Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
MVP
MVP

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Duke's overdrafted ADP should decrease rapidly now. Will never top 100 carries. Going to be hard to catch 60 balls again with all their weapons and running QB's. His slot work will be gone too.

ninotoreS
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 pm

His slot work will be gone too.
No. He's too good at it and too dominant a mismatch. Expect to see him in the slot in 4-wide often.

He remains a confident bet for over 60 receptions, especially with Taylor. Very effective and well-paid players get used, and Duke is now both those things. On the sub-100 carries bit, you're obviously right.

Signing the extension dooms Duke's chances of being a feature-back somewhere else, but the money does at least pressure the coaching-staff to keep him involved all four quarters now, which hasn't always been the case in previous seasons.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

nathanq42
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 pm

I like Chubb a lot, but for me and where my team is at right now I am leaning towards RBs with a clearer path to immediate impact. So with that said, I won't pick Chubb at 1.04, but if he is there at 1.07 you bet your butt I'm snatching him up!

Not taking situation into consideration

Barkely

Chubb
Guice
Penny
Michel
Rojo

With situation

Barkley

Penny
Guice
Rojo
Michel
Chubb

Basically I have put an emphasis on early opportunity. But I would not question anyone shuffling my second tier. My only issue is when kerryon Johnson goes in the first round.

If Chubb changed spots with anyone of the second tier he would be my 1.02 easily
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Air Force IV
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Case Keenum, Ben Roethlisberger
RB David Johnson, Jerick Mckinnon IR, Radhaad Penny, Chris Carson, Royce Freeman, Kalen Ballage, Gio, Alfred Morris
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, Arob, Dede Westbrook, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones
TE Kyle Rudolph, Jack Doyle, Trey Burton
K Matt Prater
DEF Eagles

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:08 pm

This doesn’t change my option on Chubb or his situation/opportunity.

This does all but guarantee that Hyde will be looking for a new home by this time next year.
The standard is the standard.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm not surprised at all that the Browns signed Duke to an extension. A smart team would do that. So it only bolsters my confidence in what they are doing.

Here's what it boils down to. Chubb is a first round talent. Teams don't draft a player at the beginning of the 2nd round at a position they are already strong in unless they view the player as being much more talented than the place in the draft warrants...and I agree with them.

The cream rises to the top and that will be Chubb. Having strong back up/complimentary options behind even elite RB's in this league is smart for a team to do.

Duke will still have a role. But Chubb will rise to the top and be a stud in my opinion.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Brady, Keenum
RB: D. Johnson, Barkley, Chubb, Burkhead, G. Bernard, Scarbrough
WR: Fitz, Dez, AJ Green, Gordon, Watkins, D. Thomas, Crabtree, Hogan
TE: Kelce, Seals-Jones
K: Hauschka
D: Baltimore
Picks:

Blueboy
Starter
Starter

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 pm
No. He's too good at it and too dominant a mismatch. Expect to see him in the slot in 4-wide often.
I watched a heckuva lot of both Duke and Landry last year, and can't imagine Duke seeing anything more than a rotational role behind Jarvis.
The Guy Is Drunk: 36 team SF, 3-copy. Tiered PPR.
1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Rodgers, Ryan, Mayfield
RB: D. Johnson, D. Freeman, J. White, Abdullah, Darkwa, F. Gore,
WR: Hopkins, TY Hilton, D. Thomas Shepard, Ridley, M. Williams, Kelvin Harmon (Devy)
TE: Gronk
2019 3rd

Ilango Never Dies: 12 team SF, PPR
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Rodgers, Goff, Flacco, Jackson, Rudolph, Kizer, Lauletta
RB: Chubb, Hyde, Foreman, J. Williams, Ballage, Martin
WR: Tyreek Hill, ARob, M. Williams, Doctson, Coleman
TE: O.J. Howard, RSJ, Everett
2019 2nd 3rd

With My China Gurley: 12 team SF, 2TE, Tiered PPR.
1QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 3Flex
QB: Luck, Tannehill, Darnold
RB: Gurley, Zeke, McCoy,
WR: ARob, Tate, Watkins, Shepard, Ross, Washington, Ginn
TE: Ertz, Cook, Wilson, Andrews, Allen
2019 1st 2nd 3rd

Jason3123
MVP
MVP

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 pm

ninotoreS wrote:

He remains a confident bet for over 60 receptions, especially with Taylor. Very effective and well-paid players get used, and Duke is now both those things. On the sub-100 carries bit, you're obviously right.

Signing the extension dooms Duke's chances of being a feature-back somewhere else, but the money does at least pressure the coaching-staff to keep him involved all four quarters now, which hasn't always been the case in previous seasons.
60 catches? He lead the team with 74 and nobody else had more than 33. So who are you ruling out? Landry? Gordon? Njoku? Coleman? He also had a team high 93 targets. Not repeatable unless you think all those guys bust. Not too mention they threw 574 times last year. Don’t see much of an increase with Tyrod at QB, 2 RB additions, defensive additions. Although with Hue at the helm another winless season is possible and maybe they do throw 600 times.

FantasyFreak
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 pm

ninotoreS wrote:

Hue Jackson going 4 wide often? In the AFC north, with a good run blocking OL, and a young ascending TE for 3rd downs? I doubt it.
Boycott turcorox911. Do not feed the trolls!

ArrylT
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am

If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Chubb truthers hang out.

If you are a truther use the phrase "Duke is a Fluke" to join the Chubb truther ranks and put yourself on the road to earning yourself a free 24
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:47 am

ArrylT wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am
If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Chubb truthers hang out.

If you are a truther use the phrase "Duke is a Fluke" to join the Chubb truther ranks and put yourself on the road to earning yourself a free 24
Hahaha!!! Yes, this is the Chubb truther hang out spot.

However, I wouldn't say Duke is a Fluke either. He's a solid RB and does some things quite well.

Here's the deal though. Nick Chubb is ELITE in my eyes. And I really don't understand why Michel is considered the elite pass catching RB out of Georgia and Nick Chubb can't catch at all. It baffles me.

Some quick stats:

Both Michel and Chubb played all 4 years of their college careers together.

Michel's best receiving year = 26 receptions
Chubb's best receiving year = 18 receptions

Michel averaged 9.7 yards per catch for his career.
Chubb averaged 11.6 yards per catch.

Michel averaged 6.1 yards per carry for his career.
Chubb averaged 6.3 yards per carry.

Michel is 5'11" 214 pounds and ran a 4.55 40 yard dash for a 66th percentile speed and didn't test enough to compile a SparQ
Chubb is 5'11" 227 pounds and ran a 4.52 40 yard dash for an 89th percentile speed and 98th percentile SparQ

When Todd Gurley went down, it was Nick Chubb who was the RB who made Georgia fans put Gurley in their rear view mirror, not Michel.

Chubb can do it all and I'll stand by my hours of film watching with my opinion that Nick Chubb is second to only Saquon Barkley in talent in this draft for RB's.
Picks:

PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Postby PNWHawkfan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love it. That is perfect. We all have chubbies for Chubb over here.
12 Team 40 man Rosters PPR league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP
QB-Jared Geoff, Matt Ryan
RB-L. Bell , D. Johnson , Jamall Williams, Matt Brieda, James Connor, A. Abdullah
WR-D. Hopkins, J. Jones, AJ Green, Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Chris Godwin, Josh Reynolds
TE- Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper, Ian Thomas

IDP-DT, DE, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 1 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 3 Bonus for every 3 Tackles, 6 PT per sack
DT/DE-Aaron Donald, DeForest Buckner, Ezekiel Ansah, Trey Flowers, Derrek Barnett
LB- Luke Kueckly, CJ Mosely, Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, Darius Leonard, Corey littleton
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Tyrann matheiu

Taxi squad
1.3 Nick Chubb
4.10 Akrum Wadley
5.10 Chase Edmonds
5.11 D. Cain
6.10 Fred Warner
7.10 Rasheem Greene
UDFA Kyzer White

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am

Browns To Ride The Hot Hand At RB
6/22: Cleveland Browns running backs coach Freddie Kitchens mentioned on Friday that the offensive staff plans to ride the hot hand at the running back position this upcoming season. The Browns have depth and versatility in the backfield with Carlos Hyde, Nick Chubb, and Duke Johnson all on the roster. Kitchens stated, “Ultimately, all three of those guys can run our running game. Duke can do a few more things in the passing game. Ultimately, we feel like that is a position of strength." This is not the news that fantasy owners want to hear, as three-way committees at running back are rarely helpful for fantasy purposes. Of the three backs, Johnson is the safest bet for fantasy, as his role as the pass-catching back is secure. Chubb remains a strong hold in dynasty formats who could eventually take over the lead role as the season wears on. --Matt Terelle - Rotoballer
Source: www. ClevelandBrowns.com
Are the Hyde owners starting to sweat yet?

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am

Defender wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am
Browns To Ride The Hot Hand At RB
6/22: Cleveland Browns running backs coach Freddie Kitchens mentioned on Friday that the offensive staff plans to ride the hot hand at the running back position this upcoming season. The Browns have depth and versatility in the backfield with Carlos Hyde, Nick Chubb, and Duke Johnson all on the roster. Kitchens stated, “Ultimately, all three of those guys can run our running game. Duke can do a few more things in the passing game. Ultimately, we feel like that is a position of strength." This is not the news that fantasy owners want to hear, as three-way committees at running back are rarely helpful for fantasy purposes. Of the three backs, Johnson is the safest bet for fantasy, as his role as the pass-catching back is secure. Chubb remains a strong hold in dynasty formats who could eventually take over the lead role as the season wears on. --Matt Terelle - Rotoballer
Source: www. ClevelandBrowns.com
And the RB coach is already raving about Chubb and his abilities.

This isn't a slam on Hyde. I think Hyde is definitely in the top 30 RBs in the NFL in skill set and should be a starter somewhere. But, Chubb is better and will win out the day. It's really too bad for Hyde and Hyde owners.

Also, Duke owners should not expect similar pass catching numbers to last year. He'll be serviceable as a spot starter in FF. But, with the receiving options and Chubb/Hyde already showing they can both catch the ball well also...can anyone imagine Duke catching 50+ balls? I can't. I see him coming in for 2-3 catches per game. Let's call it 3 and that gets him to 48 catches. Realistic with the WR/TE group now with the Browns. He'll also have less than 200 yards rushing.

Chubb won't be a RB1 this year though in my opinion. He'll climb there in 2019 though. 2018 look like low end RB2 to RB3 numbers...which could start slow and end up being strong RB2 performances toward the end of the season.
Picks:

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

kris_kapsner wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am
Defender wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am
And the RB coach is already raving about Chubb and his abilities.

This isn't a slam on Hyde. I think Hyde is definitely in the top 30 RBs in the NFL in skill set and should be a starter somewhere. But, Chubb is better and will win out the day. It's really too bad for Hyde and Hyde owners.

Also, Duke owners should not expect similar pass catching numbers to last year. He'll be serviceable as a spot starter in FF. But, with the receiving options and Chubb/Hyde already showing they can both catch the ball well also...can anyone imagine Duke catching 50+ balls? I can't. I see him coming in for 2-3 catches per game. Let's call it 3 and that gets him to 48 catches. Realistic with the WR/TE group now with the Browns. He'll also have less than 200 yards rushing.

Chubb won't be a RB1 this year though in my opinion. He'll climb there in 2019 though. 2018 look like low end RB2 to RB3 numbers...which could start slow and end up being strong RB2 performances toward the end of the season.
Yeah I posted this in a different thread, but my projection for Chubb this year is what Mixon did last year. Obviously we should hope he does a bit better, considering the Browns’ OLine isn’t putrid like the Bengals. But I think Mixon’s numbers are a good expectation.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:45 pm

there is talk chubb may win the starter spot in camp, that's how impressive he's looked thus far.

i'm at the point where i would only draft guice ahead of him right now. no, i don't own the #1 pick anywhere so barkley is out of reach.