won't/should not make roster
1%

Total votes: 125

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Geronimo Allison value

Postby skip » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 pm

kamihamster wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 am i voted WR4-6 in GB. they drafted 3 guys this year after losing Jordy. That tells me they aren't very comfortable with Allison as a full time starter.
I wouldn't read much into them selecting so many WRs. Since 2013 they have been selecting a number of WRs in the latter part of each draft. Most of them have done nothing.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:20 pm
cornhole2412 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 pm GB used some draft capital on WRs this year
They use draft capital on WRs pretty much every year. I like Allison pretty safely as their #3 for whatever that's worth.
He's got the inside track for the job, but it's far from settled. He's used the most of his opportunities as an undrafted guy, but hasn't really shown anything special. The opportunity is there for any of the rookies to sneak in. I'd be surprised if any of the guys already there jumped over him though (Clark, Yancey, Davis). Clark seems to have the best shot, but Yancey probably doesn't make the 53 and Davis's best asset is his return ability.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:51 pm

He should be their WR3, and that's not necessarily a bad thing since Cobb gets dinged up so much.

Cthulhu
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cthulhu » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:00 pm

He has the trust of #12 which is important and elevates him past the rookies. To me, he's an ideal end of roster stash. He has inherent value and is an injury away from flex consideration.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Just a reminder that Allison already has 1 suspension from violating the substance abuse policy (marijuana possession) - not sure if that places him in Stage II (or whatever stage) but I assume another violation means a longer suspension (and the Josh Gordon / Martavis Bryant track).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 pm Just a reminder that Allison already has 1 suspension from violating the substance abuse policy (marijuana possession) - not sure if that places him in Stage II (or whatever stage) but I assume another violation means a longer suspension (and the Josh Gordon / Martavis Bryant track).
New policy would give him a fine of two game checks under a second offense. He'd need to be on his fourth offense to risk a suspension and even then it's only four games.
1. First violation: Referral to a substance-abuse program.

2. Second violation: Fine equivalent to two game checks. (The player’s NFL team isn’t necessarily informed, as the punishment does not affect playing time).

3. Third violation: Fine equivalent to four game checks. (Again, the team isn’t necessarily informed).

4. Fourth violation: Four-game suspension.

5. Fifth violation: 10-game suspension.

6. Sixth violation: One-year banishment.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foo ... 3dc3d43ccb

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm not even a little worried.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Thanks for the update :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:05 am

PFF had him graded 110th out of 116 WRs (who played enough stats to qualify).

5 years ago I hadn't heard of PFF. Since then I have found it very helpful, perhaps most in understanding why some guys flash only in certain situations or for short periods while others still produce in tough situations or when they are traded and so on. I mean, when we say talent plus opportunity .... PFF seems to connect talent with performance.

In other words ... I'm not too excited about Allison.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:20 am

Allison has all the potential in the world, and Aaron Rogers trust, which is something you have to earn. That he did shows he's got some chops. Receivers always go down in Green Bay for some reason so he could easily find himself as the no.2 before seasons end, unless he's the one dinged. A quality stash IMO. If you can get him cheap, do so.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:59 am

Having Rodgers trust can be huge. And a little fact that I think a few of people are overlooking, Cobb is a FA next season, and isn't guaranteed to be back with the team. I highly doubt he gets extended during the season based on his recent play.

IF...and that's a big IF, but if Geronimo plays well this season, he could earn the number 2 WR spot as early as next season. He's more of a lotto ticket than a sure thing, but def stash worthy.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 am

As a GB fan I can see Geronimo being the #2 WR by the end of this season (Cobb just isn't an outside WR). He is def stash worthy.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Pew Dogs wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:05 am PFF had him graded 110th out of 116 WRs (who played enough stats to qualify).

5 years ago I hadn't heard of PFF. Since then I have found it very helpful, perhaps most in understanding why some guys flash only in certain situations or for short periods while others still produce in tough situations or when they are traded and so on. I mean, when we say talent plus opportunity .... PFF seems to connect talent with performance.

In other words ... I'm not too excited about Allison.
Pretty sure PFF thought Davante Adams was garbage as well. PFF is just guys making judgement calls without any idea what the play was supposed to be. They have some good information, and I appreciate what they're trying to do, but they are not an objective evaluation of a player. Maybe if the NFL institutes something like what MLB has brought in they could be, but right now its just the eye test in numbers.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Yeah, PFF swings for the fences and misses from time to time. Just like every other fantasy entity out there.

I do believe you are correct about Davante Adams. Perhaps Allison will follow suit. I like him quite a bit.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm It's possible that we slightly disagree about what characteristics define a cuff.
"where the cuff could be great if the top guy goes down"

This is more to the point of what I was replying to. How do you define 'great'?

I'm saying I don't think it's some locked-in probability that Allison becomes more than a fantasy WR3 play if Adams were to go down for the season. It's not even a sure thing yet that Allison wins the starting job in 3-wide. Packers threw a wide net at Day 3 WRs this year for a reason, I think.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:28 am

To reiterate the consensus, you wouldn't think that GB throws the towel in on Cobb during the season...unless he gets injured over and over. Next year? Who knows.

Today, Allison holds down the #3 spot which could blossom into a good opportunity should Adams or Cobb go down for any period of time. However, you'd still want to pay attention to any of these new guys in the preseason/camp: Moore, Valdez-Scantling, St. Brown considering they all are tall and lanky like Allison. Dependent on roster size, Allison is probably worth a roster spot but I'd keep a close eye on those rookies.