of those that voted "yes" to see how it can be justified. All I can see is a headache and nightmare situation for the commissioner, who would have to review every single injury on a case-by-case basis. It would be a mess.

This issue came up in my fantasy baseball league earlier this year and led to an argument in our group chat, because one source said Michael Brantley was on the DL, yet the team's official website on MLB.com and ESPN did not have him listed as on the DL. It was determined after a lengthy discussion that until it was MLB-official, and subsequently ESPN-official, that the player could not be dropped to the DL despite the fact that we all knew this player was not going to be playing on opening day.

The same should go for someone like Hunter Henry.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Yep just waiting to put Henry on IR myself on fleaflicker....

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 am

In the league I run, I allow players to go onto IR only when MFL lists them as IR.

There is usually a lag between NFL IR and MFL then updating them to IR. I despise having to manually police these types of things, so we all have to bite the bullet and wait til the automated MFL system catches up.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 am

One alternative is to expand the injury statuses for the IR slot.

We allow "Out" in ours for more flexibility, so it's really an IR/Out slot. Henry is already slotted in.

We had plenty of discussion on "Injured" players vs. IR slot usage. I know I always hated how some guys would be out for multiple weeks or months in a row, but not put on IR, which isn't fair or fun at all.

Ultimately, I like leaning on the side of roster flexibility, as there's gray area and hassle either way.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 am We allow "Out" in ours for more flexibility, so it's really an IR/Out slot. Henry is already slotted in.

We had plenty of discussion on "Injured" players vs. IR slot usage. I know I always hated how some guys would be out for multiple weeks or months in a row, but not put on IR, which isn't fair or fun at all.
So you allow for a player to go on IR for a single week listed as out? So say it's 30 minutes before game time and a player who was questionable changes to an out status... He can go on IR?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.